Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm old and wrote-off, I need a little bit of comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Okay...it's actually really tough to do so but...I'm signing off this thread now, fare ye well everyone who is venturing on the Picnic this year, this'll be my first year where I've been able to go and haven't since 2005! *sniff* may your lineups be vaguely disappointing but ultimately extremely fulfilling!

2 years ago I missed out on campervan ticket, but I picked one up the week before. It was easy in the end. Don't fret, lots of people book them and then friends pull out or can't afford the hire of a van, or etc ... Do not worry, it will be all good.

It's not just "the tent" though, it's what it offers. I doubt the Pink Moon tents are any more superior, it's the security, the calmness and clean showers & toilets. At least if a pink moon tent gets flooded, which has happened I believe although not to us, the onus is on PM to fix it.

It's also the really handy entrance/exit from pink moon/podpads into the arena, that is invaluable to me as I have enough difficulty with all the walking over the course of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

erica74 wrote: »
    It's also the really handy entrance/exit from pink moon/podpads into the arena, that is invaluable to me as I have enough difficulty with all the walking over the course of the weekend.

Another perk for sure, very easy to pop over and back. Its either for you or its not but I heard a lot talking of PM for this year, they'll sell out again no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

When do these Pink Moon tickets go on sale?

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »

They're on sale now, we've booked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

adam240610 wrote: »
    Yeah, my 35 euro Aldi tent in eco campsite worked fine with the rain, no leaks and the rain just drowned out the noise from everything else, probably my best sleep of EP was during that rain.

When do the eco registrations normally open? Considering it this year

maximoose wrote: »

How do you get into eco? Is it a lottery??

I'm only seeing Gen Ad @ €205.

Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You book via the pink moon website, there are no tickets as such, just think of it as a hotel except you're sleeping on the ground, sh1tting in a portacabin and surrounded by sodden drunken people.

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk

• Advertisement

Ahhh. Sounds posh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

I'm only seeing Gen Ad @ €205.

Strange

Same here, can hardly be sold out already?!?

Snarky Snark Snark

maximoose wrote: »

see post #1

why da funk did i bover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Tickets bought wooo !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Pink moon prices have gone up again. Hard not to feel slightly pissed off but they know that people will pay it over the alternative. That's two years in a row with one night of torrential rain, if you've never done general camping then you never will after those nights and if you have, you're probably looking at the alternative!.
    I have to say I didn't/don't mind those nights of rain.
    Tickets purchased for next year :) Lazy Dave wasn't bothered with the codes.. The installment plan doesn't hurt with how it's broken up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha pink moon, for me, is all about the tent already being set up, and the entrance.

This year, I just showed up, pumped an air mattress and opened a can.

Then during the day it was an easy walk back to the tent for beer, clothes etc.

The toilets, ground and showers also remained in decent condition.

Its worth the extra in my opinion, just.

I made a silly mistake booking this morning... although i had tried twice, i couldnt spot where to put in the loyalty code.

I am not sure if it will work with someone else's account, but first to PM me can have it.

Edit: Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Pink moon prices have gone up again. Hard not to feel slightly pissed off but they know that people will pay it over the alternative. That's two years in a row with one night of torrential rain, if you've never done general camping then you never will after those nights and if you have, you're probably looking at the alternative!.

I invested in a good quality double skin tent and it has been grand the past couple of years during the rain in the general campsite. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

2 years ago I missed out on campervan ticket, but I picked one up the week before. It was easy in the end. Don't fret, lots of people book them and then friends pull out or can't afford the hire of a van, or etc ... Do not worry, it will be all good.

Nah, I'm talking about *Family* campervan. I said to myself this year I wouldn't do general campervan again because going through Warhol or Wilde with a kid was just way too depressing. This year there were a handful of second hand Family campervan tickets for sale, and they were going for at least double face value, and I'm not doing that.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Nah, I'm talking about *Family* campervan. I said to myself this year I wouldn't do general campervan again because going through Warhol or Wilde with a kid was just way too depressing. This year there were a handful of second hand Family campervan tickets for sale, and they were going for at least double face value, and I'm not doing that.

Ah ok .. fair enough. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads, Ticketmaster sent me a code for 2 or less picnics instead of 3 plus. I rang and e-mailed and consequently have been issued with 2 seperate 3 plus loyalty codes. I've just used one to get my tickets. I presume the other will still be valid? Anyone want it? Send us a pm.

Edit: Gone, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I made a silly mistake booking this morning... although i had tried twice, i couldnt spot where to put in the loyalty code.

I am not sure if it will work with someone else's account, but first to PM me can have it.

Edit: Gone

Code worked for me, many thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads, Ticketmaster sent me a code for 2 or less picnics instead of 3 plus. I rang and e-mailed and consequently have been issued with 2 seperate 3 plus loyalty codes. I've just used one to get my tickets. I presume the other will still be valid? Anyone want it? Send us a pm.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Still no loyalty code. Have booked pink moon though.

My brother has a loyalty code for 2 picnics so can use thar and then hopefully I get mine soon as it's for 3 picnics so tickets will be cheaper on that.
    Need 4 in total altogether so prob just get 2 and then another 2 once I get my code. If it ever comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Dukie wrote: »
    Morning all, just about to get tickets for my 3rd EP.
    Stayed in the 2 man tent in Pinkmoon this year and it was ideal. Group are talking about moving to the 2 man tippee this year. I just noticed that these are single skin tents.
    Has anyone had any experience of staying in these? Space wise they seem a good choice but don't fancy the condensation / water risk...
    I stayed in the rainbow tipi in 2016. It lashed all weekend and we stayed dry as long as we kept the zip completely closed. Also found it extremely spacious. I stayed in 2 man in 2017 and found it so tiny, I will definitely go back to rainbow tipi next year. Also found the rainbow tipi area quieter and cleaner. At the 2 man area, it was filthy and noisy. However.... I saw someone said on here, that their tipi had holes in it and leaked this year. It may be a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Was in boutique this year, the constant ****e dance music drone from fairground was a minus point for me. Is pink moon better in this regard? How do shower/loo facilities compare? PM location looked to be a huge plus

Snarky Snark Snark

PM is on t'other side of the estate so you don't hear the fairground at all, that said, it's not completely quiet at night and ear plugs are recommended anyway and would probably solve the issue in the boutique area.

mocata wrote: »
    Was in boutique this year, the constant ****e dance music drone from fairground was a minus point for me. Is pink moon better in this regard? How do shower/loo facilities compare? PM location looked to be a huge plus

Depending on location but you might hear some noise from main stage & EA but it's not interruptive and doesn't stop sleep.
    Toilets & Showers are very well maintained, Monday morning was prob the worst I seen them, had to check three before finding loo paper but there was still a guy cleaning at that stage (06.30am).
    They have a bar / cafe on site too, have never eaten there but they have coffee for the morning!
    I thought last year had more effort - they'd a one man band playing at the bar and beanbags for chilling out, none of that this year.
    You walk straight into EA & Comedy tent,vthe location is top notch.
    Haven't been in Boutique do I can't compare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Looks like the family installment tickets are now gone and before I got any loyalty code despite filling in the form !

• Advertisement

Have stayed in the pink moon/podpads area and stayed in the other boutique area and the pink moon/podpads area is much better. The separate easy access entrance/exit is a huge plus.
    In the other boutique area, you have to trek through Hendrix and the arena entrance there is always really busy.
    There is a separate laneway supposedly for the boutique area on that side but in the 3 years I stayed in that boutique area, I got to use it ONCE. Every other time, there was always some excuse or other for filtering everyone through Hendrix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement