Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So Creative have refunded me the price I paid for the Outlier Airs but not as yet the postage to return them, which was €14! I sent them by registered mail as advised by Creative and sent them a scan of the receipt.

I've contacted them again about it and they have offered store credit for 30 days or an earpiece!

I'm not at all impressed.

I've replied saying that I want neither and want a refund.

Awaiting a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No idea what these are like,the reviews in the comments claim they're decent - I'm guessing for the price.

$2.91 with discount https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000129749.html

Use the coupons - https://i.imgur.com/AIzH2pE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Just ordered my 3rd set of plantronic backbeat pros, for anyone else who struggles with the in ear types these are your only man for running

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gman2k wrote:
    I've a set of "Original z8" bone conduction headphones coming to me soon from AliExpress. (Tracking says it had arrived in Ireland yesterday). I'll let ye know how they are, they seem to be the ones with the most orders on Ali- nearly 1500 bought.

So these arrived, very happy with the build quality. Sound is a bit tinny, but suppose that's to be expected for where they are placed. Comfortable to wear and very light, and can hear everything going on around me no problems.
    There is a lot of sound leakage from them as noted by the other half, so would need to compare to the more expensive brands.
    I haven't worn them out on the bike yet, and I would just be using them for taking calls, not necessarily for listening to music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

gman2k wrote: »
    So these arrived, very happy with the build quality. Sound is a bit tinny, but suppose that's to be expected for where they are placed. Comfortable to wear and very light, and can hear everything going on around me no problems.
    There is a lot of sound leakage from them as noted by the other half, so would need to compare to the more expensive brands.
    I haven't worn them out on the bike yet, and I would just be using them for taking calls, not necessarily for listening to music

Are they from amazons store on ali?
    I have rhe Trekz Titanium, sound leakage too, but waterproof and great for cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Invincible wrote:
    Are they from amazons store on ali? I have rhe Trekz Titanium, sound leakage too, but waterproof and great for cycling.

They are from "Shop804902" on AliExpress

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

30% off voucher available on Soundcore Liberty Neo on Amazon at the minute. £60 reduced to £42 but you need to ship to AddressPal or the like.

Soundcore Truly-Wireless Earbuds, Liberty Neo by Anker, Wireless Headphones with Graphene-Enhanced Drivers, 12-Hour Playtime, IPX5 Waterproof, Stereo Calls, Easy Pair, AAC, Microphone & Bluetooth 5.0 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MCGZK3B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-7r8CbZPJS0S8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

TitianGerm wrote: »
    30% off voucher available on Soundcore Liberty Neo on Amazon at the minute. £60 reduced to £42 but you need to ship to AddressPal or the like.

Soundcore Truly-Wireless Earbuds, Liberty Neo by Anker, Wireless Headphones with Graphene-Enhanced Drivers, 12-Hour Playtime, IPX5 Waterproof, Stereo Calls, Easy Pair, AAC, Microphone & Bluetooth 5.0 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MCGZK3B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-7r8CbZPJS0S8

Dont forget the free iphone x case as listed on hukd 😉

Invincible wrote: »
    Dont forget the free iphone x case as listed on hukd 😉

I didn't bother getting it in case they shipped them separately and I'd end up paying two Parcel Motel fees (and I don't have an iPhone) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

There's Lightning Deal on Amazon UK for Taotronics BH060 at present (just under 4 hours left), with the £10 voucher listed beside the price (expiring today) they came down to £32.50...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MR52QWH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

fast_eddie wrote:
    There's Lightning Deal on Amazon UK for Taotronics BH060 at present (just under 4 hours left), with the £10 voucher listed beside the price (expiring today) they came down to £32.50...

I'm only seeing the voucher on the newer version which makes them £59.99 I think.

Any thoughts on how to get the price you mentioned? Much difference between the two of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I'm only seeing the voucher on the newer version which makes them £59.99 I think.

Any thoughts on how to get the price you mentioned? Much difference between the two of them?

It's the newer (2019) version of the BH 60's which I've linked - the Lighting Deal price is £42.49, marked down from £59.99. I can't see the £10 voucher now but that might be because I've already used it. If you search for Taotronics items within Amazon UK, several have £5 or £10 vouchers listed against them.

