Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

cms88 wrote: »
    She was on Twitter over the weekend saying how there's no need for nasty comments etc from people saying how county board want it work more than anyone. No sorry about it or anything, when people paied for somethign they didn't actually get.

I think shes mistaking nasty comments for people complaining about a poor service. I dont care about a loss of service, it's going to happen with a new streaming service and Kerry is hardly a hotspot for.broadband but to not even give a game or 2 for free or offer refunds, both of which Mayo GAA did, isnt right. All the spin is just about how much they're spending on streams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭conor05

Forge83 wrote: »
    No chance Parnells would go senior so soon , they would be ate alive! Of course everyone wants them playing senior eventually but it won’t happen for another few years.
    Has a composite team ever been considered for the senior hurling championship? Parnells/Kilgarvan/Crokes/Kenmare etc
    Ballyduff were always going to struggle with an unfit Mikey Boyle due to injury(plus the other injuries). Jason Diggins is some hurler from Causeway, would make any inter county panel in the country. As a back he doesn’t get the recognition the likes of Shane Conway does because he’s a forward.

The plan is a 10 team SHC in 2-3 years time. They are hoping Tralee Parnells will go in by themselves and then hopefully a South Kerry team.

You’d be surprised Tralee Parnells wouldn’t be too far off the standard of Ballyheigue at the minute.

Agreed about Jason Diggins, class hurler and awesome in the air too.

I think Daniel Collins from Kilmoyley is the best club hurler in Kerry when fully fit.

I can think of atleast 3 better hurlers than Shane Conway in the county, but they don’t go to college or never will play Fitzgibbon hurling so they won’t get the same profile as he got from the UCC Fitzgibbon Cup.

Collins v Diggins will be some match up in the final is they pair off.

The standard of Kerry club hurling is getting higher.

Lots of really talented hurlers in the 18 to 22 bracket on the scene now.

I fancy Causeway the final by 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

Forge83 wrote: »
    No chance Parnells would go senior so soon , they would be ate alive! Of course everyone wants them playing senior eventually but it won’t happen for another few years.
    Has a composite team ever been considered for the senior hurling championship? Parnells/Kilgarvan/Crokes/Kenmare etc
    Ballyduff were always going to struggle with an unfit Mikey Boyle due to injury(plus the other injuries). Jason Diggins is some hurler from Causeway, would make any inter county panel in the country. As a back he doesn’t get the recognition the likes of Shane Conway does because he’s a forward.

A South Kerry team of Kenmare, Kilgarvan, St. Pats, Crokes, Laune Rangers and Stacks used to enter for a wjile. But was a disaster, very little training etc.

I've always felt going down the line of Kenmare and Kilgarvan entering as South Kerry, Crokes and St. Pats as East Kerry and Parnalls and Daugh as another. Would be easier to get together for training etc plus would still play in the Intermediate etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

A South Kerry team of Kenmare, Kilgarvan, St. Pats, Crokes, Laune Rangers and Stacks used to enter for a wjile. But was a disaster, very little training etc.

I've always felt going down the line of Kenmare and Kilgarvan entering as South Kerry, Crokes and St. Pats as East Kerry and Parnalls and Daugh as another. Would be easier to get together for training etc plus would still play in the Intermediate etc

It very hard to set up multi club teams. Any dual player will come under pressure from his club for the other sport. It hard enough even in a club structure to manage the lesser sport whether it is football or hurling. I involved in a club team that plays football in a hurling county. We have about 50% crossover. The hurling team reached a quarter final we had won the first of matches and were playing to top the group and have a easier draw in QF. Players were instructed by hurling management not to play the second game. As there is no committee meetings except an adhoc executive the club officers refused to become involved.

Its virtually impossible for us to train at present as hurlers are not allowed to attend training. If you have a structure over 5-6 clubs it will be impossible to manage.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If South Kerry enter a team then any player that plays in the Senior Championship cannot play Intermediate Championship,
    That rule is there for the North Kerry clubs so it should be the same rule across the board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

If South Kerry enter a team then any player that plays in the Senior Championship cannot play Intermediate Championship,
    That rule is there for the North Kerry clubs so it should be the same rule across the board

It is not applied in the County football championship. I imagine that it is put in place to prevent divisional sides in North Kerry

Slava Ukrainii

It is not applied in the County football championship. I imagine that it is put in place to prevent divisional sides in North Kerry

Its applied for the B Football Championships alright

The Division Two county league is more benefit to the South Kerry clubs imo, they are playing the North Kerry clubs B Teams, playing better players and this would stand to them

Intermediate Championship this year they were only playing some clubs C teams because the North Kerry teams had a new rule this year to contend with re player eligibility for Intermediate Hurling Championship

Kilgravan made the decision to play in the Division One County League this year and in the one game they played before lockdown Abbeydorney beat them by 3/4 points,

The talent is there, winning minor and u21 championships on top of Kilgravan's success the last two years at Intermediate all should point to a very competitive South Kerry team for the senior championship.
    Get in a top coach and see where it takes them

Big difference though between the North Kerry clubs Intermediate teams and the South Kerry teams. It's not that long ago that some of them had players on the Kerry panel playing with their Intermediate teams.

Big difference though between the North Kerry clubs Intermediate teams and the South Kerry teams. It's not that long ago that some of them had players on the Kerry panel playing with their Intermediate teams.

There is a rule in place now to stop that from happening again,

Kilgravan beat a very strong Causeway B team in the county intermediate final two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1303411532793954306

This headline really got my back up.

How could you be confident about getting a ban for a blatant, dangerous breach of the rules on a "televised" game overturned? If overruled, it completely undermines the referee and sets the wrong kind of precedent for future appeals and furthermore a desperate example for younger players.

Clifford and East Kerry should accept the punishment and suspension and acknowledge wrong doing, end of.

(I am from East Kerry)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jaysus. I'd be shocked if it's over turned. I txt the brother almost straight away with a clip of it and we both said the ban could actually be increased. It's dangerous and nasty. My own club men play for East Kerry, I'm a massive fan of David and want to see him playing obviously but he cant have any complaints with a ban..

I also heard Donaghys opinion on the incident which slightly annoyed me. He said you're running up the pitch and a fella blocks you so you try and use a bit of leverage to get him off you. That's so far off the mark its mental.

I will lose whatever little faith I have left in the county board if that red card is over turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Mid-Kerry/Crokes has been hiked to €10 for the 1 match. Game is also on TG4 so i don't see why they think people will now pay double to watch it on a stream that's already showed to be poor. I wonder will Leona make a comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Mid-Kerry/Crokes has been hiked to €10 for the 1 match. Game is also on TG4 so i don't see why they think people will now pay double to watch it on a stream that's already showed to be poor. I wonder will Leona make a comment?

Is it not €10 for both games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think they are streaming tonights game, that's on tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

To even appeal that incident is mad. What could you even say to try get it changed, was fairly clear

They are unbelievable. Still no comment about Club Pass refunds or free access, either.

• Advertisement

Double package for the Mid Kerry V Crokes and Kenmare V Austin Stacks

Double package for the Mid Kerry V Crokes and Kenmare V Austin Stacks

Where are you seeing this? On 247.tv/gaa I only see a "Kerry Sunday Double package" which would cover the Kenmare vs Austin Stacks and Templenoe vs Kilcummin games. I don't see any package including the Mid Kerry vs Dr Crokes game.

Same As wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this? On 247.tv/gaa I only see a "Kerry Sunday Double package" which would cover the Kenmare vs Austin Stacks and Templenoe vs Kilcummin games. I don't see any package including the Mid Kerry vs Dr Crokes game.

Your right, I didnt see the Templenoe and Kilcummin game on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

My God the entitlement. The income streams are f*cked this year. It would cost you more to go to the game, and increasing fees later into a competition is not exactly unusual, and that's even if you are right, others above saying the 10 euro includes both games.

Don't pay it if you don't think it's worth the price.

Nobody owes you a comment, or anything else.

mystic86 wrote: »
    My God the entitlement. The income streams are f*cked this year. It would cost you more to go to the game, and increasing fees later into a competition is not exactly unusual, and that's even if you are right, others above saying the 10 euro includes both games.

Don't pay it if you don't think it's worth the price.

Nobody owes you a comment, or anything else.

I think it's you that needs to read what other people are say, that's for two different games.

As for ''entitlement'' i think it someone pays for something they're entitled for it to actually work ad if not to be given a refund for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Brendans v East Kerry has been terrible.

Some amount of easy chances kicked wide & generally poor standard overall.
    Hardly anyone on either team can kick a point from further than 20 yards out- standards are slipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Atrocious game of football, standard was terrible.
    How did Brendans get to a semi final? They are very, very poor.

East Kerry looked very poor aswell and jeez Dara Moynihan shouldn’t be near a Kerry team

Diarmuid O Connor looks v good but there wasn’t much else that I would say looked inter county standard there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

At least we didn't have to pay €10 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Looked a shadow of the Brendans team that beat Legion...

Some of the wides were shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Looked a shadow of the Brendans team that beat Legion...

Some of the wides were shocking.

The East Kerry game plan stifled them completely. Simply put the East Kerry management got the better of the tactics and allowed them an easy win. As soon as it was obvious East Kerry had Parker under control they should have moved O Connor in, they left it way too late.

While the shooting was poor I thought there were some very good performances defensively, kick passing, running game etc. Jack Sherwood, Paudie Clifford and Mark Ryan stood out.

Any idea why Andrew Barry didn’t start? Looked very good when he came on.

Advertisement