Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Surely we'll have two going this week? James absolutely should have gone last week, although it could mean he has a good business plan lined up.

I think so, we're getting to the business end, there needs to be a boardroom bloodbath very soon. I cannot wait. :D Agreed, Seamus should have gone, he was dreadful. I also think Joanne got lucky in not being brought back, I think she'd have gone if she had been.

I love Sarah but her business is confectionery-based so I don't think she'll win. I have this notion that Suicre doesn't go for the same thing two years in a row. Not based on anything other than a hunch really.

I hate Karren Brady but she seems to have dialled down the bitchiness a smidge from her peak last series. She ain't no Margaret Mountford. :( I suspect the Beeb had a word with her. She's not even entertainingly bitchy, she just comes across sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I like Claude but I really liked Nick Hewer and his wonderful facial expressions 😊 He still has them on Countdown and people aren't even making terrible decisions (mostly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Anyone know what type of hair product James would be using to style his hair? It looks natural almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Enjoying this task. Elizabeth & Joanne did very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Poor show tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It's a massacre,a lot of deadwood gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is that the first time all three in the boardroom have been fired? :eek:

Is that the first time all three in the boardroom have been fired? :eek:

The third time.

Poor show tonight.

I can't really get interested in any of this year's contestants. There's no real characters.

The Apprentice You're Fired used to be funny when Dara O'Briain was on it. Now it's pretty shite. Yes, I still watch it, what of it?

• Advertisement

The Apprentice You're Fired used to be funny when Dara O'Briain was on it. Now it's pretty shite. Yes, I still watch it, what of it?

Good for the occasional laugh!

It Baffles me how someone like Brady in an influential role at West Ham looks at someone like David Moyes and goes, "yeah allright"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought it was a crap task this week. Picking up dog poo and selling doggie shampoos and the like. Struggled to hold my interest to be honest. The triple firing was just about the only interesting thing that happened.

No real characters in this year's bunch. Don't think I even have a favourite to win. They are all a bit meh.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Fantastic, triple whammy, just what we needed! When we found out which team lost I was really hoping Charles, Anisa and Andrew would all go, and so it came to be. Not so much obvious deadwood left apart from Bushra imo, I'd normally include Joanna in that but she seemed decent enough this week, apart from making it so obvious she had no experience with dogs. James isn't great either, he's lucky he got carried by a strong team.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

seligehgit wrote: »
    The third time.

I remember it happening a couple of years back when it started with twenty contestants, when else? I presume we're not including the interview stage when three normally go anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Brady's look of disdain at one of the teams attempts at cleaning up the dog poo.

As if that one has any experience at all at doing that particular task.

Hard to pick up **** with a silver spoon.

I remember it happening a couple of years back when it started with twenty contestants, when else? I presume we're not including the interview stage when three normally go anyway?

Can't recall,it was mentioned on You're Fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Elle Mergim April two years ago iirc

Finally- deadwood culled! Well overdue

As above, I would imagine James probably has a decent business plan as he survived last week

Could Joanne be the "grower" of this series?

Bushra is a goner when she's in boardroom next but any of other 7 could feasibly make interviews. He'll never bring 5 women you'd imagine

jr86 wrote: »
    Elle Mergim April two years ago iirc

That's the one I was referring to. They said three times on You're Fired but I think that's a mistake, I'm sure it's only been twice.

• Advertisement

That's the one I was referring to. They said three times on You're Fired but I think that's a mistake, I'm sure it's only been twice.

The other one was Mark Wright's series - with 20 contestants as you mentioned. Can't remember names, i remember sugar rang the house afterwards.

The above was on Joseph's series with 18 contestants. Elle was fired before final boardroom. David was only one who survived final boardroom so sugar didn't need ring the house

Stephen, sarah, Ella jade in Mark's series acc to Google

Andrew had to go. So unprofessional. There’s no excuse for it. And he’s 26, not that young. Anyone who joined the workforce after school has eight solid years of experience by that point and any college grads four years. He was also one of the worst for playing the blame game.

It was very obvious tonight which team was doing better once the contracts had been divvied out.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Andrew had to go. So unprofessional. There’s no excuse for it. And he’s 26, not that young. Anyone who joined the workforce after school has eight solid years of experience by that point and any college grads four years. He was also one of the worst for playing the blame game.

It was very obvious tonight which team was doing better once the contracts had been divvied out.

When Andrew said "im an engineer, I dont go to boardrooms" I was hoping Sugar would say. "You're in a boardroom now. Well, you were in a boardroom. Andrew, you're fired".

I mean how much of a numpty do you have to be to swear during a pitch.

Michaela, Jade, Sarah and Harrison look like the top four right now, but who knows.

Apparently Jade was riding James and both had partners outside.

Elizabeth and Joanna did well tonight. Well, apart from Joanna’s lack of enthusiasm losing them the spa. But they handled the pricing fuck up well and built trust from that.

Urgh, Bushra bitching at Elizabeth over them not winning the spa contract. Any excuse to have a go at Elizabeth. She seemed to just assume they lost out because of a mistake by Elizabeth, not Joanna. And what’s the point in grousing about it at that stage? Only one team can get each contract. Just get on with it. Which was exactly what Joanna and Elizabeth did.

We could not believe what homeowners were willing to pay for a bit of dog shit scoopage! :eek:

Reading my posts back, I think I might take this show too seriously, just a smidge. :P

Apparently Jade was riding James and both had partners outside.

And both have now lost said partners apparently haha. James was even engaged the clown. I mean how stupid are these people, throwing away a lengthy romance for a cheap fling? Then again the contestants are often complete fame whores anyway, the partners are probably well rid

I really don't know what James brings, but LS had a golden opportunity to fire him last week and didn't, so he must have a decent or intriguing business plan. There's nothing at all likeable about him, at least with Harrison there's some charm and personality, and he's a very hard worker.

I'm not sure I see all the fuss about Jade. I wouldn't be overly shocked if she didn't make interviews tbh. I think Sarah, Michaela and Harrison are the three most likely, I could see any combination bar Bushra for the other two.

If I had to call it, I'd go for a Sarah, Harrison final but of course that's without seeing/hearing their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Michaela, Jade, Sarah and Harrison look like the top four right now, but who knows.

I don't think he is anywhere near those 3. He is probably the most entertaining contestant and a very hard worker but I don't think he has any chance of making the final 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

No characters ? Have ye erased Elizabeth from ye're minds?
    She's quirky but she's improving week on week and she is professional in her approach. She could have thrown Joanne off the bus but just said - "yeah we lost that contract" and got on with it. She very hands on and gets stuck in to every task.

If it was a horse race I said last week it would be Sarah first, Jade a few lengths behind with the rest a good distance back but I think this week sees Elizabeth making huge ground on the other two women -she could even be in second place.

I was disappointed with Sarah this week and she may be getting a little complacent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement