Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Hey lads, looking for advice.

I wish my ears weren't so picky when it comes to earphones, but they are. Well, when I say they're picky, I mean that (in general but not always) wired earphones below €20 rarely sound good to me, while wireless earphones below €50 usually sound crappy to me too.

With this in mind, can anyone recommend a relatively cheap pair of these airpod copies that might satisfy me? Or is that asking far too much? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

OnLooker wrote: »
    Stuck between them and the bh060's

They're €65 delivered from amazon Spain
    Jabra Move Wireless

Did you consider the Sennheiser HD 4.5 £80 in their outlet store 4.4's are £50 if you don't need noise cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

noodler wrote: »
    Now I'm torn between the CH700n , bh046 and the newer bh060.
    I have the bh60s they are very good but all accounts the 46s are meant to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm looking to get a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3, do any of you know if Amazon are inclined discount earphones during their prime day sale?

€268 delivered from amazon.de .That includes a coupon of €18 discount,dont know how that will last.

They are cheaper than on uk site including warehouse deals and only place I saw them for less was eglobal at €255.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

yabadabado wrote: »
    €268 delivered from amazon.de .That includes a coupon of €18 discount,dont know how that will last.

They are cheaper than on uk site including warehouse deals and only place I saw them for less was eglobal at €255.

I got them on littlewoods yesterday reduced to €269 for the silver pair, figured I wouldn't do much better so ordered...

Thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Suckit wrote: »
    These come with high praise from a couple of reviews that I have read, one even saying better than some in the €50 price range.
    IPX5 deep waterproof protection - humid environment, Rain, washing, wet hands, sweat, wet clothes etc. Not an issue.
    With low power consumption (Bluetooth 5.0), they can be in operation for up to 40 hours: fully charged work 4 hours with smartphones with Bluetooth 4.1 (4.2), and with smartphones with Bluetooth 5.0 as much as 6 hours.
    They can be used in single mode (1 earphone).
    6mm drivers in each earbud.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

I ordered a pair of these and they arrived friday. Really impressed so far. Connection was straighforward, no dropouts and the sound quality is excellent. I haven't worn them enough to test the battery life. For the price they are excellent and an improvement on my outlier airs which may be going back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I ordered a pair of these and they arrived friday. Really impressed so far. Connection was straighforward, no dropouts and the sound quality is excellent. I haven't worn them enough to test the battery life. For the price they are excellent and an improvement on my outlier airs which may be going back now.

How is the bass?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    How is the bass?

I'd need to try them with something bassy. the stuff i normally listen to would not be bass heavy. Recommend something and i'll give it a listen and get back to you.

Something else i've noticed. On the bluetooth screen on the phone it shows the %age battery remaining. I dont remember the Airs doing that.

• Advertisement

I'd need to try them with something bassy. the stuff i normally listen to would not be bass heavy. Recommend something and i'll give it a listen and get back to you.

Thanks. You will find lots of them on youtube. Any will do really.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=heavy+bass+english+songs+

Something else i've noticed. On the bluetooth screen on the phone it shows the %age battery remaining. I dont remember the Airs doing that.

New version of Android usually does that.

Thanks. You will find lots of them on youtube. Any will do really.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=heavy+bass+english+songs+

Ok i listened to 2 of those tracks and there is plenty of bass there for me. That isn't really my kind of music though so ymmv. For the price i think they are fanstastic and sound as good as my outlier airs.

New version of Android usually does that.

I'll check it again with my airs but i didnt notice that the last time i used them.

Ok i listened to 2 of those tracks and there is plenty of bass there for me. That isn't really my kind of music though so ymmv. For the price i think they are fanstastic and sound as good as my outlier airs.

Thanks for that. Ordering now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Also ordered based on the above and the positive online reviews. Normally takes about 2 weeks to arrive does it?

Also ordered based on the above and the positive online reviews. Normally takes about 2 weeks to arrive does it?

2 weeks might be a bit hopeful. Mine took 3 and i thought that was quite quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I pulled the trigger on these as well. Great price if half decent !

So i've worn them for about 3 hours today. The phone is telling me that the battery is now at 60%. My phone has bluetooth 5 so that helps extend the battery life so you may not get the same battery life if your phone doesn't have bluetooth 5. They are also still comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I can see the battery percentage when using my Airs on my 1+ 6T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

garion wrote: »
    I can see the battery percentage when using my Airs on my 1+ 6T.

So can I - though I do find I only get about an hour from when it hits 40%, so it' s not calibrated great. Not sure if that is because of the phone, or bluetooth, or the Outlier airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Suckit wrote: »
    These come with high praise from a couple of reviews that I have read, one even saying better than some in the €50 price range.
    IPX5 deep waterproof protection - humid environment, Rain, washing, wet hands, sweat, wet clothes etc. Not an issue.
    With low power consumption (Bluetooth 5.0), they can be in operation for up to 40 hours: fully charged work 4 hours with smartphones with Bluetooth 4.1 (4.2), and with smartphones with Bluetooth 5.0 as much as 6 hours.
    They can be used in single mode (1 earphone).
    6mm drivers in each earbud.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

These arrived yesterday. Took a few goes to get the two earphones working at the same time but I think that was more me than them to be fair.

Decent sound. Bass is better than I was expecting but not mind blowing.

Not sure on battery times yet but I’m sure it’ll be more than enough for me as I only bought them for the odd listen in work.

Overall they seem like quality headphones in particular for the really cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

These arrived yesterday. Took a few goes to get the two earphones working at the same time but I think that was more me than them to be fair.

Decent sound. Bass is better than I was expecting but not mind blowing.

Not sure on battery times yet but I’m sure it’ll be more than enough for me as I only bought them for the odd listen in work.

Overall they seem like quality headphones in particular for the really cheap price.

did you get them shipped direct to you or somewhere like Parcel Motel(which i believe is quicker)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is there any issues with them coming from China to my Irish home address for customs etc?

Is there any issues with them coming from China to my Irish home address for customs etc?

there shouldn't be. they are below the price where vat/duty kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

adox wrote: »
    did you get them shipped direct to you or somewhere like Parcel Motel(which i believe is quicker)?

Normal post. No issues with customs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is it just me or is there suddenly a huge surge in number of people walking around with white airpods, or copies?! Like 2 months ago you hardly saw any. Was there a recent price drop or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there suddenly a huge surge in number of people walking around with white airpods, or copies?! Like 2 months ago you hardly saw any. Was there a recent price drop or something?

Probably due to the release of the cheaper copies. They're now at the "sure I'll give them a go" price range. The hippy in me worries about what happens when they end up in the garbage dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    indiegogo <<< So buyer beware?

Crowdfunding is not shopping. Your donation is a way to support a project but does not guarantee that you will receive a perk.

Pamu Slide, Born for Music, Never Fall Out from approx $50 ~~ €45 + Vat & Shipping?

10 Hour battery and 2,000 mah charging case resulting in 60 hours use?

rsslczj9rvjbpxkjlexz.jpg

^^^ Thought I shared that here as well, in case someone is interested?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Any decent pair of earbud-shape wireless (airpod style) earphones available for cheap?

Advertisement