Looking at an Amazon search for "Taotronics Noise Cancelling Headphones", I can see the BH046 which have "hybrid" in the description, they're £69.99 before applying the £10 voucher.

£42.49 for the BH060 as linked is a good price, another tenner off was too good to resist (for me anyway)...

2.5 hours left on lightning deal...

Regards,
    Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

fast_eddie wrote:

Went with the 2019 upgrade myself.

Thanks Eddie.

Factory refurbished Bose Soundsport available direct from Bose for £70. 30 day money back guarantee and I think a two year warranty.

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones_outlet/soundsport_free_wireless_fr/buy.html?cjevent=c5cc0954844411e9802700480a18050f

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Nice price, thanks for posting.
    I'd love to snap them up but the mixed reviews are putting me off, has anyone tried them out?

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Nice price, thanks for posting.
    I'd love to snap them up but the mixed reviews are putting me off, has anyone tried them out?

I'm tempted but think the unit would protrude to far out of my ear. You can return them anyway if they don't suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

They’re out of stock

They’re out of stock

Probably for the best...:D

CPL 593H

Probably for the best...:D

Sorry, blue ones still in stock.

• Advertisement

They're back up to £159stg :(

CPL 593H

They're back up to £159stg :(

I’ve a feeling it may have been a pricing error as the savings were always listed as £20....even when they had been priced at £79.95. The price now reflects a saving of £20. Who knows if they would’ve honoured it if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

These come with high praise from a couple of reviews that I have read, one even saying better than some in the €50 price range.
    IPX5 deep waterproof protection - humid environment, Rain, washing, wet hands, sweat, wet clothes etc. Not an issue.
    With low power consumption (Bluetooth 5.0), they can be in operation for up to 40 hours: fully charged work 4 hours with smartphones with Bluetooth 4.1 (4.2), and with smartphones with Bluetooth 5.0 as much as 6 hours.
    They can be used in single mode (1 earphone).
    6mm drivers in each earbud.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Has anyone who ordered the Factory refurbished Bose Soundsport got any email regarding dispatch yet? I ordered on Saturday morning and got the order confirmation email but have heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm tempted but think the unit would protrude to far out of my ear. You can return them anyway if they don't suit.

I've had two sets of them so far. I got the second ones as a replacement from Bose after the originals went faulty. I sold the replacements because they do sit out quite a bit and make you look like an extra from the original Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Thinking of going for the rha trueconnects, anyone tried a pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

adox wrote: »
    So Creative have refunded me the price I paid for the Outlier Airs but not as yet the postage to return them, which was €14! I sent them by registered mail as advised by Creative and sent them a scan of the receipt.

I've contacted them again about it and they have offered store credit for 30 days or an earpiece!

I'm not at all impressed.

I've replied saying that I want neither and want a refund.

Awaiting a reply.

Did you hear back from them? It's not on the amount of people that have problems with these earphones. Such a pity. I'd like a replacement but I just think they'd be problematic also. Also what did they mean by offering you an 'earpiece'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Got the below notification earlier, might interest some

Link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MR52QWH?psc=1

482082.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Suckit wrote: »
    These come with high praise from a couple of reviews that I have read, one even saying better than some in the €50 price range.
    IPX5 deep waterproof protection - humid environment, Rain, washing, wet hands, sweat, wet clothes etc. Not an issue.
    With low power consumption (Bluetooth 5.0), they can be in operation for up to 40 hours: fully charged work 4 hours with smartphones with Bluetooth 4.1 (4.2), and with smartphones with Bluetooth 5.0 as much as 6 hours.
    They can be used in single mode (1 earphone).
    6mm drivers in each earbud.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

Just pulled the trigger on these. Will let ye know what they’re like in about 3 months when they arrive randomly at my door and I go ah yeah forgot I ordered them.

• Advertisement

These arrived today.

Sound is better than my Jaybirds and they are nice and small in my ear and have a snug fit. Build quality is also good.

Should be ideal for the gym for me.

Advertisement