Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ftb_bounce

MJohnston wrote: »
    I can search for them, but there's 'no tickets that match your search' constantly. Unless a few dozen people are sitting with them unpurchased, I reckon I'm out of luck.

At the risk of sounding annoying, maybe try a different browser? I just checked and it's giving me the option again... For both campervan and caravan.

I haven't tried to go any further than that, so maybe it times out after?

First EP tickets bought, so on the clueless side!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I still haven't received my loyalty code, I filled in the form yesterday with proof of attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

ftb_bounce wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding annoying, maybe try a different browser? I just checked and it's giving me the option again... For both campervan and caravan.

I haven't tried to go any further than that, so maybe it times out after?

First EP tickets bought, so on the clueless side!

Nope, nothing, this is as far as I get:

DzDLW5Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm probably 23 mins too late - just had text from son asking me to book for him - camping - first-timer - all I can see is family/campervan/previous-loyalty. Or Viagogo which I won't do. Have we missed the boat???

Does he just want to camp for the weekend? All weekend tickets are general camping tickets, the other stuff are extras that you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dibble

Dibble - thanks very much - it would have been easier if I had followed your very clear instructions properly - I hadn't selected the quantity! i have his ticket safely now. Many thanks for your speedy responses! You can uncross your fingers now!
    :)

No worries, I'm delighted you got sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Charlie wrote: »
    What discount is this?

Discount for attending 3 or more previous picnics.

I've been trying this number all morning but they keep saying all agents are busy, try later.

Same with me and I'm not even sure if it's the correct number to ring looking for the code.

This isn't great really, how hard can it be to send out loyalty codes before the tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Annani

DzDLW5Y.jpg

It's working for me.

Can you try the main site instead?

Viagogo has a family campervan ticket for sale at €464 already. F*cking scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just realised ticketmaster sent me the wrong loyalty code (even though I've bought all my tickets for the 5 Picnics I've been to through them) so now I've to go through the rigmarole of getting my correct code. Argh!

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    Just realised ticketmaster sent me the wrong loyalty code (even though I've bought all my tickets for the 5 Picnics I've been to through them) so now I've to go through the rigmarole of getting my correct code. Argh!

How are you gong to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Annani

Viagogo has a family campervan ticket for sale at €464 already. F*cking scum.

Ah no way that's awful :(

nc6000 wrote: »
    How are you gong to do this?

I bought all my previous tickets online so I have all the email confirmations so I've just submitted through their form

I bought all my previous tickets online so I have all the email confirmations so I've just submitted through their form

I did all that yesterday morning and still haven't received a code. You could be waiting until next week to get yours.

How long will tickets be available for?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Morning all, just about to get tickets for my 3rd EP.
    Stayed in the 2 man tent in Pinkmoon this year and it was ideal. Group are talking about moving to the 2 man tippee this year. I just noticed that these are single skin tents.
    Has anyone had any experience of staying in these? Space wise they seem a good choice but don't fancy the condensation / water risk...

I did all that yesterday morning and still haven't received a code. You could be waiting until next week to get yours.

How long will tickets be available for?

Ah don't panic, available until some time in October

Ah don't panic, available until some time in October

Do the Family Camping ones last that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dukie wrote: »
    Morning all, just about to get tickets for my 3rd EP.
    Stayed in the 2 man tent in Pinkmoon this year and it was ideal. Group are talking about moving to the 2 man tippee this year. I just noticed that these are single skin tents.
    Has anyone had any experience of staying in these? Space wise they seem a good choice but don't fancy the condensation / water risk...

Stayed in one a few years back, they were fine, condensation wasn't an issue but that was a dry year so no idea how they are in the howling winds and rain.

Do the Family Camping ones last that long?

Not sure, from reading online I don't think they last as long as the regular tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So how does the instalment plan work out? Is it more expensive than buying outright? Do you get charged the €6 service charge with each instalment? Sorry I am new to buying so early :(

• Advertisement

Tickets Purchased On Instalment Plan between 8th September - 17th October
    Your initial deposit and service charge will be charged upon purchase. Your 2nd payment/instalment will be made on or around Wednesday, 1st November and your 3rd and final payment/instalment will be processed on or around Friday, 1st December 2016.

3 or more Picnics
    €55+ service charge at time of purchase / €55 1st November 2017/ €55 1st December 2017

1 or 2 Picnics
    €62+ service charge at time of purchase / €61.50 1st November 2017/ €61.50 1st December 2017

Not been before
    €69+ service charge at time of purchase / €68 1st November 2017 / €68 1st December 2017

Please note the payments details here are non-refundable. Should you fail to make the 3 payments successfully or decide you no longer wish to go to Electric Picnic you will not be entitled to a refund of sums that have been paid.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ftb_bounce

Ah ****e, that's what I'm getting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Stayed in one a few years back, they were fine, condensation wasn't an issue but that was a dry year so no idea how they are in the howling winds and rain.
    Cheers, thanks for that. Still tired and emotional after last weekend but that will soon be forgotten about!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Pink moon prices have gone up again. Hard not to feel slightly pissed off but they know that people will pay it over the alternative. That's two years in a row with one night of torrential rain, if you've never done general camping then you never will after those nights and if you have, you're probably looking at the alternative!.

Pink moon prices have gone up again. Hard not to feel slightly pissed off but they know that people will pay it over the alternative. That's two years in a row with one night of torrential rain, if you've never done general camping then you never will after those nights and if you have, you're probably looking at the alternative!.

I'm pretty sure all the boutique has gone up, very very greedy and mean behaviour.

Okay...it's actually really tough to do so but...I'm signing off this thread now, fare ye well everyone who is venturing on the Picnic this year, this'll be my first year where I've been able to go and haven't since 2005! *sniff* may your lineups be vaguely disappointing but ultimately extremely fulfilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Can't seem to get a campervan ticket either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's two years in a row with one night of torrential rain, if you've never done general camping then you never will after those nights and if you have, you're probably looking at the alternative!.

I've done general camping for 10 years, had plenty of washouts and horrible rain - paying the cost of an extra ticket plus 30% (minimum for the smallest option) for Pink Moon is as baffling as ever to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭adam240610

maximoose wrote: »
    I've done general camping for 11 years, had plenty of washouts and horrible rain - paying the cost of an extra ticket plus 30% (minimum for the smallest option) for Pink Moon is as baffling as ever to me.

Yeah, my 35 euro Aldi tent in eco campsite worked fine with the rain, no leaks and the rain just drowned out the noise from everything else, probably my best sleep of EP was during that rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

adam240610 wrote: »
    Yeah, my 35 euro Aldi tent in eco campsite worked fine with the rain, no leaks and the rain just drowned out the noise from everything else, probably my best sleep of EP was during that rain.

It's not just "the tent" though, it's what it offers. I doubt the Pink Moon tents are any more superior, it's the security, the calmness and clean showers & toilets. At least if a pink moon tent gets flooded, which has happened I believe although not to us, the onus is on PM to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement