Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

In the North Stand. Not sure which is worse for us, Collins distribution or Owens soft frees to Clare. Apparently now you can't stand your man up if you're in a red jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Good first half from us but we should really be further ahead. Collins has done his usual gift of puckouts that has probably cost us 3 points at least. Horgan somehow misses an easy free but playing well since then. We should really have a few goals but I think they will come in the second half. Connolly looks on fire and the crowd goes mental when he is on the ball. Fitzgibbon hit a tame shot that he could have got a goal and Horgan improvising nearly got one too.

Shane O'Donnell is playing out of his skin for Clare and if we can get tighter on him which we started to so as the game went on, we can get the job done. A goal or 2 for us will break this game open and put distance between the teams.

I love our aggression and a few frees for Clare seemed a tad soft. Great to see us really up for the game and busting a gut to tackle. Niall O'Leary and Joyce really coming into the game. We need to keep this going for the second half if we want to see this through. If we get a goal or 2 then I think we will definitely win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

you cannot be serious…. would have to say anyone calling for 'Horgan to go' should be a little bit ashamed of themselves given the 17 years of service he has given to Cork… hes there year in year out….

We need to sub Patrick Collins. His puckouts are absolutely killing us

Awful sending off. That wasn't even a booking. Same for his first yellow. The guy runs into him full force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Seadin

Silly by o Donaghue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

James Owens again, the man hates Cork.

A free out if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

Very bad decision by the ref. Would he even check with the umpires. Shane O'Donnell ran into O'Donoghue.

Short year for Cork now anyway. Just not good enough. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

7 points up and ended up losing. Ryan needs to go.

• Advertisement

The Gaa must be brutally stuck for referees when they are still giving james owens games to ref... he is brutal.. or else he loves being the centre of attention

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

**** unbelievable refereeing performance, he hadn’t a **** clue

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

It was a body check. Silly to do when you're on a yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

Gutted but not surprised. Ryan has had two years now and has been unable to get us out of Munster. Another year down the toilet.

Cork should never agree to play a game if he is the referee, he hates Cork, always shafts them.

Ryan must go now. Pathetic management and we are going no where with him there. Bringing on Cahalane and gets a yellow. Brain-dead management.

He was never good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Pure stupidity costs us again. Really believe we would have won at least 1 of the games if we had kept 15 on the field.

Fair play to Horgan and Harnedy, they stood up today after being horrendous last weekend. Some other excellent performances out there too I thought.

Surely we have a better goalkeeper in Cork than Patrick Collins. His distribution today was really bad and it's a consistent theme with him. It absolutely destroyed the momentum we built up after halftime and let Clare right back into it without having to do anything to earn it. Would Dalton be worth a shot in 2025? He can strike the ball accurately at least.

Thats a bit harsh, the sendings off today and last week were very harsh.

But for that and some very wasteful finishing in goal scoring areas Cork would likely have 2 wins.

Jeez we really fought well there to the end at least. Ref was very bad. Seemed to love giving Clare frees and the 2 yellows for O Donoghue were very bad. Both were the same thing really. Clare fella running full force into him. I would not give anything for either but if something was given it would be a free out. Definitely not a free in and a yellow. Thats crazy. Owens should be taken off all inter county matches.

Once that red happens its going to be very hard at this level.

Looking to our own performance, which we have to, Collins in particular was a very key weak link. I lost count of his bad distribution that directly led to a Clare point. It was at least 3 in the first half and more in the second. I said this at half time about him and ref so it was clear to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Referee aside we absolutely shat ourselves again today. Pat Ryan did great things at U21 level but my god we've gone backwards. Very few positives to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The Cork defence seems to be the issue in both games sofar. I personally think the team just isn't quite good enough as was the case last year. If they can't win with 30K fans behind them when will they? Out of the championship in April lol. Strange times....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thehairygrape

We can’t keep blaming referees. Next year it’ll be 20 years since Cork won an All Ireland. This years U20 team have never witnessed a Cork team winning an All Ireland. Very unlikely to even get out of Munster for the second year in a row. I just can’t see where we’re going at this stage tbh. We’re about to become the Offaly of Munster. Sad. Players must be gutted, they give their all.

Exactly right! Today was a fourth consecutive championship defeat for us.
    In the Pat Ryan era, we have just one championship win from six. Only one championship win from last seven. Its not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Charlie69

James Owen’s is a very very bad referee, I’ve said before it’s all about him and he’s so arrogant he actually thinks he’s doing a great job.

1 win in 6 Championship games under Pat Ryan, and that was against a rubbish Waterford team last year. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

We've got the hurlers to be competitive but what we don't have is the steel or heart to get it over the line when the chips are against them...been like that for years and is now a pattern....

• Advertisement

They've gone backwards. 1 win in 6 Championship games. Brutal.

Advertisement