Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Managed to get a campervan ticket this morning but will be waiting awhile before I get the actual weekend tickets. Has anyone had any experience of the campervan site? I saw a few pictures online from last weekend and saw some campers with awnings and small tents beside them - are you allowed to put up a smaller tent on your pitch? Ours is a 2 berth campervan but we'll probably be giving our friends a lift down who will ultimately be going to the normal campsites - would they be able to do that or is there a different wristband for the camper site?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Pink moon bar was under new management this year. Noticeable drop in the quality of food and coffee. However, food was cheaper... No live music either. Bar staff seemed very nice and no issues with short changing. I had high hopes for their pizza truck, but it was pretty awful

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Missed the music, def less cover from the rain and less seating. Spent a lot of time there last year, only one drink this year ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Managed to get a campervan ticket this morning but will be waiting awhile before I get the actual weekend tickets. Has anyone had any experience of the campervan site? I saw a few pictures online from last weekend and saw some campers with awnings and small tents beside them - are you allowed to put up a smaller tent on your pitch? Ours is a 2 berth campervan but we'll probably be giving our friends a lift down who will ultimately be going to the normal campsites - would they be able to do that or is there a different wristband for the camper site?

Its no problem. Small tents are common, no one cares about the silly rules. When you are parking up, they usually ask if you are putting out an awning to judge how much space you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have the email address for the codes? Have sent off the form but no word and when i try ringing the number it keeps cutting off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

bd2012 wrote: »
    Discount for attending 3 or more previous picnics.

Ah right, grand so. I thought you were referring to some other discount available on the 3Plus App.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

i stayed in them, id stick with the two man tent, ours leaked on the Friday nite. Saturday nite zip broke

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Pink moon bar was under new management this year. Noticeable drop in the quality of food and coffee. However, food was cheaper... No live music either. Bar staff seemed very nice and no issues with short changing. I had high hopes for their pizza truck, but it was pretty awful

Ah, that makes sense. Didn't try the pizza place, we did get burgers from the bar which were grand.
    The coffee machines were the slowest things on the planet, thankfully, I tend to wake early, no queues for showers / coffee etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just booked my installment plan :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Still no code. Sent everything pristine perfect yesterday morning. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Wyldwyll

So I logged on at 11am ish.
    Wanted a family caravan pass but there sold out?!!!?! Checked with ticketmaster and they said YUP.
    DASHES MY PLANS TO BRING THE KIDS NEXT YEAR!!
    Bitterly disappointed.
    Any thoughts on how to get my hands on one?
    Got a discounted pair of GA tickets but
    Arrrggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

What options is everybody pressing to get through to an actual person when they call ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Its no problem. Small tents are common, no one cares about the silly rules. When you are parking up, they usually ask if you are putting out an awning to judge how much space you need.

That's great to know, thanks very much for clarifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mel123

Right, am i being thick??
    The email says im eligable for weekend camping @ 185
    I go on, but i get general admission for 185. Is this camping??

Sec GENAD
    Row --, Seats --
    €185.00 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Its general admission with camping in public campsites, as in Joplin, Wilde etc.

Bazzo wrote: »
    What options is everybody pressing to get through to an actual person when they call ticketmaster?

Never mind, finally got them by selecting the option for queries about previous bookings. The pricking around and the 15 mins wait wasn't great but once I got through the guy was sound and sorted it in less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Got my code and ticket purchased just there now. :)

So a day's turnaround for the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Was really feeling in the run up to this years event that it would be my last after a 13 year run.

Logged on and purchased 2 tickets at 9:01am this morning, roll on 2018 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Booked pink moon this morning. Didn't get my discount code for the early bird tickets yet so will wait until that arrives before getting my festival ticket. Wonder when the festival will sell out this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What way are people reading this tweet? I thought it was only campervan they are referring to, but Leinster Express reporting Early Bird tickets sold out.

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/906112252058771458

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/electric-picnic/269374/electric-picnic-2018-early-bird-tickets-sold-out.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

When I looked at it first I had to double take, but what I think they mean is both General and Family Camper/Caravan tickets are gone. NOT general camping (they def aren't sold out, can add them to basket now)

Yeah that's just the campervan tickets. Sold out straight away last year too. No way the early bird tickets sold out in a few hours, that would be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That is the way i read it toom but when i saw Leinster Express, i panicked a little :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

mel123 wrote: »
    Right, am i being thick??
    The email says im eligable for weekend camping @ 185
    I go on, but i get general admission for 185. Is this camping??

Sec GENAD
    Row --, Seats --
    €185.00 ea

All weekend tickets are camping so you are fine. Only Sunday tickets are not camping

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

sorry guys that code is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

So I have a dilemma. This year 6 of us went. Myself and OH in Pink Moon and the rest stayed in Oscar Wilde. We are all in early 30s. We ended up having our 'predrinks' so to speak in OW because that's where our friends were, and going back to PM at night or during the day when we were in main arena but never sat there to have drink and relax. Everyone seemed to want to give PM a go when we were talking about it during the weekend, put it to everyone today and it was a no (obviously terrible time to be paying a load of money straight after the festival)

Now the OH is saying its not worth our while if everyone else is 'regular' camping but I cannot face the cess pit that was OW to sleep in. Sorry but everyone around them was a decade younger at least, the queues for the toilets were insane, there was people going around screaming at 4am, falling everywhere and I head loads of reports of stuff getting robbed. They other group of friends love being in 'the thick of it' and think its great craic.

Any advice? Try drag them to one of the other campsites? We dont even own a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Try Joplin or Eco campsite.

Joplin is relatively quiet and spacey compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

maximoose wrote: »

But what about all the heathens!!! :eek::eek::eek:

And my super awesome entrance to the arena!

And the toilets with lights and mirrors!!

I'm genuinely having thoughts of booking a 2man to myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

kg703 wrote: »
    maximoose wrote: »

But what about all the heathens!!! :eek::eek::eek:

And my super awesome entrance to the arena!

And the toilets with lights and mirrors!!

I'm genuinely having thoughts of booking a 2man to myself :pac:

You're dead right. Feck them. You'll make new friends in Pink Moon. Better ones. More attractive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement