Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2017

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Some have. Scott in 2015, Aleksandra in 2016, Adele in the first season.

Katie hopkins did as well

jr86 wrote: »
    Indeed, there's just something very insincere about him, i wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him

So like 99% of the recruitment consultants I've ever dealt with then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Ara im sure theyre not all bad :D but he in particular just strikes me as someone who'd sell his own mother to get ahead...

...or lose his wife-to-be over a cheap fling

Then you have Elle a few years back who didn't technically quit but completely packed it in and gave a token effort at best

Ara im sure theyre not all bad :D but he in particular just strikes me as someone who'd sell his own mother to get ahead...

No, there's the 1% that are ok.

On the fling, thats where The Apprentice misses a trick. If it was near live, where wives and girlfriends we're watching on screen flirting in near real time it might add to drama a bit. And they wouldn't be able to manufacture or even script it as much. It might seem slightly more real.

That said I'm a celebrity is filmed about 24 hours ahead of airtime and I was very suspicious it was very manufactured this year.

And as has been said, the candidates are clearly given very narrow parameters, leaving room for f&$k ups. Like the naming of the companies in the final episode. Surely most people would have a few names they want to call their business. I'd bet good money that they get asked for their company name ideas at the start "to get vetted" and at the final get told "Sorry your names didn't pass vetting so you have to come up with a name in a brainstorm session with people who got fired for being no good and who may not like you".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

For a different reason though. She actually got a spot in the final. She didn’t leave because of burnout.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No, there's the 1% that are ok.

On the fling, thats where The Apprentice misses a trick. If it was near live, where wives and girlfriends we're watching on screen flirting in near real time it might add to drama a bit. And they wouldn't be able to manufacture or even script it as much. It might seem slightly more real.

That said I'm a celebrity is filmed about 24 hours ahead of airtime and I was very suspicious it was very manufactured this year.

And as has been said, the candidates are clearly given very narrow parameters, leaving room for f&$k ups. Like the naming of the companies in the final episode. Surely most people would have a few names they want to call their business. I'd bet good money that they get asked for their company name ideas at the start "to get vetted" and at the final get told "Sorry your names didn't pass vetting so you have to come up with a name in a brainstorm session with people who got fired for being no good and who may not like you".

If they started focusing on personal relationships and flirting between candidates, I think it would turn a lot of people off watching, IMO. There is enough of that kind of reality show about, The Apprentice is a little bit different.

miamee wrote: »
    If they started focusing on personal relationships and flirting between candidates, I think it would turn a lot of people off watching, IMO. There is enough of that kind of reality show about, The Apprentice is a little bit different.

Yeah, each to their own but I couldn't care less about the tabloid gossip side of things

pooch90 wrote: »
    Did they? Sorry, either didn't watch that far back or don't remember! Could it be part of T&Cs? Isn't going on You're Fired part of contract?

I'm not sure. Jade didn't return to join to the teams this year, and I've seen contestants pass on You're Fired before so I don't know really!

Yeah I'm not actually sure how they choose the 8 to come back

I suppose there'll always be people unavailable

There was an interesting piece from Joseph Valente's autobiography (I read in the paper) that when he was away at filming he had to give his secretary full control of his business while he was away. I've always wondered how on earth people can go away for so long, that run (often essentially one man show) functioning businesses. And allowing for ZERO contact in that time

Also, how does an employee like Andrew or Joanna just up and leave for a few weeks, do they have to leave their jobs?

I know that Roisin Hogan and Gary (from 2015) did that

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not actually sure how they choose the 8 to come back

I suppose there'll always be people unavailable

There was an interesting piece from Joseph Valente's autobiography (I read in the paper) that when he was away at filming he had to give his secretary full control of his business while he was away. I've always wondered how on earth people can go away for so long, that run (often essentially one man show) functioning businesses. And allowing for ZERO contact in that time

Also, how does an employee like Andrew or Joanna just up and leave for a few weeks, do they have to leave their jobs?

I know that Roisin Hogan and Gary (from 2015) did that

Yeah, I've always wondered that. Maybe some contestants have earned a career break? It makes more sense in this format than the previous though. In the previous, people were basically telling their employers that they want to work elsewhere.

Yeah, I've always wondered that. Maybe some contestants have earned a career break? It makes more sense in this format than the previous though. In the previous, people were basically telling their employers that they want to work elsewhere.

Yeah, I suppose some could take unpaid leave but it really depends on the employer. I guess they have to cite 'emergencies' or something similar so they can just disappear for a few weeks on short notice, I think they're only allowed tell their immediate family they'll be on the show

Of course I'm sure some just leave their jobs to fully pursue their new proposed venture, or else try and live off their new fame for a while afterwards and then seek employment again

Yeah, I suppose some could take unpaid leave but it really depends on the employer. I guess they have to cite 'emergencies' or something similar so they can just disappear for a few weeks on short notice, I think they're only allowed tell their immediate family they'll be on the show

Of course I'm sure some just leave their jobs to fully pursue their new proposed venture, or else try and live off their new fame for a while afterwards and then seek employment again

Ruth from series two left a great job that included €250,000 worth of share options to go on the show. Something is not quite right there. Why would anyone do that?

Ruth from series two left a great job that included €250,000 worth of share options to go on the show. Something is not quite right there. Why would anyone do that?

Wow that's mental

I wonder will Elizabeth be swayed into going on CBB?

Andrew going into CBB. Bloody hell, they must be stuck!

Absolutely farcical such a fame whore made it onto the Apprentice in the first place but it's the way the show has gone unfortunately

Good on Elizabeth for turning it down - I assume she had a plethora of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's a joke if any of the apprentice candidates would have made it onto celebrity big brother.

Having Elizabeth on it would make me tear my eyes out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

God, what a loser Andrew is.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

God, what a loser Andrew is.

I'm not surprised. He came across as a complete tosser, Jack the Lad stereotype on the Apprentice just on it to boost his media profile. Cant see people warming to him as they did James Hill whatever year he was on CBB.

:D

I watched the Apprentice this year and had to google which was Andrew. He is going into "Celebrity" Big Brother?!? Celebrity Big Brother. Celebrity. Give me strength.

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Thread for new series here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement