Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are smokers genetically predisposed to being an asshat?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I'm a heavy smoker. I realise that makes me some kind of neo-nazi in some people's eyes but there's not much I can do about their opinion unfortunately. I NEVER drop my butts on the floor - I flick off the end and then carry the remains in my pockets until I find a bin - I even do this when I'm driving.

By nature, I'm very easy-going and non-confrontational. I'd go as far as to say I have a particular talent for mediating and can generally manage to mend bridges when the need arises.

However............ after reading all of this thread, I have now decided that all non-smokers should be locked into a big, windowless room, surrounded by a small, dedicated crowd of smokers and forced to inhale our second hand smoke.

And just for the hell of it, they should be arranged by levels of attractiveness, obviously on the 1-10 scale.

Am I an ass-hat?

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

I'm a heavy smoker. I realise that makes me some kind of neo-nazi in some people's eyes but there's not much I can do about their opinion unfortunately. I NEVER drop my butts on the floor - I flick off the end and then carry the remains in my pockets until I find a bin - I even do this when I'm driving.

By nature, I'm very easy-going and non-confrontational. I'd go as far as to say I have a particular talent for mediating and can generally manage to mend bridges when the need arises.

However............ after reading all of this thread, I have now decided that all non-smokers should be locked into a big, windowless room, surrounded by a small, dedicated crowd of smokers and forced to inhale our second hand smoke.

And just for the hell of it, they should be arranged by levels of attractiveness, obviously on the 1-10 scale.

Am I an ass-hat?

Yes it does.

Do you not read the warning "Smoking Kills" on the packet?

Why can't you stop smoking? Have you no will power?

You are going to die a horrible death.

You do know that don't you?

I eat healthy exercise and I don't smoke. I am going to live a long happy life.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

feargale wrote: »
    I'm sure smokers will manage fine without your sympathy. But a modicum of decency wouldn't go astray.

I read that as 'ashtray'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Yes it does.

You mightn't die from smoking but you're already showing signs of an excessive amount of 'hubris', this can be very dangerous indeed if not kept in check.
    I would strongly suggest a small pinch of 'humility' to be taken twice daily. Then when you grow up and chill out a bit, you'll be grand:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

You mightn't die from smoking but you're already showing signs of an excessive amount of 'hubris', this can be very dangerous indeed if not kept in check.
    I would strongly suggest a small pinch of 'humility' to be taken twice daily. Then when you grow up and chill out a bit, you'll be grand:)

He'll probably get run over by a distracted driver lighting up anyway ........ cause of death, smoking! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Yes it does.

I eat healthy exercise and I don't smoke.I am going to live a long happy life.

Which is more than can be said of those that have to live it with you, if your online persona is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yes it does.

You know not every smoker gets cancer?
    You know people who dont smoke get cancer?
    You know that you could die by being in a road accident at any time?

I guess the "hahaha" was meant to be some sort of succesful laugh?

In reality for a possible 38 year old man that is some impressive level of maturity, and a severe lack of understanding of the concept of death. So yes I did have a chuckle at the paradox of the post and how you revealed a lot of your own short comings. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Which is more than can be said of those that have to live it with you, if your online persona is anything to go by.

I doubt they care Cats generally arent fussed too much by humans, the Dog will still lick its arse. I doubt humans actually live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JollyBustard

Omackeral wrote: »
    I read that as 'ashtray'

You should have a smoke to get rid of the cravings :pac:

Advertisement