Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    RTE was supposedly offering only €5k which you'd think would pale in consideration to what the streaming would bring in.

I'll be the bigger man and not make any comment on Cavan folk's unwillingness to pay for a stream but the fact that the Cavan County Board agreed doesn't do much to disprove the stereotype.

Ha. And that was a cracking match too. I think Kerry expected 20k to buy the stream which is a big pay day in the current climate so I cant fault them for wanting to do it. It just needs to be 100% reliable which it clearly isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

dobman88 wrote: »
    Conor still wouldnt get into the current Kerry team. Hes a decent player for Roscommon but wouldnt be up to standards for Kerry.
    He not far off the standard in my humble opinion well able to win his own ball and very accurate, plenty players just knocking on the door and can't get there chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The same was said about Conor Cox... we know how that turned out

Not this sh*t again, Cox wouldn’t be inside the top 20 forwards in Kerry for godsake. Do you watch Kerry club football?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Disappointing that they couldn't figure out a decent method for streaming the games consistently. They had enough chances to get it right. Loads of complaints, they should honour the refunds. I have a brother in ny that got to watch about 10 minutes of it, its not good enough in fairness

wonga77 wrote: »
    Disappointing that they couldn't figure out a decent method for streaming the games consistently. They had enough chances to get it right. Loads of complaints, they should honour the refunds. I have a brother in ny that got to watch about 10 minutes of it, its not good enough in fairness

I took a screenshot of the error message, complained on their Twitter post about it, with 100s of others and they blocked me :pac: so I guess I wont be getting a refund from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

dobman88 wrote: »
    I took a screenshot of the error message, complained on their Twitter post about it, with 100s of others and they blocked me :pac: so I guess I wont be getting a refund from them.

That is really bad form.

That is really bad form.

Yeah. No acknowledgement of the problem, even a tweet to apologise and say they're working to fix the issue would have been fine. But no, block fans and paying customers so the problem goes away.

Ah its not a big deal, just poor form as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Not this sh*t again, Cox wouldn’t be inside the top 20 forwards in Kerry for godsake. Do you watch Kerry club football?

Name them

Name them

There's 4 at my club alone:

Barry John Keane (chosen ahead of him by several Kerry managers)
    Tommy Walsh (same)
    Jack Savage (better all round player & better performer in the club & county championship)
    Gavin O Brien (made an impact at the highest level over the last 2 years)

To be honest there is prob more than 20 forwards better than him

Legion:
    Jameso
    Conor Keane

Stacks:
    Donaghy

Crokes:
    Shaw
    Brosnan
    Daithi Casey
    Kieran O Leary
    Burns

Kenmare:
    Paul O Connor
    Stephen O Brien
    Sean O Shea

Dingle:
    Paul Geaney
    Michael Geaney

Templenoe:
    K. Spillane

Kilcummin:
    Kevin McCarthy

Thats 19 with only looking at the senior clubs so throw in the 2 Cliffords from EK and you have 21, add in the other divisional teams and you have a good chunk more.
    I've prob left lads from the senior clubs out too

:pac: I laughed when I saw the "name them" post and was interested in your response. Can't argue with the players named anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

There's 4 at my club alone:

Barry John Keane (chosen ahead of him by several Kerry managers)
    Tommy Walsh (same)
    Jack Savage (better all round player & better performer in the club & county championship)
    Gavin O Brien (made an impact at the highest level over the last 2 years)

To be honest there is prob more than 20 forwards better than him

Legion:
    Jameso
    Conor Keane

Stacks:
    Donaghy

Crokes:
    Shaw
    Brosnan
    Daithi Casey
    Kieran O Leary
    Burns

Kenmare:
    Paul O Connor
    Stephen O Brien
    Sean O Shea

Dingle:
    Paul Geaney
    Michael Geaney

Templenoe:
    K. Spillane

Kilcummin:
    Kevin McCarthy

Thats 19 with only looking at the senior clubs so throw in the 2 Cliffords from EK and you have 21, add in the other divisional teams and you have a good chunk more.
    I've prob left lads from the senior clubs out too

Don’t follow the club football scene much... would go to a good few north Kerry champ games... that’s about it.. I’m. from the hurling part of Kerry... saw Cox playing several times with listowel.. some days he was good v good.. more days not great... he’s no Clifford or Seanie Shea that’s for sure... I do think he’s better than 1 or 2 of the lads You’ve mentioned... anyways I got onto Conor Cox because I asked about Dara Roche... what do u think of him? I have only seen him play on tv with east Kerry and each time I saw him he looked good...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Don’t follow the club football scene much... would go to a good few north Kerry champ games... that’s about it.. I’m. from the hurling part of Kerry... saw Cox playing several times with listowel.. some days he was good v good.. more days not great... he’s no Clifford or Seanie Shea that’s for sure... I do think he’s better than 1 or 2 of the lads You’ve mentioned... anyways I got onto Conor Cox because I asked about Dara Roche... what do u think of him? I have only seen him play on tv with east Kerry and each time I saw him he looked good...

Away with you now boy. No backtracking here.

