Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Read a bit more into it and apparently water severely limits strength of a Bluetooth signal, to something like a few inches. Even if you are on the surface doing front-crawl.

So looks like only option to to have the headphones with attached or internal storage for swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

mrcheez wrote: »
    Read a bit more into it and apparently water severely limits strength of a Bluetooth signal, to something like a few inches. Even if you are on the surface doing front-crawl.

So looks like only option to to have the headphones with attached or internal storage for swimming.

SONY do waterproof mp3 earphones for swimming

Sony NW-WS413 Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player, 4 GB - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BBWU834/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1MxvDb74CKDG0

SONY do waterproof mp3 earphones for swimming

Sony NW-WS413 Waterproof All-in-One MP3 Player, 4 GB - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BBWU834/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1MxvDb74CKDG0

yep I was just hoping I could get something small like the Bluetooth earbuds connected to Spotify and have the phone on the side of the pool.

Those headphones seem a little bulky. I wanted something in-ear that would be flush with the ear.

Pre-loading tracks isn't something I wanted to have to do either as pretty much all my music is streamed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Taotronics BH022 are on sale for 34 pounds as an Amazon lightning deal for the next hour or so.

Might take the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any recommendations on wireless earbuds for swimming to keep water out, and replace my current silicone earplugs? :)

You wont hear the shark coming up behind you. ;)

• Advertisement

You wont hear the shark coming up behind you. ;)

The fancy Jabra ones are open ear so I'd hear everything. :P

Ordered a set of Tiso i5's on the 31 of last month and they arrived yesterday. Thought that was pretty quick. Happy with them,little but of fluting around to get them both paired but sorted now. They seem to be excellent quality for €20. Mrs. O wants a set now,so they can't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got the tiso t5 but can't get them to pair to each other. Can hear power on and can connect to phone but can only get one ear piece with sound.On Bluetooth it has tiso L and tiso R??

Blue lights on the box how can I tell if charged

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You only need pair to R.
    I have the i4's so I don't know for sure with i5's but I guess it is the same, red light when charging, blue when charged.
    Don't the i5's have a case with 4 lights to tell how much charge left?

Suckit wrote: »
    You only need pair to R.
    I have the i4's so I don't know for sure with i5's but I guess it is the same, red light when charging, blue when charged.
    Don't the i5's have a case with 4 lights to tell how much charge left?

Yes four blue lights on the front of the case. I think I saw the percentage of charge in the actual buds on the phone screen also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

GBX wrote: »
    More than a few times yeah. But not everyone is familiar with the model or reads/sees this thread. Which brings it back to why not put them in their own thread :confused:

Having a dedicated thread for earbuds (something that will probably go out of fashion in another month), when the next cool thing gets released.
    Got the tiso t5 but can't get them to pair to each other. Can hear power on and can connect to phone but can only get one ear piece with sound.On Bluetooth it has tiso L and tiso R??

Blue lights on the box how can I tell if charged

RTFM!

But if you are having problems getting both to pair they probably need to be reset. Instructions here.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Having a dedicated thread for earbuds (something that will probably go out of fashion in another month), when the next cool thing gets released.

RTFM!

But if you are having problems getting both to pair they probably need to be reset. Instructions here.

Ok did the below

How to reset! 'Tiso i5' because instructions are not clear.
    Put both in the charger.
    Take out the right and put to your ear, press button and listen till it turns off.
    Take out the left and do the same.
    Now press the button on them both at the same time, until the light turns darker/brighter red. Both should now be off.
    Turn them both back on at the one at a time. And one should stop flashing. What ever is flashing is the master.
    They should be flashing, click one of them whichever you want as master.
    And re-pair to phone,as resetting may mess with phone settings.

Still showing up as separate l and r in Bluetooth connection. Choose the master l but only l works. Looked at the you tube paring video and still the same outcome

I just can't seem to get them to pair

They will always show up in Bluetooth as separate pairing items, for people who want to use them singly.

Try forgetting any established pairing on your device.

Try the reset option again, and once you know the one flashing as master. Put both back in the box.

Takeout the 'master' (usually the R) and pair to that one with your phone.

Put it back in the box. Turn off Bluetooth on your device. Take both out one at a time. Then turn on BT on device.

It may take a few attempts to get the reset working.

Make sure your holding the buttons till the color change on them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

They will always show up in Bluetooth as separate pairing items, for people who want to use them singly.

Try forgetting any established pairing on your device.

Try the reset option again, and once you know the one flashing as master. Put both back in the box.

Takeout the 'master' (usually the R) and pair to that one with your phone.

Put it back in the box. Turn off Bluetooth on your device. Take both out one at a time. Then turn on BT on device.

It may take a few attempts to get the reset working.

