Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Coffey was very sticky on James O D all day but should have walked for that strike.

Far from a classic.

David Moran was very quiet, you'd wonder what fitness levels are like.

Great to see some Kerry football all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Legion ground that one out. Agree on number 4, he did a top job on James, not an easy man to mark. Easy to wind up evidently and he was lucky not to walk after falling for O Donoghues antics.

Think Rahillys looked a bit lost at times going forward but Podge O Connor had a good game sweeping for Legion. A nice afternoons entertainment all the same with the Wexford final on TG4 just before that game on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Tommy offered more or less nothing there today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Strand Road will be asking themselves all winter why they didn't go more direct into Tommy, was it one ball that was played into him in the second half

Huge improvement form the last time I saw Legion playing against the Stacks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

dobman88 wrote: »
    Pity to see Brendan Griffins nightmare performance on Friday night didnt affect him getting this game today. Hopefully he doesnt make as many bad decisions in this game.

Jonathan Griffin was the referee on Friday night.

• Advertisement

stuba wrote: »
    Jonathan Griffin was the referee on Friday night.

My bad. thought it was the same lad, that makes it even worse. Today's ref was equally as poor if not worse. Not a good look when that's the standard of officiating for senior games that are televised on one weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Quarter Final Draw, games next weekend:

St Brendans vs Legion
    East Kerry vs St Kierans
    Mid Kerry vs Kenmare
    Templenoe vs Dr Crokes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

St. Kieran’s looked impressive beating South Kerry last Sunday. I think they can give East Kerry a good game but can still see the champions edge it by 2 or 3 points in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont know that id read too much into it, south kerry was poor enough by recent standards, their management made some odd decisions too. I cant see anyone coming within 5 or 6 points of east kerry. Their bench alone is excellent

St. Kieran’s looked impressive beating South Kerry last Sunday. I think they can give East Kerry a good game but can still see the champions edge it by 2 or 3 points in the end.

I dont see them edging anything, cant see St Kierans causing too much trouble. They're 1/10 in the bookies. Not sure that South Kerry team are up to much either. I'd go a handy win for EK by 6 plus.

• Advertisement

I dont see them edging anything, cant see St Kierans causing too much trouble. They're 1/10 in the bookies. Not sure that South Kerry team are up to much either. I'd go a handy win for EK by 6 plus.

Kierans giving a good showing here - although P Clifford just burys a goal as I type...

St Brendans were impressive earlier, nice to see Jack Barry in full flow.

East Kerry scrape through...

Eddie Horan and Philip O C had a fine game for Kierans.

Paul Walsh will be sick over missing that penalty...

David Clifford will miss the semis now over that brainless lash out in the final minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Fair play to Kierans, played better than many here thought they would I suspect. At the same time, they should have won that, considering the penalty miss, the goal chances in the 1st half, the amount of kicks they dropped into the keeper's hands, and the silly mistakes, especially in that 2nd half, such as dropping the ball coming out of defence when not even being tackled.

Nice knee to the balls by Clifford there at the end, how many games will he miss for that?

Seems you were bang on. Good shout

What suspension is he looking at? Fossa are playing in the junior next weekend, will he miss that too or is it only a game in the senior champ he misses?

wonga77 wrote: »
    What suspension is he looking at? Fossa are playing in the junior next weekend, will he miss that too or is it only a game in the senior champ he misses?

Next Senior championship match at a minimum. Video evidence is pretty damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

County Championship only.

1 match ban I'd imagine.

Brainless stuff but I suppose when you are being pulled for 60/70 mins every game it has to come out somewhere.

St Kierans will be gutted. 3 missed goal chances and an awful penalty. Only for Clifford to magic up a goal through a crowd of players.

Some very dubious calls from the referee as well. The Clifford free for EK to take the lead was a free out. No idea where he got the free in from.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    County Championship only.

1 match ban I'd imagine.

Brainless stuff but I suppose when you are being pulled for 60/70 mins every game it has to come out somewhere.

St Kierans will be gutted. 3 missed goal chances and an awful penalty. Only for Clifford to magic up a goal through a crowd of players.

Some very dubious calls from the referee as well. The Clifford free for EK to take the lead was a free out. No idea where he got the free in from.

Same referee as the Stacks & Crokes game last Friday. Two uninspiring performances.

The quality of the streaming service is very poor, yesterday it was a right disaster watching the Mid Kerry game, its not good enough to be charging people for a service and then the service is poor

I watched the two minor hurling semi finals on Facebook provided by Full Time Productions for free and the picture quality was far better then company the county board are using to stream the football games

Saw the clip of the Clifford red card there on twitter, no hope that's being overturned

• Advertisement

Saw the clip of the Clifford red card there on twitter, no hope that's being overturned

Yeah, no getting out of that one. Couldnt even complain if it was increased. Looked very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

The quality of the streaming service is very poor, yesterday it was a right disaster watching the Mid Kerry game, its not good enough to be charging people for a service and then the service is poor

I watched the two minor hurling semi finals on Facebook provided by Full Time Productions for free and the picture quality was far better then company the county board are using to stream the football games

Like many things with the county board i'm told they went with the cheapest company to do it. Shamrock Rovers refuned people over the stream of their last game not working. Will the county board do the same? :rolleyes:

cms88 wrote: »
    Like many things with the county board i'm told they went with the cheapest company to do it. Shamrock Rovers refuned people over the stream of their last game not working. Will the county board do the same? :rolleyes:

Leona Twiss gave an interview to the Killarney Advertiser saying that they spent a lot of money on an upgraded service. When it all went to shìt they blamed the company they used in a tweet and tweeted a video with the end of the game saying, just watch the closing stages now. Lol. I'd say we will have some hope of a refund.

cms88 wrote: »

Leona Twiss gave an interview to the Killarney Advertiser saying that they spent a lot of money on an upgraded service. When it all went to shìt they blamed the company they used in a tweet and tweeted a video with the end of the game saying, just watch the closing stages now. Lol. I'd say we will have some hope of a refund.

Semi Final Draw

St Brendan's vs East Kerry
    Dr Crokes v Mid Kerry

Games on weekend of 12th & 13th

Interesting to see how EK go without Clifford

Same As wrote: »
    Semi Final Draw

St Brendan's vs East Kerry
    Dr Crokes v Mid Kerry

Games on weekend of 12th & 13th

Tim Murphy said that one game might be on live on TV

He also said the stream going down yesterday was due to a fault in a European server

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Fairly comfortable win for Causeway against Ballyduff, and Kilmoyley were ultimately too strong for Abbeydorney. Also an intriguing intermediate final in prospect between Parnells and Crokes - would the Tralee side decide to go senior if they won the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Fairly comfortable win for Causeway against Ballyduff, and Kilmoyley were ultimately too strong for Abbeydorney. Also an intriguing intermediate final in prospect between Parnells and Crokes - would the Tralee side decide to go senior if they won the final?

No chance Parnells would go senior so soon , they would be ate alive! Of course everyone wants them playing senior eventually but it won’t happen for another few years.
    Has a composite team ever been considered for the senior hurling championship? Parnells/Kilgarvan/Crokes/Kenmare etc
    Ballyduff were always going to struggle with an unfit Mikey Boyle due to injury(plus the other injuries). Jason Diggins is some hurler from Causeway, would make any inter county panel in the country. As a back he doesn’t get the recognition the likes of Shane Conway does because he’s a forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

She was on Twitter over the weekend saying how there's no need for nasty comments etc from people saying how county board want it work more than anyone. No sorry about it or anything, when people paied for somethign they didn't actually get.

Advertisement