Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Anybody know if redzone is back this year? Sky tv guide seems unusable on mobile.

Week 1 is on SSM, assume that it will be for the full season.

Roll on 6pm Sunday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Week 1 is on SSM, assume that it will be for the full season.

Roll on 6pm Sunday!!

6pm Sunday? Feck that, we're good to go in 15 hours!! :D

Tomorrow begins the cycle of rough Mondays, and occasionally Tuesdays and Fridays. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

High-ankle sprain for Myles Garrett. Generally that's a 4-6 week recovery, per Rapoport.

The Browns just can't catch a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Would you laugh or cry if you were a fan?

I'm reminded of that video of the Ravens game a couple of years ago when they have up a TD on a kick off to lose the game, and you can just hear a guy laughing and despairing in disbelief, saying "I ****ing hate the browns, I ****ing hate the browns!"

I'm reminded of that video of the Ravens game a couple of years ago when they have up a TD on a kick off to lose the game, and you can just hear a guy laughing and despairing in disbelief, saying "I ****ing hate the browns, I ****ing hate the browns!"

The 'factory of sadness' video rants on youtube are still some of my favourite NFL videos - poor bastards! Not sure if it was a play on Old Trafford's 'theatre of dreams' nickname but I really hope it is. :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    High-ankle sprain for Myles Garrett. Generally that's a 4-6 week recovery, per Rapoport.

The Browns just can't catch a break.

FFS.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We're back, boys :D

Chiefs @ Patriots
    Cardinals @ Lions
    Falcons @ Bears
    Ravens @ Bengals
    Jets @ Bills
    Raiders @ Titans
    Jaguars @ Texans
    Steelers @ Browns
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Buccaneers @ Dolphins

Colts @ Rams
    Seahawks @ Packers
    Panthers @ 49ers
    Giants @ Cowboys
    Saints @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Broncos

I genuinely think Jets have a decent chance to beat the Bills this weekend.

Edit: Changed to Cowboys winning as I think Odell won't play

Was that the game they had a field goal to win from about 40-50 yards, it gets blocked and the Ravens ran the ball back for the winning TD with no time left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

So excited for tonight :D
    I know the Chiefs are massive underdogs but should hopefully be an exciting game and we've always a punchers chance (I think better than a punchers chance but am well aware that I'm biased).
    Really looking forward to see how Justin Houston looks

Football's back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Chiefs are my cheeky pick to make the Super Bowl. Still picking the Pats tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Was that the game they had a field goal to win from about 40-50 yards, it gets blocked and the Ravens ran the ball back for the winning TD with no time left?

That's the one, midway through 2015 season.

I saw the Browns defense very aggressive and busy against the Giants early on in preseason, so this might be a tight opening game with Bell only back in camp since Sept 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

conor222 wrote: »
    So excited for tonight :D
    I know the Chiefs are massive underdogs but should hopefully be an exciting game and we've always a punchers chance (I think better than a punchers chance but am well aware that I'm biased).
    Really looking forward to see how Justin Houston looks

Football's back!

I like the Chiefs tonight myself with the points. Hard to see them winning outright, but it is possible the Pats fall flat tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Chiefs @ Patriots
    Cardinals @ Lions
    Falcons @ Bears
    Ravens @ Bengals
    Jets @ Bills
    Raiders @ Titans
    Jaguars @ Texans
    Steelers @ Browns
    Eagles @ Redskins

Colts @ Rams
    Seahawks @ Packers
    Panthers @ 49ers
    Giants @ Cowboys
    Saints @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

dfx- wrote: »
    That's the one, midway through 2015 season.

I saw the Browns defense very aggressive and busy against the Giants early on in preseason, so this might be a tight opening game with Bell only back in camp since Sept 1.

The Kick-Six :D

Chiefs @ Patriots
    Cardinals @ Lions
    Falcons @ Bears
    Ravens @ Bengals
    Jets @ Bills
    Raiders @ Titans
    Jaguars @ Texans
    Steelers @ Browns
    Eagles @ Redskins
    Buccaneers @ Dolphins
    Colts @ Rams
    Seahawks @ Packers
    Panthers @ 49ers
    Giants @ Cowboys
    Saints @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

Time for the Browns to start the long journey back to respectability (without pick 1 Garrett though for the first part of the season).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I like the Chiefs tonight myself with the points. Hard to see them winning outright, but it is possible the Pats fall flat tonight.

Nah we're unveiling banner 5, a packed Gillette stadium, don't think we're falling anywhere personally. The D might be a bit susceptible but Brady just has too many options to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I'll go Chiefs tonight for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Im going with a low scoring game tonight... Say 21-7 with the Pats in complete control at all times..

The Chiefs can be some team for hanging in there with just about anyone regardless of the circumstances. Cooks is going to be a good addition but no Edelman could hurt a bit. Pats will win but Chiefs could keep it within a score... I'm going to say 20-14 to NE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'm full of optimism tonight and think we will put up 35 points on the Chiefs tonight, how many we give up will another matter :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I'm full of optimism tonight and think we will put up 35 points on the Chiefs tonight, how many we give up will another matter :D
    I hope you're right, just want some entertainment and Kelce/Gronk both going wild!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

D9Male wrote: »
    I'll go Chiefs tonight for the craic.
    Me too, the NFL is a funny league, and week 1 is when it's at it's funniest, the chiefs winning is unlikely to even be the weirdest thing that happens this weekend.

Chiefs by seven. Kelce to outscore gronk 2:1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The offseason.

tenor.gif

ObedientFairAmbushbug.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Camera men working double time to zoom in or switch view when a Goodell clown shirt or flag appears on screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Pats offense taking the field first.

@DougKyed

Chiefs won the toss and chose to defer. Patriots fans are chanting Roger. There's a lot going on.

LOL

Ok now for the game, hopefully we can get a good lead and then we can jump on the Rodger is a clown train again.

@xmasape

Marcus Peters sitting during the anthem
    @PFTCommenter

Rob gronkowski stands up when he hear's any song

Nice run by White

Cooks looking sharp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mad to think it's the first game of the season and we already can't afford to suffer any more injuries to the Offense.

Advertisement