Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'm on android with no issues on the app or webrowser .. How are you logging in? I'm using the app from Google play is there a reason your not using it?

Im using the app

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

neris wrote: »
    Im using the app

Had a look on the play store review a guy on has similar problems to you... Try unistall it... I found logging in using the Chrome web browser on my phone to be as good as the app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Could anyone help with my query. I had about €3.50 in my Degiro account and deposited €1,500. I then looked at my Degiro balance and it said I had €1499.93.

Do Degiro charge fees for deposits??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Could anyone help with my query. I had about €3.50 in my Degiro account and deposited €1,500. I then looked at my Degiro balance and it said I had €1499.93.

No its due to negative rates. However it is compensated and can be withdrawn (scroll down the app in the portfolio tab or alternatively go to withdraw)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Did you purchase shares or ETF in the last month?, same happened me last month I was charged a small fee on the last day of the month. It could be that?

• Advertisement

Ixlandia wrote: »
    Did you purchase shares or ETF in the last month?, same happened me last month I was charged a small fee on the last day of the month. It could be that?

Are you sure you're not talking about an exchange connection fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

As someone else said, if you leave the money in DeGiro it's put in a fund which can lose value but it's compensated if you have under 3k in your account I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Degiro charg all their annual connection fees on April 1st, sounds like one of them coincided with the deposit. I got charged 2.50 for having shares on Frankfurt exchange for example.

Go to Activity --> Account Statement and it'll show you what you were charged for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

That's all..looks like a combination of €2.50 annual fee and €0.07 negative interest rate.

Has anyone found a way of tracking their portfolio performance over time?

I'd love to be able to see a chart over time of performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way of tracking their portfolio performance over time?

I'd love to be able to see a chart over time of performance.

I have it all tracked in google sheets.
    Between different trading accounts and crypto google sheets is the only way I found to track all of them with any accuracy.

cc87 wrote: »
    I have it all tracked in google sheets.
    Between different trading accounts and crypto google sheets is the only way I found to track all of them with any accuracy.

How do you track it in google sheets? You do a manual entry of the share price x number of shares every day?

Have a look at Wallmine

How do you track it in google sheets? You do a manual entry of the share price x number of shares every day?

I have a record of what shares I’ve bought and the share price gets pulled in automatically through a function.

My portfolio value gets recorded automatically at the end of each day then
    I can share a version of it if you want

Have a look at Wallmine

In the connect to brokerage bit? Degiro not listed :(

I have a record of what shares I’ve bought and the share price gets pulled in automatically through a function.

My portfolio value gets recorded automatically at the end of each day then
    I can share a version of it if you want

Yes that sounds brilliant!

In the connect to brokerage bit? Degiro not listed :(
    I just manually put the transactions in, tracks them from there.

Yes that sounds brilliant!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gi6kOn2pAS9UIlvtN0oUGxPhumiqYJ-t3YYSeV_DMAE/edit?usp=sharing

It's a bit messy at the moment, been slowly building it over the last 5 or 6 months. Really need to start from scratch and make a cleaner version of it now.

I have a small guide in there on the first tab.

Stock info is largely pulled from google finance.
    Crypto is a mixture of google finance, scraping from yahoo finance and cryptocompare.com for the lesser known ones.

There's a small bit of coding in the background that auto-records the portfolio value and your equity to the portfolio value tab at the end of each day. This needs to be authorised to run. If you make a copy of the sheet and authorise it there is probably best.

To authorise it, if you click the record value tab on the top menu next to help it should ask to authorise.

Also, I live in the UK so any currency conversion is set up for GBP/GBX. You'll have to change it to EUR for euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Crypto exposure on degiro.
    Is it possible to invest in crypto on degiro. I am looking at something that can be traded as stocks or US based ETF?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

bish76 wrote: »
    Crypto exposure on degiro.
    Is it possible to invest in crypto on degiro. I am looking at something that can be traded as stocks or US based ETF?

There is a Bitcoin ETPs based in Switzerland which is available on DEGIRO. If my memory serves well, maintenance fees rather high though.

The are ETFs in Canada, but not on DEGIRO due to UCITS.

No such product in the US (but anyway it wouldn’t be on DEGIRO for the same reasons). The best you can do is to buy shares in a company which owns crypto, such as Microstrategy. But if what you want to actual crypto I would stay way from this as they are just an imperfect proxy.

If you want a broader investment, IMO Galaxy is a good business related to crypto which also owns quite a lot of actual crypto as well as private equity in other promising crypto-businesses. Listed in Canada and available on DEGIRO.

• Advertisement

I sent money to flatex on Friday and it's still not in my account. Showing as sent from the bank yesterday. Guessing due to bank holidays it'll be in tomorrow?

Anyone recommend a faster way of getting funds into the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I sent money to flatex on Friday and it's still not in my account. Showing as sent from the bank yesterday. Guessing due to bank holidays it'll be in tomorrow?

Anyone recommend a faster way of getting funds into the account?

Friday and Monday were bank holidays. You may have clicked the buttons on Friday (or even Thursday night), but it won't get kicked off until the next business day which was today. After that, while Degiro says it may take 2-3 business days, I've often had it within 1 business day (I'm with AIB), so it may be there tomorrow. If not, it should be there by Thursday.

As for a faster way? Unfortunately, there isn't. SEPA is the only way to transfer money. Look on the bright side, 15 years ago, depending on which bank you were with, you would probably have been waiting until next week and you would probably have been charged for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Baltimore Raven

Hi lads

I'm a novice at this, bought aib last year on degiro and have done well with it, tried selling yesterday and would only let me sell so many shares, I've been trying to sell the rest since and it won't let me
    A message appears
    Product unavailable. This could be due to
    Regulatory reasons, current profile or internal decision

Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi lads

I'm a novice at this, bought aib last year on degiro and have done well with it, tried selling yesterday and would only let me sell so many shares, I've been trying to sell the rest since and it won't let me
    A message appears
    Product unavailable. This could be due to
    Regulatory reasons, current profile or internal decision

Please help

I have had the exact same message trying to *buy* stocks which they had decided to delist from their platform, but never while trying to sell a stock!

I think your only port of call here is to contact customer service and ask them to look into why you aren't able to sell your shares.

While I have been a supporter of DEGIRO in the past for their decent price and service, this type of problem with them refusing to facilitate trades seems to be a recurring theme since December (for exemple an increasing number of UK investment are being blocked on DEGIRO). To me this is a sign that it might be time to move on to another broker.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I have the exact same message trying to *buy* stocks which they had decided to delist demo their platform, but never while trying to sell a stock!

I think your only port of call here is to contact customer service and ask to look into why you aren't able to sell your shares.

While I have been a supporter of DEGIRO in the past for their decent price and service, this type of problem with them refusing to facilitate trades seems to be a recurring theme since December (for exemple an increasing number of UK investment are being blocked on DEGIRO). To me this is a sign that it might be time to move on to another broker.

In fairness I got a reply within an hour but after a few emails they can see nothing their side so have advised I email a sell request !!
    Very poor customer service, it's kind of worrying

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gi6kOn2pAS9UIlvtN0oUGxPhumiqYJ-t3YYSeV_DMAE/edit?usp=sharing

It's a bit messy at the moment, been slowly building it over the last 5 or 6 months. Really need to start from scratch and make a cleaner version of it now.

I have a small guide in there on the first tab.

Stock info is largely pulled from google finance.
    Crypto is a mixture of google finance, scraping from yahoo finance and cryptocompare.com for the lesser known ones.

There's a small bit of coding in the background that auto-records the portfolio value and your equity to the portfolio value tab at the end of each day. This needs to be authorised to run. If you make a copy of the sheet and authorise it there is probably best.

To authorise it, if you click the record value tab on the top menu next to help it should ask to authorise.

Also, I live in the UK so any currency conversion is set up for GBP/GBX. You'll have to change it to EUR for euro.

Thanks for this. Very slick piece of work.

Have you been able to get any Irish share prices into it? Struggling to get CRH's Dublin listing to show up. Could be me looking in the wrong place but said I'd ask

Thanks for this. Very slick piece of work.

Have you been able to get any Irish share prices into it? Struggling to get CRH's Dublin listing to show up. Could be me looking in the wrong place but said I'd ask

ISEQ isn’t available through Google’s own function
    https://www.google.com/googlefinance/disclaimer/#!%23realtime

I’ll see about the best way to add them in. Shouldn’t be difficult just have to find the right place to scrape them from.

ISEQ isn’t available through Google’s own function
    https://www.google.com/googlefinance/disclaimer/#!%23realtime

I’ll see about the best way to add them in. Shouldn’t be difficult just have to find the right place to scrape them from.

It's for that reason I never bothered with Google, have always used Yahoo finance you can export your holding in an excel sheet and do a vlookup. Probably more efficient ways but I'm too stuck in my old ways of doing it

In fairness I got a reply within an hour but after a few emails they can see nothing their side so have advised I email a sell request !!
    Very poor customer service, it's kind of worrying

Thanks for your reply

I deposited more money a few days ago but I'm very wary of them after this episode

When dealing with peoples money they have to be on the ball,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

DEGIRO are switching from a Morgan Stanley MMF to this new German merger cash/current account. I’ve been going through the form but the various links to terms and conditions don’t actually work. I get that there going to “sell” and transfer the fund value into this cash account, presumably your not going to make a profit.

Anyway when I read the terms summary on the form and I see things like “I acknowledge that I have taken note of the “price list” “, and the link isn’t working I get a little cautious.

When I see this level of tediousness I wonder how come T212 is so easy to negotiate in comparison.

Advertisement