Make sure your holding the buttons till the color change on them.

At last got them working cheers.

Do you need to turn them off when you put 60 back in the box or do they turn off when you put them straight into the box?

Also can they be used for answering and taking calls on the phone or just for listening on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

At last got them working cheers.

Do you need to turn them off when you put 60 back in the box or do they turn off when you put them straight into the box?

Also can they be used for answering and taking calls on the phone or just for listening on the phone.

They turn off and start charging as soon as you put them back in the box.

And can be used for phone calls, you can answer an incoming call by tapping the button. Dialling for calls would need to be done from phone, but then 2way audio will work on buds

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

These were included on another BA thred - thought they might be appreciated here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Special-Wireless-Headphone-Cancellation-Matte-Black/dp/B07CKT8Z57?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9742e02d_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

(Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting the same BA in a second thread....)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

thejaguar wrote: »
    These were included on another BA thred - thought they might be appreciated here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Special-Wireless-Headphone-Cancellation-Matte-Black/dp/B07CKT8Z57?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9742e02d_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

(Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting the same BA in a second thread....)

That's a great price on the HD 4.50. They have VERY small cups though. I also find the ANC on TaoTronic Bh22, bh060 and bh046 significantly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

grogi wrote: »
    That's a great price on the HD 4.50. They have VERY small cups though. I also find the ANC on TaoTronic Bh22, bh060 and bh046 significantly better.

I have them and find them quite comfortable, at a guess I have average sized ears

The ANC is useless on them, may as well be non existant imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

thejaguar wrote: »

They are well worth that price although I dont have use really for the ANC on them.

I use them a lot for watching Netflix etc and they are brilliant. No latency whatsoever, rock solid connection and the battery lasts forever.

They are a bit weird in the cup size though. They are somewhere between on ear and over ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

With linear sources, such as Netflix or YouTube, you will not notice latency on any modern BT headphones. There are ways to compensate for it.

The real latency can be experienced while playing games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can anyone recommend wireless headphones that work for jogging and won't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend wireless headphones that work for jogging and won't break the bank.

Mentioned a billion times in the thread already, Tiso i4 (lots of people on this thread, including myself have them and I love them - used solely for jogging) and the Tiso i5 which are a recently updated model, but not a lot of reviews here.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Tusky wrote: »

The Tiso i4/i5 sound like they're great. If you're looking for something a little higher on the price point, my Creative Outlier Airs are still working perfect. Zero drop outs from Garmin watch on wrist or OnePlus 6T in pocket with 30 hours of battery and a really slim case design which makes them easy to carry around for day-to-day stuff.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air

I know there's been mixed reviews from others here but for me they've been rock solid.

Someone was looking for earbuds for swimming!?

@mrcheez

These Waterproof (IPX7) True Wireless Earbuds Are Perfect But...

50% quiet volume for music!

RRP: £79.99 Price: £45.99: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/EarFun-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Earphones/dp/B07R5MKX3K

I was going to link .es + .de but they don't ship here!

Don't know if these will work underwater, as these types of buds or more designed for people who accidentally go swimming with them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

They would want to be severely well jammed into the ear not to get pushed out by the motion of your head pushing against the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice.

I’m in the market for truly wireless earphones for work in a shared office. I like the idea of using only one bud while the other is in the charging case - as I like listening to music while I work, but also people around me often chat while I’m working, so I’d like to be able to hear ambient noise.

I’m leaning towards the Apple AirPods - however the price point for AirPods is out of my budget. Could anyone provide links to alternatives to AirPods (as I like their profile) - I know there’s some on Aliexpress, amazon and eBay - but I have no clue as to what is decent. Thanks :)

Get IPX-7 Waterproof earbuds of your choosing and replace the eartips with these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swimbuds-Replacement-Waterproof-Earbud-large/dp/B00BQM58QC
    Monokne wrote: »
    They would want to be severely well jammed into the ear not to get pushed out by the motion of your head pushing against the water.

That is why I shared a photo of these tips earlier in the thread!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice.

I’m in the market for truly wireless earphones for work in a shared office. I like the idea of using only one bud while the other is in the charging case - as I like listening to music while I work, but also people around me often chat while I’m working, so I’d like to be able to hear ambient noise.

I’m leaning towards the Apple AirPods - however the price point for AirPods is out of my budget. Could anyone provide links to alternatives to AirPods (as I like their profile) - I know there’s some on Aliexpress, amazon and eBay - but I have no clue as to what is decent. Thanks :)
    Tiso i5's from aliexpress have been excellent and quick tracked delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

That is why I shared a photo of these tips earlier in the thread!?

Missed that pic pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

I have got these and very pleased with them. I do not know why, but are half price compared with other sellers.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07R8XCJQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement