Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts (T120+ onwards) Winter 2018 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Outer reaches of FI again finishes with a cold blocked chart - this time a huge siberian/Scandinavia high driving -8c uppers back in from the East.

gfsnh-0-384.png?0

Hopefully ECM starts coming on board with next week's northerly this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Not sure that's fair tbh, the GFS is posted more in FI threads because it goes much further out into FI than the ECM.

What I mean is that even within less than the FI period, say 2 or 3 days out, the GFS still has a 1 or 2-degree cold bias in 850 temps.

But even at 10 days out we rarely see the ECM showing scenarios as cold as the GFS, and let's be honest, this is pretty much how it pans out in reality.

I'm thinking this may end up a halfway house between GFS and ECM, with the high not sinking fully but letting some colder air into the north before ridging over Ireland - not unlike this week.
    We would need some fairly big changes from the ECM soon for the colder and possibly snowy option to work out. Likewise I can't see the high sinking fully and warm south westerlies coming in, not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

That LP is back again on the GFS 12Z. Still 8 days out though!

GFSOPEU12_198_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

The Only saviour of hope I get from this absolute football of Model runs lately is that it’s a recurring cold signal that keeps getting picked up.

If we don’t get some sort of cold event in December well then father dougal maguire might aswell be running the charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

The GFS is out further on weatheronline and at t372 we have an easterly folks!

17121500_2900.gif

17121500_2900.gif

can't see what can possibly go wrong from here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

pad199207 wrote: »
    The Only saviour of hope I get from this absolute football of Model runs lately is that it’s a recurring cold signal that keeps getting picked up.

If we don’t get some sort of cold event in December well then father dougal maguire might aswell be running the charts.

Is it a signal at all though if it never gets out of FI
    This is the same as last year
    If anything the tilt of the high may rise temps a bit over the weekend!

Em...confused now. Meteociel has entirely different charts? See below. Anyone?

gfs-0-372.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭highdef

gfs-0-372.png?12

That's more in line with what I am seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

I think Rebelbrowser is looking at the 06z...

• Advertisement

Well its labelled 12z on weatheronline but perhaps, despite that, its showing the 6z still. Was there an easterly like that on the 6z does anyone know?

I think thats actually the 00z looking at the time stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

First one from Weatheronline is the 00Z (Wed 00 label in the bottom right), the Meteociel one is the 12Z.

MJohnston wrote: »
    First one from Weatheronline is the 00Z (Wed 00 label in the bottom right), the Meteociel one is the 12Z.

Sorry, I was relying on drop down menu on weatheronline which says otherwise. In any event, I'll get my coat.......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Battleground event again on the 12z. Would give some pasting to high ground in northern areas.

434817.jpg
    434816.jpg

In summary the ECMWF tonight keeps us as is,milder at the weekend early next week as the Atlantic air topples over our high
    It’s NOT a block when that happens
    Attached is T192 where we could see temps up around 10c

Over West you have the specter of lobes of artic lows dipping into the states
    When (not if) they enter the Atlantic ,they’ll easily blast through our Non blocking high which will retreat down to the azores again

Not a pretty picture for coldies from the worlds best model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

None of the big 3 models are great tonight. All with an Atlantic influence into FI.

Slowly but surely it’s looking Game Over for a blocked signal for December.

No point in fooling ourselves or clutching for straws anymore, it’s pure punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

pad199207 wrote:

pad199207 wrote:
    No point in fooling ourselves or clutching for straws anymore, it’s pure punishment.

I'll wait till this time tomorrow night before grabbing the razor blades.

We've been up & down as much as bitcoin these last few days. Nothing is certain yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Come on now please post some charts , some examples , again this is the FI thread , the whole point of it is straw clutching be it cold or mild that you after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Come on now please post some charts , some examples , again this is the FI thread , the whole point of it is straw clutching be it cold or mild that you after.
    Exactly. Sure might as well close the page coz there's been a big down grade on what has been great looking chart :):):) FI means never giving up the hope for n outcome or what's the point. ❄️❄️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Is it time to open up "Fantasy Island"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

At the risk of a public stoning or a week in the stocks, this chart below is a relief & a joy to me. :) I have no desire whatsoever for cold weather and I'm coming out of the closet now as a self-declared 'warm sector' lover.

ecm500.144.png

Comhra wrote: »
    At the risk of a public stoning or a week in the stocks, this chart below is a relief & a joy to me. :) I have no desire whatsoever for cold weather and I'm coming out of the closet now as a self-declared 'warm sector' lover.

ecm500.144.png

That’s actually beautiful
    I can take the covers off the garden furniture

Society may be more accepting today of nearly all views and lifestyles but it will never, I repeat never, accept this kind of perversion. :mad:

ecm500.144.png

Well it’s a lot better than cold charts. At least the warmer charts are nearly guaranteed to come to fruition!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ecm500.144.png

I don’t love seeing this chart , I love the sentiment behind it , I’ve been saying this for a while but this is FI for cold or Mild , fair play for posting but hope it doesn’t come off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Darwin

Be sure to bring in the deck chairs before Friday 8th :pac:

UCkGMut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Presumably this is what MT is referring to in his daily forecast today?
    What kind of event would this lead too if verified?? Aware its a week out still.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Darwin wrote: »
    Be sure to bring in the deck chairs before Friday 8th :pac:

UCkGMut.jpg

That's more like it! C'mon the doom :pac::pac::pac:!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement