Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭The White Feather

In a weird way it has worked out for us but we sailed close to the wind.

As Shamobuc says, this will definitely keep us under the radar while everyone focuses on Limerick and Tipp now.
    We will play the loser of Laois and Westmeath in a quarter final qualifier and no disrespect to them but we should be well capable of winning.

Seemed like a perfect storm for Clare today (including the pun about the weather!" they got an early goal and even though we came back with a goal they led all the way through. Hard to come back away from home when they have the bit between their teeth.

We have beaten Clare since the 2013 All-Ireland final replay and sooner or later they would win again so the way its worked out I am glad its today and not a knockout win.

We are still in with a good chance to go all the way and now there will be nothing said about us which is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Glad we're through but still more questions than answers particularly in full-back line.

Any news on Colm Spillane?

Need him back asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

We were terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

We would be in major trouble without Hoggie. And the full back situation is very worrying. Cadogan and Cahalane are far too inconsistent, even within games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Seadin

Same problems with Cork. Not sure if we can win All Ireland but we can go through the qualifiers and see what happens.

• Advertisement

I appreciate that local radio gaa commentators are ridiculously biased but you gotta love Tom Nott.

Pure Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its worrying that in a must win gsne we came up well short.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Cork have one of the most talented panels around but haven't managed to click in the huge games. I think 3rd place might do them good.. a handy enough qualifier then onto face the loser of Leinster which, be it kk or Dublin, will be exactly what they need to reach the standard required.

I think winning Munster is a bit of a poison chalice... 4 weeks sitting around doing nothing after the insanity of Munster...it must be really hard to start it all up again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes today was disappointing but we are still in it and limerick came 3rd too last year and look what happened to them in the end!

I think it suits us very nicely now. All focus will be on the other teams

Yes today was disappointing but we are still in it and limerick came 3rd too last year and look what happened to them in the end!

I think it suits us very nicely now. All focus will be on the other teams

I dont think Cork are in a postion at the moment to win All Ireland. We are the Arsenal of hurling. We can be so good or absolutely disasterous. The inconsistency is the thing with Cork hurling in this decade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ladies were 4 points to 2 down v Waterford after 15 when Saoirse yet again scores a goal. Fully expect them to push kn for a comfortable win, live on the Ladies Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

puzl wrote: »
    Cork have one of the most talented panels around but haven't managed to click in the huge games. I think 3rd place might do them good.. a handy enough qualifier then onto face the loser of Leinster which, be it kk or Dublin, will be exactly what they need to reach the standard required.

I think winning Munster is a bit of a poison chalice... 4 weeks sitting around doing nothing after the insanity of Munster...it must be really hard to start it all up again

Typical Cork arrogance. Its Kilkenny-Wexford. Ye won't be allowed hurl against either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Waterfod playing as well as they can, some nice football, but Cork ahead at the break by 2 points.

Typical Cork arrogance. Its Kilkenny-Wexford. Ye won't be allowed hurl against either.

And who are you?

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    And who are you?

Davy probably

Just a fella pointing out the arrogance of Cork not realising Wexford are in the Leinster final instead of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Christ you'd know he's from Wexford anyway. Contrary and odd as two left shoes.

Ladies winning 2-10 v 0-07 ten minutes into second half, Saoirse again with the goal.

They are pressing up all the time on the Wateford defence, who are beginning to wilt.

Great to hear the ladies winning. Proper team and consistant winners. Compared that to the hurlers who beat a below par Limerick and assume they are onto an All Ireland. Everyone may make sure not to be too physical with ye though otherwise there will be uproar.

Great to hear the ladies winning. Proper team and consistant winners. Compared that to the hurlers who beat a below par Limerick and assume they are onto an All Ireland. Everyone may make sure not to be too physical with ye though otherwise there will be uproar.

the word is consistent... if you're gonna use it at least spell it right.

• Advertisement

Ladies win 2-14 v 0-09 credit Waterford for giving it their all but Cork are kn a different level.

Saoirse and Orla Finn got most of the scores but the sheer work ethic for the first 10 of the second half paved the way.

One thing I always notice notice about Oral Finn, is when kicking as if she has a pitching wedge she has great accuracy and normally scores. But when she kicks giving it a bit of a driver, she invariably misses. Outstanding energy all through though, she really is a top player.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »

the word is consistent... if you're gonna use it at least spell it right.

Actually you're right. CONSISTENTLY at nothing

Actually you're right. CONSISTENTLY at nothing

Consider yourself corrected and you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

Very strange game. Not sure how much can be taken from it really given the conditions and the wind swapping directions in the second half. Full back line struggled badly but they were hung out to dry with the space in front of them. Could be a blessing in disguise going this route. I think we’re in a similar situation to previous years, in that we can beat anyone, but you wouldn’t trust that we’ll get three good enough performances in a row to win the championship outright until we get a bit more down the spine of our defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

As a Clareman living in Cork I'd like to say that whilst I was delighted to finally beat you after all these years I'd also like to say that I thought today was a great occasion enhanced by the massive travelling support from Cork.
    Best of luck for the rest of the series.

Surely this is a WUM?

Munster hurling is competitive. All good teams there even Waterford are good despite things not going their way this year. Nobody in Cork is getting carried away just because we beat Limerick and Waterford this year. We have lost games over the years that maybe we could have won. We havent been consistent and every true Cork fan knows that. But we are still there in championship for 2019 and who knows we will wait and see.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but the behaviour of the Clare maor uisce/caman's during the game was disgraceful. They went after our lads on the line twice. Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

we played in fits and starts today , our backs wer far too loose again today Clare got there matchups right .We are just so inconsistent u have no idea wat performance this team will throw up .We will do well to get over kilkenny/wexford I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned but the behaviour of the Clare maor uisce/caman's during the game was disgraceful. They went after our lads on the line twice. Never seen anything like it.

Erra I wouldn't worry about those mucksavages now, they might have knocked over Kearney, but they're out on their holes for the Championship which is all that matters :D

Advertisement