Roche is hot & cold-funnily enough I’d put him in the Conor cox category.
    Very talented on his day but takes too many shots & is a real confidence player so if he misses 1/2 chances early on- you might aswell take him off.

I actually liked Conor Cox when he was coming through but I don’t think he developed his game at all from about the age of 20-25. He needed to add a few more strings to his bow cos to be honest when a top level player is marking him-he knows what Cox will do, which is try get onto his right & shoot. You can forget about the ball being laid off.

I’ve seen him marshalled fairly well at club level.

I like Adam Barry from brosna but haven’t seen enough to know is he up to intercounty level.

I think Shaw from Crokes will become a very live option for us over the next 2/3 years while I think Diarmuid o Connor will start to stand out as an intercounty midfielder over the same time period.

Lack of backs coming through is, as always, a concern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

Off topic somewhat but was looking at the Terrece Talk website the other day an a few players i seen i was wondering whatever came of them.

James Cahalane from Crokes played in the championship in 2003 but dind;t after, But even with Crokes would have still only have been in his later 20's early 30s at the start of the 2010s but don't remember him playing.

Eanna Kavanagh would be about the same age as Cahalane.

Damien Breen from Beaufort. Would be mid 30s now but don't remember him playing much even at club level after minor and U21 with Kerry but could be wrong.

Ciaran Kelliher from Miltown. Again played a lot at minor and U21 but seemed to go away then. Don't remember if he played with Miltown won the All-Ireland or not.

Bryan Russell and Cian Tobin from Spa. Both around the same age but seemed to play every litle even with Spa.

Colm O'Shea from Firies. Two year Kerry minor but don't remember much of him afte that

Probably emigrated, still a lot of young lads head off travelling and forgot to come home or can't come home if in the states.

Cian Tobin went travelling when he finished college and ended up teaching English for i think 5 years in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain. Played for a GAA team over there and won a few trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Gael85

cms88 wrote: »
    Off topic somewhat but was looking at the Terrece Talk website the other day an a few players i seen i was wondering whatever came of them.

James Cahalane from Crokes played in the championship in 2003 but dind;t after, But even with Crokes would have still only have been in his later 20's early 30s at the start of the 2010s but don't remember him playing.

Damien Breen from Beaufort. Would be mid 30s now but don't remember him playing much even at club level after minor and U21 with Kerry but could be wrong.

Ciaran Kelliher from Miltown. Again played a lot at minor and U21 but seemed to go away then. Don't remember if he played with Miltown won the All-Ireland or not.

Bryan Russell and Cian Tobin from Spa. Both around the same age but seemed to play every litle even with Spa.

Colm O'Shea from Firies. Two year Kerry minor but don't remember much of him afte that

Bryan Russell transferred to Castleknock in Dublin this year. Not on their senior team.

cms88 wrote: »

Eanna & Damien Breen both left Ireland a good few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Eanna & Damien Breen both left Ireland a good few years ago.

Eanna Kavanagh is back a few years. He lined out with the Crokes C team either last year or the year before.

Some of them get the taste of the good life, bondi beach, drink, girls, theres a big world out there away from Kerry and football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

kerryjack wrote: »
    Some of them get the taste of the good life, bondi beach, drink, girls, theres a big world out there away from Kerry and football.

Seriously.You mean drinking beer and chasing girls is better than football
    No way:):)

kerryjack wrote: »

Ah, I think that's harsh enough Jack. It's just lads living their lives. It takes a special mindset for the county game these days so hats off to any lad who is up to it. I wouldn't begrudge any lad his time travelling and making a life for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Seems as if 247.tv, the streaming service used by Kerry County Board, has the technical capability to mark users as 'VIP', allowing those users to view content for a specific county free of charge.

Kerry County Board neglected to use this option for Kerry Club Season Ticket Holders/County Board pass holders. Very disappointing.

Took Kerry CB only ~8 weeks to implement this as Passholders were given free access from this weekend onwards. Too little, too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The GAA suspends all club fixtures across the country indefinitely with immediate effect - add in the possible move to Level 4 or 5, and hard to see how the All-Irelands go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

The GAA suspends all club fixtures across the country indefinitely with immediate effect - add in the possible move to Level 4 or 5, and hard to see how the All-Irelands go ahead.

It won't happen now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It won't happen now anyway.

I think you got that one wrong. Mind you I did not see it coming either 😂

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

I think you got that one wrong. Mind you I did not see it coming either 😂

Its been one strange year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

https://thegaelicgame.wordpress.com/2020/10/07/kerry-hurler-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Not good news here for the hurlers. At this rate you'd wonder if there's going to be any championship for them, as it would be quite likely the GAA would scrip everything bar the senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

What way do we think we'll line out vs Monaghan this weekend should the game go ahead?

3 injuries to players who featured in the first 5 games spring to mind anyway: Jack Barry, Tony Brosnan & Liam Kearney (I think).

As far as I know, Gavin O Brien has been omitted from the panel for championship also.

• Advertisement

Member of the U20 team tested positive. This is the start of it. Surely better to just shut it down

Advertisement