Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

quintana76 wrote: »
    Bet it we will be pre recorded an hour or so beforehand. Otherwise a leftie or an ill informed audience. Actually on reflection is there any difference between the two.

I reckon it will be just like the Hillary Clinton interview pre recorded with pre recorded approved qestions with no tough questions asked or like you said a happy clappy approved leftie audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

You know well enough the questions that a lot of people want asked won’t be asked.

Do you have a Crystal Ball? Even it tubs asked him 'ARE YOU A TERRORIST' many of you folks still wouldn't be happy.

Whatever he says or does, won't be enough for seemingly most of the people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I would love someone to run on stage and try to ask the actual questions that need to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

givyjoe wrote: »
    Do you have a Crystal Ball?

Sorry, I presumed you had seen the LLS before.

I would love someone to run on stage and try to ask the actual questions that need to be asked.

What questions NEED to be asked? It's still not really clear what many of you are trying to 'prove' or uncover?

Honestly what does it matter of why he went there when he did, why he went to the rally, why he spoke at it, why he doesn't look like he was tortured.. what does it matter, if ultimately he didn't commit any crime and isn't you know.. a terrorist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Unfortunately they will most likely be hauled away by the security but anyone who attempted it would certainly get my permanent respect.

Sorry, I presumed you had seen the LLS before.

If you seem to be so sure about won't be asked, please, by all means give us some more detailed insight into what WILL be asked.

Anyway, it's The Late Late Show, hosted by Ryan Tubridy..not Newsnight with Jeremy Paxman :rolleyes:

What questions NEED to be asked? It's still not really clear what many of you are trying to 'prove' or uncover?

Honestly what does it matter of why he went there when he did, why he went to the rally, why he spoke at it, why he doesn't look like he was tortured.. what does it matter, if ultimately he didn't commit any crime and isn't you know.. a terrorist.

I really hope I've missed the joke here.

If you seem to be so sure about won't be asked, please, by all means give us some more detailed insight into what WILL be asked.

Anyway, it's The Late Late Show, hosted by Ryan Tubridy..not Newsnight with Jeremy Paxman :rolleyes:

He will be asked how it felt to miss out on the dubs winning the all Ireland a few times. 100%.

I really hope I've missed the joke here.

Take a look at the oul mirror, you might see the punchline.
    He will be asked how it felt to miss out on the dubs winning the all Ireland a few times. 100%.
    Right, so that's 1 light hearted question. Anything else for what will be prob be a 10 to 15 minute interview?

You made a snipe about me obviously not having seen the show, yet you seem to expect some hard hitting investigative journalism type interview.. from The Late Late Show...

• Advertisement

Take a look at the oul mirror, you might see the punchline.

Right, so that's 1 light hearted question. Anything else for what will be prob be a 10 to 15 minute interview?

You made a snipe about me obviously not having seen the show, yet you seem to expect some hard hitting investigative journalism type interview.. from The Late Late Show...

You appear to have me mixed up with another poster.

You appear to have me mixed up with another poster.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mutant z wrote: »
    I reckon it will be just like the Hillary Clinton interview pre recorded with pre recorded approved qestions with no tough questions asked or like you said a happy clappy approved leftie audience.
    Her appearance on Graham Norton was embarrassing.

Nope.

Unfortunately you have, I didn't mention you never having seen the lls.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

It will all about his leaving cert, the GAA. All of the issues the PR agencies behind the campaign told them to emphasise. Never mention his name without linking something Irish to it.
    Wonder did the cowardly Government cave in (as they usually do) about the sisters 'husbands'?
    They should be brought on as well. To make it a true vomit fest they may also bring on Sister Zappone of the bearded children.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

On the New York attack and the whole shouting of Allahu Akbar in Dublin Airport

...Witnesses reported the suspect was yelling "Allahu Akbar," according to four law enforcement sources. The FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force is taking over the lead of the investigation."

And yet there are those that would deny that the same cry used here recently carries any ideological payload whatsoever.

Or supporting the MB etc etc

Nothing to see here - move along :rolleyes:

On a side note like some of the other incidents that the guy involved doesn't appear to be on any watch list ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

gozunda wrote: »
    On the New York attack and the whole shouting of Allahu Akbar in Dublin Airport

And yet there are those that would deny that the same cry used here recently carries any ideological payload whatsoever.

It is of note that the guy involved doesn't appear to be on any watch list ...

Some guy on this thread was claiming that he casually shouts it at a variety of European airports regularly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Just so we are clear , This is flat out lies right ? untrue made up BS lies ?

"According to Somaia, the teenager's hand is now severely deformed with a 'finger bent out of place' and 'a lot of scarring'. However, luckily Ibrahim was put into a cell with a doctor, who was also arrested and has helped him to prevent infection."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-teen-deformed-as-bullet-wound-left-untreated-in-prison-30319665.html

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/24322 (Not considered a reliable source )

http://www.herald.ie/news/ibrahims-mother-rushes-to-visit-him-in-jail-over-health-fears-31284456.html

Unfortunately you have, I didn't mention you never having seen the lls.

On that specific point, I seem to have. Not the others, starting from your suggestion of rushing the stage to 'ask the questions that need to be asked'

RTÉ don’t do tough interviews. Tubridy is the lefty, liberal, can’t stop taking about Trump stereotype personified. If he had Bin Laden on he would be asking him if they could keep up with Fair City when they were hunkered down in Tora Bora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

quintana76 wrote: »
    It will all about his leaving cert, the GAA. All of the issues the PR agencies behind the campaign told them to emphasise. Never mention his name without linking something Irish to it.
    Wonder did the cowardly Government cave in (as they usually do) about the sisters 'husbands'?
    They should be brought on as well. To make it a true vomit fest they may also bring on Sister Zappone of the bearded children.

I am expecting a medal and freedom of Dublin to be given to the family :rolleyes:

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Just so we are clear , This is flat out lies right ? untrue made up BS lies ?

"According to Somaia, the teenager's hand is now severely deformed with a 'finger bent out of place' and 'a lot of scarring'. However, luckily Ibrahim was put into a cell with a doctor, who was also arrested and has helped him to prevent infection."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-teen-deformed-as-bullet-wound-left-untreated-in-prison-30319665.html

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/24322 (Not considered a reliable source )

http://www.herald.ie/news/ibrahims-mother-rushes-to-visit-him-in-jail-over-health-fears-31284456.html

I think there are some questions over this story. Anyone know which hand said wounds / deformity was supposed to be on?

271755_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

ibrahim-halawa-dublin-airport-arrival-011117.jpg

If you will excuse my terminology- blowing the images up reveals nothing not even "extensive scarring" :confused:

RTÉ don’t do tough interviews. Tubridy is the lefty, liberal, can’t stop taking about Trump stereotype personified. If he had Bin Laden on he would be asking him if they could keep up with Fair City when they were hunkered down in Tora Bora.

Interesting that you used Bin Laden as a reference point.

What do you actually think will be 'uncovered' by asking the 'hard' questions that won't be asked on the Late Late show? What is it, that you think this guy is?

What do you actually think will be 'uncovered' by asking the 'hard' questions that won't be asked on the Late Late show? What is it, that you think this guy is?

A terrorist sympathiser at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Wouldn't have the knowledge to ask pertinent questions on the subjects anyway unless it was to do with JFK or Trump.

A terrorist sympathiser at the very least.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I would also love to see you rush the stage and ask those questions, but for different reasons.

Very little of the Halawas story pans out when the evidence is looked at. eg video evidence of the siblings on stage at the MB ran protests, clear evidence that they spent condiderable time attending such protests, contemporary Islamist type mutterings from several captured on their Social Media etc etc. The MB are a proscribed terrorist organisation in many countries. The Halawas showed evident support and sympathy for the MB. Therefore it is not unreasonable to say they were in fact were sympathisers

And yet the stories fed to the press will be treated as truth without question. It's like some people are wearing blinkers, can see nothing but don't wish to see anything either.

Why is that - political correctness gone daft? Or a wish that the truth stays buried and unquestioned...

This is why posters here have serious issues and concerns with MMS and the soft glove treatment being metted out ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

First Up wrote: »
    Words I have never used.

The only people libelled in this thread are the Halawas.

their lawyers must be preparing affidavits as we speak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

their lawyers must be preparing affidavits as we speak...

How come boards hasn't cleaned up and locked the thread then?

• Advertisement

It’s not interesting at all. It’s an extreme example, hyperbole, you do know he’s dead and probably never watched Fair City anyway?

I don’t think he’s anything or that anything needs to be ‘uncovered’
    There are a lot of people that do want questions answered. There are a lot of claims on both sides that would be welcomed in clearing up. My problem is the shutting down of people that are asking the questions.

If he just went there on holiday and accidentally wound up on stage, wouldn’t it be better for everyone if he cleared that up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement