Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You're dead right. Feck them. You'll make new friends in Pink Moon. Better ones. More attractive.

Sold.

*Ad

Friend for sale in PM
    Will bring enough food and beer for two
    Owns two good camping chairs
    Owns loads of massive coats so everyone can be warm
    Will make you and your attractive friends look even more attractive
    Minimal cost - just pump up my air matress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

kg703 wrote: »
    So I have a dilemma. This year 6 of us went. Myself and OH in Pink Moon and the rest stayed in Oscar Wilde. We are all in early 30s. We ended up having our 'predrinks' so to speak in OW because that's where our friends were, and going back to PM at night or during the day when we were in main arena but never sat there to have drink and relax. Everyone seemed to want to give PM a go when we were talking about it during the weekend, put it to everyone today and it was a no (obviously terrible time to be paying a load of money straight after the festival)

Now the OH is saying its not worth our while if everyone else is 'regular' camping but I cannot face the cess pit that was OW to sleep in. Sorry but everyone around them was a decade younger at least, the queues for the toilets were insane, there was people going around screaming at 4am, falling everywhere and I head loads of reports of stuff getting robbed. They other group of friends love being in 'the thick of it' and think its great craic.

Any advice? Try drag them to one of the other campsites? We dont even own a tent!

You can camp beside my caravan for, oh let's say €200, and I will bring you a 'free' espresso coffee when i fall out of bed (thats about 1.30pm).

No seriously, Joplin really is a good option... especially up in the overflow area which was lovely and quiet this year and loads of space up there. Its about 5 minutes further walk than Wilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

maximoose wrote: »
    Try Joplin or Eco campsite.  

Joplin is relatively quiet and spacey compared to the others.

But what about all the heathens!!! :eek::eek::eek:

And my super awesome entrance to the arena!

And the toilets with lights and mirrors!!

I'm genuinely having thoughts of booking a 2man to myself :pac:
    Your dedication to your comfort is admirable :)

I've done years of camping and did the last two in Pink Moon and I feel I deserve those small comforts. I just cant believe himself is choosing to hang out with our friends over MY comfort :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've done years of camping and did the last two in Pink Moon and I feel I deserve those small comforts. I just cant believe himself is choosing to hang out with our friends over MY comfort :D:D:D:D:D
    This is not how love is supposed to be, Kg. Lose him too. I've a feeling EP 2018 could be the start of a whole new chapter for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ah I'm sure you can twist his arm.. All lads can be broken eventually! :P I was thinking about PM next year myself, but my gang want a "little village" of tents as there's (apparently) so many going to go next year... we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mocata wrote: »
    Was in boutique this year, the constant ****e dance music drone from fairground was a minus point for me. Is pink moon better in this regard? How do shower/loo facilities compare? PM location looked to be a huge plus
    I'm guessing you were close to the fence too, 'twas fairly ridiculous alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

2017 was my first year at Electric Picnic and me and the OH enjoyed it so much I picked up two tickets this morning :). Saving around €110 on the price I paid for two tickets last year. Stayed in Charlie Chaplin and it was very nice and fairly quiet but the rave in the woods area was very loud at night as its close to the campsite. Also only 8 minute walk to the main arena.

This is not how love is supposed to be, Kg. Lose him too. I've a feeling EP 2018 could be the start of a whole new chapter for you.

Divorce party in PM on August 31st - also my bday. What a coincidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Divorce party in PM on August 31st - also my bday. What a coincidence :pac:

No way. This is really coming together. Fingers crossed for Dolly Parton on the main stage that night.

• Advertisement

I'm putting the call into Adele as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Code in, tickets bought. Pink moon booked also. All sorted. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wyldwyll

Wyldwyll wrote: »
    So I logged on at 11am ish.
    Wanted a family caravan pass but there sold out?!!!?! Checked with ticketmaster and they said YUP.
    DASHES MY PLANS TO BRING THE KIDS NEXT YEAR!!
    Bitterly disappointed.
    Any thoughts on how to get my hands on one?
    Got a discounted pair of GA tickets but
    Arrrggghhh

Replying to my own post to keep it alive. Any thoughts folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Wyldwyll wrote: »
    Replying to my own post to keep it alive. Any thoughts folks?

I reckon you are SOL sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Sent TM an email on Wednesday, asking for a code. Didn't provide any details/proof that I had been before. I've only been to two, but God bless them the next morning they sent me on a 3+ code! 2018 booked, the savings were eaten up by Pink Moon price hike but happy days all the same

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i might be going posh camping next year. Is the pink moon boutique not all in once place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think i might be going posh camping next year. Is the pink moon boutique not all in once place

Check the linked map in Post #1 in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If I book pink moon now and for whatever reason cant make EP in 2018, can I transfer it to someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Hogzy wrote: »
    If I book pink moon now and for whatever reason cant make EP in 2018, can I transfer it to someone else?

I asked them that before, said you couldn't transfer but that means nothing really. Plenty sell their ticket on without issue. Ive not been asked ID etc when booking in

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paulc1000

still waiting on loyalty code! panic setting in, if anyone has a spare would be greatly appreciated 😀😀 pink moon is booked! too old and need some comfort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Got my tickets today, only coming back to the real world now...still don't have the energy to type about my weekend in the 2017 thread......maybe tomorrow!!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Ticketmaster automatically sent me a 2 or less code but I've been to 4. I sent in my application yesterday and got my 3 or more code today.

As a result, does anyone want a 2 or less code? First PM is more than welcome to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 earlyriser

just wondering if anyone know - I booked a 4 man tent in pinkmoon today and 2 more friends have decided to go now do you think there will be any problem changing it to a 6 man tent with pinkmoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

earlyriser wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone know - I booked a 4 man tent in pinkmoon today and 2 more friends have decided to go now do you think there will be any problem changing it to a 6 man tent with pinkmoon?

shouldn't be, just e-mail them and they'll sort it out if they've got the tents left.

Did something similar a few years ago, a cousin was given a ticket for his 40th so i bumped my two man to a two man tipi to sort his sleeping arrangements for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lilgit2

Lads if anyone has a discount code they dont need ill swap my firstborn for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lilgit2

Ticketmaster automatically sent me a 2 or less code but I've been to 4. I sent in my application yesterday and got my 3 or more code today.

As a result, does anyone want a 2 or less code? First PM is more than welcome to it.

If its not gone can i take it??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any idea what the forecast is?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

lilgit2 wrote: »
    If its not gone can i take it??

Really sorry but someone PM'd a half an hour before you and it's gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Any idea what the forecast is?

Embarrassing headliners, rubbish unknown mid-tier & crappy tribute bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Embarrassing headliners, rubbish unknown mid-tier & crappy tribute bands.

In regards to people making their predictions, please can we not aim so high this time around. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement