Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I had to laugh at Joanna's comments about the dogs to Elizabeth: "This is me (small red setter to match her skirt) and that's you" (big bouncy white dog to match Elizabeth's white dress.

At least I think she was referring to the way they were dressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

Who is the fav to be in the CBB house in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

In other news, hubs was ogling Joanna’s body last night. Very curvaceous! (in the true sense)

robwen wrote: »

Sajan was very jazz handsy on You’re Fired. My money is on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Harrison maybe. I could see the CBB producers chasing Elizabeth but I don't think that would be her type of thing.

• Advertisement

_Dara_ wrote: »
    In other news, hubs was ogling Joanna’s body last night. Very curvaceous! (in the true sense)

Her in her bikini in the hot tub was a huge contrast to Bushra's clothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Sajan was clearly in it for the fame but he's not at all memorable or stand-out so he'll be well down their list I'd imagine. Probably a back-up option

Andrew would be my best bet, clearly keen and likely to generate controversy.

As above, I'm sure Elizabeth would be their number 1 but I imagine she'd decline.

Aside from her, Harrison and Michaela will probably be the most memorable from the series (aside from whoever the winner is) so they may well be approached. Harrison seems level-headed enough so I'm not fully sure he'll chase the fame route like Andrew and Sajan, for example.

Assume Apprentice candidates would get a relative pittance compared to the has-been rappers, popstars, footballers, MPs etc. they generally have on every series, though? It'll has the potential to pretty much finish them as actual credible Business people (depending on industry of course) so it'd hardly be worth it, for the sake of a few weeks at the mercy of the tabloids unless they were forking in a bomb of money, relatively speaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

People paying £125 for their small gardens to be de-dog poo'd seems an obscene over payment.

Can only imagine the amount of people that were inspired to go knocking on doors with their scooper and bag based on that.

Although you'd have to think the only reason people paid that amount was the show off element of being on TV.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

jr86 wrote: »
    The other one was Mark Wright's series - with 20 contestants as you mentioned. Can't remember names, i remember sugar rang the house afterwards.

The above was on Joseph's series with 18 contestants. Elle was fired before final boardroom. David was only one who survived final boardroom so sugar didn't need ring the house

Ah yes, now I remember! Yeah, she was so useless they decided it wasn't even necessary to bring her in.

Talking about contestants only being in it for the fame, here's a deluded little article about Andrew. He seems to not fully understand what the show was actually about, and thinks that he brought a lot more to the show than he actually did. There's no big 'character' this year but if anyone then it's surely Elizabeth.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Twitter is usually very good after The Apprentice airs. Last night was no exception, this was my favourite

https://twitter.com/SardaranCarol/status/933444909591416835

:pac:

This was good too

https://twitter.com/georgiewilkie/status/933450437335887878

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I had to laugh at Joanna's comments about the dogs to Elizabeth: "This is me (small red setter to match her skirt) and that's you" (big bouncy white dog to match Elizabeth's white dress.

At least I think she was referring to the way they were dressed...

One dog was brown and one white?

_Dara_ wrote: »

Yeah...I had my own unexpected moment of realisation with Joanna this week when she wore that swimsuit in the hot tub. Visually, she is objectively very beautiful. Admittedly though, I might have gone from 'objective' to 'slightly interested' this week! Go easy on hubs, perhaps :pac:

Speaking of visuals. Anyone else notice an abundance of skin shots in every episode this season? When the contestants are in the house getting out of bed and dressed, it just seems like an excuse now to show lots of skin. As well as that, there are upshots all over the place now - Jade coming down the stairs in the house this week. Also, every time there was a shot of the girls getting out of the cab, it was an upshot from the ground.

I didn't notice so much 'sex' in previous seasons of the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, I just think that it is another sign the show is now a totally different beast to what it started out as.

Anyway, good episode this week. Elizabeth is becoming the outstanding candidate for me. She has made evident progress as the show has gone on and is quite competent when she's not trying to be a do-all control freak. On that front, I think she has eased off in the last few tasks, taking the criticism from her fellow candidates and Sugar on board. Not everyone can do that (ahem, Andrew).

The moment we saw who was being brought back into the boardroom, both myself and the OH looked at each other and said 'Triple firing?!'. Really, Sugar won't have a better opportunity in any series to get rid of a chunk of deadwood - Charles, Andrew and Anisa were arguably the worst 3 candidates left in this group (Bushra is next IMO) and with so many contestants left and so few weeks/tasks remaining, there was high chance for a cull. Never mind the double, I wasn't at all surprised when all 3 were cut. Only relieved.

While I wouldn't go as far as putting money on Elizabeth just yet, I'm finding it hard to see who else is really outstanding from the bunch. There's no one from the guys IMO. If I had to pick one at the moment, James, but unless he and Harrison up their game in the remaining episodes, I think this year's winner will deservedly be another woman.

Sure, as a group earlier on the girls were as mad as a bag of agitated scorpions, but any one of Elizabeth, Sarah, Jade and Michaela could win it now. Joanna, as someone else said in here, could be this season's dark horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'd give James a good chance. If his business idea is based on something similar to his current successful business I can't see him going too far wrong. The whole process means nothing if your business idea is crap, unlike the old version where you could pick the winner easily after a few weeks.

I'm getting a feeling for James too although I'm not gone in him one bit

He's beginning to get a much more prominent edit (he was fairly invisible till now in my eyes anyway) and it was very significant he didn't go last week. As losing PM and with 12 contestants left and 3 tasks to go it was a golden opportunity to get rid of him, if Sugar wasn't gone in him.

There still has to be a double elimination either next week or the week after. As said Bushra is surely one to go but the other 2 are unpredictable. There will likely be a shock of sorts somewhere.

Twitter is usually very good after The Apprentice airs. Last night was no exception, this was my favourite

https://twitter.com/SardaranCarol/status/933444909591416835

LOL. Looks like she’s being getting tips from Pippa Middleton’s party-planning book. (genuine sample tip from Pippa’s book: make ice for your party by putting water in an ice cube tray and putting it in the freezer)

Go easy on hubs, perhaps :pac:

Ha, yeah, I don't expect him to not notice a good bod on a woman just because he's married! He still has red blood flowing through his veins. :pac:
    I didn't notice so much 'sex' in previous seasons of the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, I just think that it is another sign the show is now a totally different beast to what it started out as.

I'm watching Series 1 on Youtube now and the difference is just staggering. In a way series 1 is much more dowdy but you know what? It is no less entertaining because of that. Firstly, as snobby as this sounds, series 1's contestants are on the whole just much more intelligent. I am astounded at how much more civilised the boardroom proceedings are. And they are more compelling because there is so much less talking over one another. Everyone is quite calm. And, yeah, there are ruthless contestants but they are just so much more measured.

On the tasks, they get much more into the business detail and the contestants display many more business skills and competence than in recent years. As for big characters, Saira was the irritant that year and she seems like a pussycat compared to some who came after her.

The Great British Bake Off showed that you can avoid most of the worst reality TV tropes and still be compelling. Series 1 of the Apprentice shows this too. The problem is that some of the Series 1 contestants got media careers afterwards, so the ears of attention-seekers countrywide probably pricked up at that.

I'd advise anyone here who hasn't seen the first series to watch it. It's up on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The "increase in skin" theory certainly held true for the opening telephone answering scene anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

This gets more cringe every week. No name on the box, such a basic error

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Watching it from behind the sofa.... as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Harika

Cringworthy at least. The positive annotation of crusader omg she should have suggested jihad instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Bushra has to go tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Harika

Haha that was really hard to lose and still managed it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The rewards are also getting worse!

God I love Elizabeth :pac: So happy she stayed!

Her business plan must be somewhat decent if he's kept her this long.

Fairly straightforward result and easy choice. All the deadwood has finally been cleared!

Two to go now next week, so set up nicely

He's got to keep Elizabeth till interviews now surely. I think after tonight it will be a straight shootout between Joanna, Jade and Harrison, with only one surviving - provided they are kept on the same team of course, and lose. Joanna probably the most likely goner

Sarah is safe as houses, probably Michaela too, while Elizabeth and James were kept on in recent weeks when multi-firings were on the cards so I'm guessing they've strong Business plans (Liz is talking a big game for sure!).

I'll give her one thing, she stood up to Alan with her sunflower comment when he was calling her a hogweed. His jokes are getting cringier and cringier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Nah, Sarah-Lynn was very lucky tonight, she didn't see that her brand name could be offensive to Muslims, she didn't plan out the presentation properly, and didn't see the ridiculous costumes as a terrible idea and allowed Elizabeth to do the presentation while trying to cook, and left James abandon his responsibility to do the presentation.
    A terrible project manager tonight altogether.

Harrison showed much better judgement with his presentation, and managed to form a decent pitch with a coherent message about making regular favourites but with healthier ingredients, despite the fact he forgot to put vegetables in the food.
    He failed to realise he should have kept Joanna and Jade separated, and was so obvious that Joanna would have been a better cook than Michayla.

Elizabeth has awful judgement, without exception, she will be fired next for sure.

They're all pretty poor this year, Sarah-Lynn was good up to tonight and just lost all credibility now so it's more likely James or Jade may end up as winner, and possibly Harrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I'll give her one thing, she stood up to Alan with her sunflower comment when he was calling her a hogweed. His jokes are getting cringier and cringier

She lost her temper at Alan Sugar at one point and tried to talk over him, she has absolutely no cop on whatsoever.

The Tinder chunder one was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Delighted Bushra is gone, she was total deadwood and was getting seriously annoying with her neutrality every single week.

Have to say that I can't stand Jade, she totally undermined and borderline bullied Joanna this week and it was so uncomfortable to watch.

Sarah or James to win for me.

Elizabeth I have a feeling will get torn apart in the interviews if she even makes it that far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement