Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Killian has been awful in the league for the years now - Jack shouldnt even bother calling him until 2 weeks before the final, then get him and he'll run amok. Here's to more of the same on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Let's hope so. He has football breeding going back generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah Begley is All Star quality, no harm there

I guess Begley will be brought on to tag Dub sub, whether it's Kilkenny, Paddy Small etc.

For all we know though, Jack might decide to start him. He was injured at start of season but is fit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Murphy has been fantastic for kick outs all year so hard to see Jack making a change. I just hope that if Murphy is struggling defensively that he makes the change sooner rather than later. Great to have 2 quality defenders on the bench in O Beaglaoich and Breen.

Been reading a lot from Dublin social media. They think Kilkenny will start over Scully, it’s Morley that’s always picked him up for us isn’t it? They also think Gannon will go on Paudie and Murchan on Geaney which I’d both be happy with. It will stop Gannon going forward on the wing and Geaney not a bad man to get a few marks against a smaller man also. Overall I think the Dublin defence isn’t actually that good and think they can be exposed big time.

• Advertisement

I think Kilkenny will start to draw Morley out of position. It doesn't matter, we have to rely on our backs to defend one on one anyway.

Does anyone know how Paddy Tally combines lecturing in Belfast with coaching in Kerry? It's nearly a 5 hour drive.

Does he have an afternoon off and drive down for one session a week maybe?

Then in the summer he has more time off.

He has kids also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

think our subs bench is quite strong... beaglaioch, spillane x 2, breen and barry dan/m burns.. id be happy enuf with it.. and i think its stronger than dublins who have kilkenny and mccaffrey and maybe Bugler the other lads wouldnt strike much fear into any opposition really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

I’m the same way of thinking.

I’d like to see what Donal Downs could do with a few minutes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Any recommendations for pubs in Dublin to watch the match this Sunday for Kerry Supporters? Will be staying away from the big sports bars and looking for more of a pub atmosphere (bringing parents)

Maybe Brannigans just off O'Connell st. The Palace Bar, Mulligan's, Boars Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The Oval in Abbey street or O'Shea's hotel in Talbot Street, it owned by the Owner of the Merchant on the quays. There will be a few Kerry people watching it there

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

O Sheas not open to public anymore afaik. Briodys on Marlborough St another good GAA pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Another vote for Brannigans here. A good Kerry pub

Was only in there two days ago. West Ham Supporters Club in there also of all teams. Not that much GAA memorabilia on the walls in comparison to Briodys which is covered in Dublin v Kerry pictures. Pipers Corner the old Sean O Caseys on corner of Marlborough St and Sackville Place had a lot of Kerry stuff in the pub. Throw in the Confession Box and you've four good boozers there within 5 min walk of each other.

Yeah, you're spoilt for choice in that little area. The Flowing Tide too. Loads of GAA stuff all over the walls. Nice little spot since they've done it up.

The Confession Box used to have cheapest Guinness in the city center before COVID.

I'm pretty certain Brannigans is a traditional meeting spot for Kerry supporters. Used to be called "The Goalpost". I'm open to correction.

That part of town has been in the news recently for violent assaults, so be careful but really it's no more dangerous than usual. Just use common sense.

I think the media have exaggerated it cos there's nothing else to talk about.

The girls running the Confession Box set up as baristas during covid selling all sorts of coffee out of a hatch in the window. Still do it now. Lovely little pub.

Yes Brannigans used to be the Goalpost. Was Moores before that. Always a GAA pub but these days its mostly used by tourists during the day and for food more than drink. Will probably drop in tomorrow before the game.

I think there's an East Kerry connection to Brannigans. It'll be packed tomorrow before the game with people from Killarney, Glenflesk, Rathmore, Gneeveguilla etc etc. Always well looked after in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

I brought my parents to Toddy’s bar in the Gresham years ago and they really enjoyed it.

Got comfy seats in front of the TV and still a decent Kerry crowd there for the game.

Brilliant, thanks all for the great suggestions. Just picked them up from the train and they’re mad excited. No luck with tickets so hopefully should be a good day out regardless with the above places

• Advertisement

You could get lucky with tickets if you ask around the pubs. Don't be shy.

Often people are holding a ticket for someone and for whatever reason they don't need it.

Alternatively try social media or the various forums.

Tickets starting to surface now. This morning I've got my hands on 1 Hogan and 2 Nally tickets. Already gone before anyone asks. So there will definitely be a few floating around before throw in tomorrow.

Great to know, might do a bit of a crawl of the places to ask around. Had been sitting on Ticketmaster for the last two days but no sign of them there this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Louise Ní Mhuircheartaigh is some player for the ladies team. Outstanding again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

She must be playing 20 years great player, hopefully the lads can do it today and we can really get behind the woman than.

Sean bugler was down outside McGraths at 3pm smashing a burger in his face so that's one kerry worry gone from the dublin bench

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Dublin deserved winners.

Clifford forced it too often and had a rare bad day.

Jack got a-lot wrong. As I thought, Howard was immense and the decision not to start Spillane on him was madness. Stephen O Brien was average as he nearly always is when he starts games. Dara Moynihan was poor also and should have been hooked off at half time. Another poor decision by Jack and his team.

Silly mistake from Gavin White for the goal.

Still, well done to the Kerry team. Getting to another final and getting close to another win. Couldn’t fault their effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No complaints. Better team won. Apart from that Tyrone game, it's been a fairly poor season. Badly new a few half forwards to step up and take the pressure off the 2 boys

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Well that was a great chance thrown away. Very disappointed with that. Such a mixed bag of a performance. We performed well in those areas that we were worried about beforehand but those chances we missed and those moments of sloppiness just killed us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Well done to Dublin but I'm just completely gutted. Feel so sorry for our boys and feel so sorry for David who would have really wanted to honour his mum with this one. We rarely seem to win when our super stars are captains. Daragh in 2002, Gooch [was it 2011?] and now David in 2023.😔

Advertisement