Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are smokers genetically predisposed to being an asshat?

Options
  • 07-09-2017 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

So, sitting outside a londis having a late lunch, a large selection of tables available over a large area, when someone decides a meter away from me is the perfect place to smoke their cigarette.

Like, seriously, are smokers just totally oblivious to just how disgusting the habit is? It doesn't occur to someone that perhaps the person they've decided to stand next to, who is having their lunch, doesn't want to breath in their second hand smoke?

And of course, when they're done, the butt goes on the ground. Which bizarrely, seems be a mandatory act for smokers. Should be a minimum €1000 fine for this carry on for a start. Scum.

Rant over. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

They wouldn't do it if they knew how disgusting it is or more likely they sjmply don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

jaysus OP you obviously havent much to worry about.
    you sound like a SJW with that type of OTT reaction to a bit of smoke coming your way OUTDOORS.

sure some people dont like hearing the horrible sound of some yoke eating up a big mayonaissey sandwich in their faces either. why would anyone ever sit outside a LONDIS to eat lunch - it's hardly the type of place you can expect a "high caliber" of clientele now is it?

do you regularly go around looking for trouble, or just with smokers?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Wow, SJW comes up in the second post, new record that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I too despise the Devils Lettuce. No thank you "dude", I get my highs from life!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

540459_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Generally the other way round tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭MickDoyle1979

It says "Smoking Kills" and has pictures of the medical horrors of smoking on the packaging. They can see the money draining from their bank account - how much will a pack go up in the in next budget? For decades there have been anti smoking adverts and we all know people have died of lung cancer or are wheezing their way to an early grave.

Anyone who smokes is a moron and they deserve their horrible death.

They have no excuse.

No pity or sympathy for anyone who smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Anyone who smokes is a moron and they deserve their horrible death.

Well, aren't you a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Pelvis, don't be old all your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Pelvis wrote: »
    Wow, SJW comes up in the second post, new record that!

You think I'm an "SJW". Holy sh1t.Besides. you started it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I dunno about any of that but anytime I see a 10 lighting up a smoke she instantly becomes a 2. It's the biggest turn off for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You think I'm an "SJW". Holy sh1t

2nd post AFTER mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Not nearly as big an asshat as people that start a sentence with "like".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jaysus OP you obviously havent much to worry about.
    you sound like a SJW with that type of OTT reaction to a bit of smoke coming your way OUTDOORS.

sure some people dont like hearing the horrible sound of some yoke eating up a big mayonaissey sandwich in their faces either. why would anyone ever sit outside a LONDIS to eat lunch - it's hardly the type of place you can expect a "high caliber" of clientele now is it?

do you regularly go around looking for trouble, or just with smokers?

:rolleyes:

Seems like someone needs a nicotine hit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I bet they looked cool though :pac:

But seriously, people smoking around me is not a bother. It wasn't too long ago where the smoking ban didn't exist and we freely went into places with people smoking freely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Pelvis wrote: »
    So, sitting outside a londis having a late lunch, a large selection of tables available over a large area, when someone decides a meter away from me is the perfect place to smoke their cigarette.

Like, seriously, are smokers just totally oblivious to just how disgusting the habit is? It doesn't occur to someone that perhaps the person they've decided to stand next to, who is having their lunch, doesn't want to breath in their second hand smoke?

And of course, when they're done, the butt goes on the ground. Which bizarrely, seems be a mandatory act for smokers. Should be a minimum €1000 fine for this carry on for a start. Scum.

Rant over. :D

Why didn't you eat inside then ?

The Simpsons hit the nail on the head again, The Flandersersers this time

1450774327233.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I think most smokers realise how horrible their addiction is, the harm it causes them and others, and that there's nothing as disgusting as a fag butt on a pavement. Such is addiction.

Arseholes rarely realise that they are arseholes though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Whats an asshat?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seems like someone needs a nicotine hit.

I dont smoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

maxresdefault.jpg

travolta_balding.jpg

I dont smoke

I didn't say you did.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I didn't say you did.

obtuse.

well you implied i needed a nicotine hit.

goon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I get people not liking smoking and not wanting to be disturbed by the smoke... but apart from that who cares if they smoke? It's their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Asshat???

obtuse.

well you implied i needed a nicotine hit.

goon

I did, might relax you a bit. You seem highly strung with your aggression and name calling. Either that or heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Do not discriminate against me just because of the colour of my lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I have to agree about the lack of consideration from many smokers out in public. Particularly at bus stops when you're queued up and have no option but to stay put. Face full of smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just when I thought we had hats for everything that needed a hat...

15545183-Handsome-Donkey-in-a-hat-of-the-cowboy-poses-in-park-Stock-Photo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Feck sake, they are outside where they are allowed to smoke. Stop moaning about it and if you dont like it then go inside where they cant be anywhere near you.

Advertisement