Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Elizabeth is just being kept in for ratings at this stage. There should have been 2 fired last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

While I agree it's a large part of why she's probably going to make the interviews, I do think she is credible behind it all and a seriously hard worker. It'll be very interesting to see her plan. Why is Lord Sugar dismissing the £1 million projection out of hand? Of course no-one can 'guarantee' they'll make any particular sum of money, just like no-one can guarantee they'll even wake up in the morning, but pending the plan it may not be that wild a figure at all. She says she's ready to launch tomorrow, so it may not be a 'new' venture anyway, per se

You just know well that when he throws these hard-man lines out there ridiculing the contestants that he gets answered back far more often than is shown, but of course the edit portrays him as some kind of godlike figure who no-one can possibly challenge.

I went off on a bit of a tangent there, but I think it was interesting to see his attitude towards each contestant now - given it was the penultimate task

His 'man-up' comment to James seemed to me like more friendly, hopeful advice than a warning or an ultimatum. Similarly Sarah got such an easy ride in the boardroom, she has to be a finalist really. The edit definitely has her as the front-runner, and pound-for-pound she's been the best from what we've seen. Still need to be cautious though, the same could have been said for Roisin a few years years back.

I think Michaela has plateaued a bit but given she was so prominent early on she's a cert for interviews you'd think.

Harrison definitely got his most negative edit yet, he seemed to handle the pitch quite well but got a bit of stick in the boardroom. It looks like his plan will be around a health-food business, so I can't see LS going into grocery two years in a row. It's becoming a very saturated market anyway - at least Alana can target consumers directly at fairs, shows, events and so on, Harrison will be reliant on getting listed with major retailers, which is a slog at the best of times. A lot of fad-dish health products are being launched almost on a daily basis at this stage

Given their edit to date I can't see Joanna or Jade as a finalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

That’s why I don’t think Sarah will win either, she’s in confectionary, similar to Alana.

Don’t see that Jade was bullying Joanna as others have said. To me, Joanna was being her usual pain, not understanding that all her ideas aren’t necessarily good ones. The big, sulky head on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,246 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

_Dara_ wrote: »
    That’s why I don’t think Sarah will win either, she’s in confectionary, similar to Alana.

Don’t see that Jade was bullying Joanna as others have said. To me, Joanna was being her usual pain, not understanding that all her ideas aren’t necessarily good ones. The big, sulky head on her.
    Totally agree...Joanna....jesus....root root root...give over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

gmisk wrote:
    Totally agree...Joanna....jesus....root root root...give over!

Yea if they were making soup or something fair enough. She is painful and solo grumpy. But she did in fairness bring up the fact that they should have the ingredients on the box and jade paid no attention. They were both v bad on this task.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In fairness to Joanna she was told they need a name with something to do with the brain in it. Jade's idea had as little to do with the brain as Joanna's, and natrofuel was just a terrible name full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,246 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

In fairness to Joanna she was told they need a name with something to do with the brain in it. Jade's idea had as little to do with the brain as Joanna's, and natrofuel was just a terrible name full stop.
    That was true, in fairness she did mention about the box as well but her general attitude is so negative and moany imo...god some of them this year are truly useless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jade was totally antagonising Joanna all task. From brainstorming out loud when Joanna asked for a bit of space to think to totally undermining her at the labelling stage to constantly rolling her eyes and shouting over her, it was embarrassing to watch. And then trying to pin the blame on the lack of labelling on them both as a team was awful.

I'm not a Joanna fan at all but she really got pushed out of it this week.

That said, delighted Bushra is gone. Couldn't stand her fence sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nah, Sarah-Lynn was very lucky tonight, she didn't see that her brand name could be offensive to Muslims, she didn't plan out the presentation properly, and didn't see the ridiculous costumes as a terrible idea and allowed Elizabeth to do the presentation while trying to cook, and left James abandon his responsibility to do the presentation.
    A terrible project manager tonight altogether.

The costumes were forced, they had no choice but to wear them which made no sense what so ever. It ut the contestants in a very awkward situation.

I hope Harrison wins, he is the most personable of the lot of them and easily the most likeable, although I can't see him making it past the interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Nuerofuel-done!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

One thing about Elizabeth is she isn't a backstabber like some of the rest of them, she says what she thinks about people to their face and not behind their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

One thing about Elizabeth is she isn't a backstabber like some of the rest of them, she says what she thinks about people to their face and not behind their backs.

Yep agreed! Elizabeth grows on me every week. Sure she's bossy and abrupt but she's never a shrinking violet on tasks, always gets her hands dirty.

I actually liked Jade up until this task, she was a total bully to Joanna.

I'd be happy to see James, Elizabeth and Michaela/Harrison at interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Yes, this is a rare trait in an Apprentice candidate. She also takes a lot of the boardroom criticism from Siucre very well. He's mocked her a bit in there and she takes it on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm only catching up this morning. I have not really gotten to grips with all of the characters yet. I do find Elizabeth quite fascinating. Glad she's still in. Love her determination to succeed. I wonder will she be able to really take any of Lord Sugar's advice on board. We'll see next time.

Should be interesting tonight, I assume 2 are going? (6 would at interviews would be all sorts of chaos for editing purposes)

Can't see James and Sarah going (probable finalists imo) and Michaela has been pushed as a likely interviewee since episode 1. If she has a bad showing Elizabeth will still be kept for entertainment you'd imagine, so it would leave 2 out of Jade, Joanna and Harrison. It will depend on the teams' make-up though - with at least one of jade and Joanna going a certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jade and Joanna both to go I bet. James to win with Elizabeth running a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Cringing at Michaela and Elizabeth perving over the models and measuring their inside leg. If it were men doing that to women there would be outrage!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

ncmc wrote: »
    Cringing at Michaela and Elizabeth perving over the models and measuring their inside leg. If it were men doing that to women there would be outrage!

Yeah but patriarchy or something so it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hard to know on this one, don't want Elizabeth to be on loosing team again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Jade will surely get slaughtered for that pitch at the catwalk, it was awful.

Oh Christ, Michaela was terrible selling to the boutiques! She was 10 seconds away from nutting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can only imagine the Her.ie article lambasting it.

Must say, I was secretly delighted for Joanna considering the basic bullying she suffered from Jade last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Skipping next weeks episode for sure. Always badly edited and see it from the trailer.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Skipping next weeks episode for sure. Always badly edited and see it from the trailer.

:confused:

The interview episode is usually one of the best of the series

Right decision in the board room tonight. Can’t see what Harrison and Jade have contributed in any of the tasks. That being said (and I think I saw this ever year) this is surely the worst bunch of contestants to date. There’s not one of them that I would hire to take out the bins. Unless they have stellar business plans up their sleeves, then they are all totally useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Joanna had a strong week in this task.

I was a little surprised to see Jade go, I think she was quite strong in the first half of the tasks but dropped away a little. I still expected her to make the final.

Elizabeth survived again. Seems she finally took Lord Sugar's advice and didn't go barging in with her ideas for the cover of the magazine. In saying that, I don't think she deserves to be in the final. She's an incredibly weak contestant overall.

Someone above mentioned James could win? I don't see that at all. He's not strong enough imo. It will depend on his business idea I suppose.

Yeah as I expected, as soon as I saw the teams it was either a elizabeth/Joanna, jade/Harrison combo.

Think jade and Harrison both started off the series prominently, but there was some foreshadowing last week (which we often see when a candidate gets a bad edit out of relatively nowhere and then is gone the week after)

I cant see past a sarah and James final now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Agreed.

And Harrison got stick for enjoying looking at the models but not a word in the boardroom about Elizabeth feeling up the bloke and Michaela cheering her on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ncmc wrote:
    That being said (and I think I saw this ever year) this is surely the worst bunch of contestants to date.
    I think you're right this year. I've only been watching for 6 or 7 seasons but this lot are definitely the worst I've seen. It's really hard to pick a winner out of the them.

I had to laugh when Claude said that Jade wasn't the full package cos none of them are even close to being the full package. But when you think about it an apprentice isn't supposed to be the full package anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement