Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First Up wrote: »
    Its hear hear by the way.

The kid got himself into a bad situation and paid a high price for it. He deserves sympathy, not demonisation. The attempts to label him as a terrorist or similar fully deserve to be mocked.

The "kid" chose to get himself into a bad situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

So, what do you mean.. fully grown man :rolleyes:? He didn't choose to get himself locked up for 4 years without having, you know, committed a crime. Seems necessary to remind people of this in between all the barmy conspiracy theories and bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

givyjoe wrote: »
    So, what do you mean.. fully grown man :rolleyes:? He didn't choose to get himself locked up for 4 years without having, you know, committed a crime. Seems necessary to remind people of this in between all the barmy conspiracy theories and bitterness.

No, but he and his sisters knowingly and unnecessarily put themselves into a very dangerous situation. They should be feeling a bit shamefaced about the trouble and expense they have put the Irish Government, Civil Service and tax payers to. But there is no evidence of that.

No, but he and his sisters knowingly and unnecessarily put themselves into a very dangerous situation. They should be feeling a bit shamefaced about the trouble and expense they have put the Irish Government, Civil Service and tax payers to. But there is no evidence of that.

How exactly was he in danger? The only danger he seemed to be in was from over zealous authorities looking to stamp out protests, and then lock people up without charge.

Again on danger, I keep reading posts from folks doubting his poor treatment in prison and how he doesn't like someone who was tortured etc. If you were to believe these folks, then he really wasn't in any danger at all. Can't have it both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

How exactly was he in danger? The only danger he seemed to be in was from over zealous authorities looking to stamp out protests, and then lock people up without charge.

Again on danger, I keep reading posts from folks doubting his poor treatment in prison and how he doesn't like someone who was tortured etc. If you were to believe these folks, then he really wasn't in any danger at all. Can't have it both ways.

There was a government warning not to travel to Egypt at the time. I doubt if they dish out those warnings lightly.

Not only did the Halawas ignore the warning and travel anyway, they got into the thick of the action once they were there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Don't we all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Don't we all

Not really the same though is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Don't we all

Not really, not to the extent he went to.
    Don't know one person that went to his family's extent.
    We all do stupid stuff, but.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

It is. How many of them there is could be another matter.

Indeed
    Yet no effort to identify much less quantify, Why bother when generalisations rather than specifics are so much easier to hide behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

pablo128 wrote: »
    There was a government warning not to travel to Egypt at the time. I doubt if they dish out those warnings lightly.

Not only did the Halawas ignore the warning and travel anyway, they got into the thick of the action once they were there.

This is what the Halawas went to Egypt to support ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/stanley-weiss/in-egypt-seeing-the-musli_b_6786356.html?ncid=engmodushpmg00000006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Indeed Yet no effort to identify much less quantify, Why bother when generalisations rather than specifics are so much easier to hide behind.

So are internet user names.

pablo128 wrote: »

Again, what was he in danger of? I'm fairly sure the travel warning wasn't in anticipation of the Egyptians rounding people up and locking them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Says your man/woman/collective* using their real name...Jeez, the hypocrisy is strong in this one.

These user names make it all the easier to avoid libelling people when you identify all these racist and/or bigots with their "real reasons" for posting in this thread.
    Or you can continue to obfuscate, avoiding the core issue most of us have with this kid, his family and their "cause".

"but...but...racists and bigots" doesn't really butter the parsnips.

*don't really care TBH

"but...but...racists and bigots" doesn't really butter the parsnips.

Words I have never used.

The only people libelled in this thread are the Halawas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah you don’t get to use that one unless the Up family called their kid First.

Yeah you don’t get to use that one unless the Up family called their kid First.

Ah but there is just one of me.

Quelle surprise

Ibrahim Halawa will reveal all on four-year imprisonment in Egypt on Friday's Late Late Show

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/ibrahim-halawa-will-reveal-all-on-fouryear-imprisonment-in-egypt-on-fridays-late-late-show-36280049.html

Reveal all I doubt it. No mention of the MB most likely.

cisk wrote: »

Most here should be delighted with that, should then be able to get the answers they so desperately crave.

Most here should be delighted with that, should then be able to get the answers they so desperately crave.

You know well enough the questions that a lot of people want asked won’t be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    All the the while an elected official in Zappone standing there smiling and waving like an utter fool. Ironic thing is it will be those same people shouting Allah Akbar that won't be giving her the time of day if they have their way.

Since Zappone was in New York last night, I wonder if she visited any of the families of those who were massacred by the terrorist shouting Allah Akbar after mowing down innocent civilians in the city yesterday, or maybe she would consider visiting the injured in local hospital to try and make amends for her abhorrent actions at Dublin airport.

Zappone was in New York last night to tell the United Nations how great she was in bringing in migrants from the jungle camp in Calais ... with her announcement that more were on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Kivaro wrote: »
    Since Zappone was in New York last night, I wonder if she visited any of the families of those who were massacred by the terrorist shouting Allah Akbar after mowing down innocent civilians in the city yesterday, or maybe she would consider visiting the injured in local hospital to try and make amends for her abhorrent actions at Dublin airport.

Zappone was in New York last night to tell the United Nations how great she was in bringing in migrants from the jungle camp in Calais ... with her announcement that more were on the way.

What abhorrent action did she do? I must have missed that.

I see Halawa is to be on the Late Late. I'm glad the guy finally got his trial but I have absolutely no interest in seeing Ryan Tubridy fawn on him for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Great chance for the national broadcaster to put a few pertinent questions to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great chance for the national broadcaster to put a few pertinent questions to him...

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. Nice soft line of questioning, nothing controversial and loads of ''so yer just a real Dub lad at heart aren't ya Ibrahim'' that Tubs usually butters guests up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hahahahahahahahaha. He will be treated like a hero, it is embarrassing.

My money is on him saying a cúpla focal to a beaming and clapping Tubridy followed by “So you missed 4 All Irelands when you were locked up”

It will be a puke fest.

Yep. As I said previously in this thread the way it's going wouldn't be surprised if the crowd give him a standing ovation and start chanting alla Akbar when he comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

My money is on him saying a cúpla focal to a beaming and clapping Tubridy followed by “So you missed 4 All Irelands when you were locked up”

It will be a puke fest.

What a surprise he is to appear on the LLS :rolleyes:

Still - maybe everyone in the audience will all be given a free "get out of jail card"? ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

On the LLS on friday how very predictable will Tubs ask him the hard questions not bloody likely.

Yep. As I said previously in this thread the way it's going wouldn't be surprised if the crowd give him a standing ovation and start chanting alla Akbar when he comes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Bet it we will be pre recorded an hour or so beforehand. Otherwise a leftie or an ill informed audience. Actually on reflection is there any difference between the two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement