Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's daily terror attack location is Belgium.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Zebra3 wrote: »
    None, but your question is not related to the point I made.

It is completely related, you say that bombings of the terrorist's countrys of origins is the cause of the terror attacks in the west despite many of them being from countrys not being bombed by western forces, such as morocco

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

wakka12 wrote: »
    It is completely related, you say that bombings of the terrorist's countrys of origins is the cause of the terror attacks in the west despite many of them being from countrys not being bombed by western forces, such as morocco

No, I said that if western war crimes stop, less people will be forced to/want to leave their homelands for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

We make people with our shared values, people who are not trying to kill us jump through hoops to get here. Whilst we offer a Taxi service for the dregs of the planet, and I mean the absolute DREGs of the planet. The ****test, dumbest, most uncivilised dregs of planet earth are getting a Taxi and we make people who can genuinely contribute to our society jump through hoops. This why is just doesn't add up for me???

it doesn't add up because it's nonsense. the rules are there for all, if governments decide to waver those rules for some then that is down to government. it doesn't mean the rules aren't there, they are, they should be enforced.
    there are some absolute dregs who will have got through the proper channels, some people are bad, that's how it is . the idea that only dregs are coming from the med while anyone coming through the proper channels are choir boys and girls is drivel.
    i presume you will be able to provide evidence that every single person being rescued from the med are the "****test, dumbest, most uncivilised dregs of planet earth" . some very may well be, but all of them? nope. calling hords of people what you called them is the same nonsense the jews would have got thrown at them in 1930s germany.
    it's this hysterical nonsense spouted by the far right, including posters like yourself, that make a debate on this issue difficult. because instead of debating the issue, the hysterical nonsense has to be debunked and corrected to bring reality to the table, meaning that ends up taking priority rather then trying to come up with fair and just ideas on tackling it. because there is a solution there that doesn't involve attacking people or leaving people to die, it needs to be debated on and sorted out by the politicians but it is there.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Yeah, there's a certain element of problem to not being able to focus on the actual issues because people are distracted calming down the screaming "white genocide" hysteria (amongst other delightful options) and hoping the rise in home-grown, nativist fundamentalism is a temporary aberration rather than the darker side of our own cultures coming to the fore (I think this rise of fundamentalism is common to both the Middle East and in western societies, likely as a reaction although it was always lurking; to some extent because we're just at the danger point where we have few WW2 survivors left and have forgotten what mass war was like) . Believe me, I am far more afraid of that taking deep root because it is native to our own cultures than I am at the notion of a foreign culture becoming a national identity of Ireland. I do not see that happening because the vast majority of natives will not be amenable to it and its more psychotic notions are clearly visible and not part of our values. But this insidious rise of nationalism, alt-right lunacy and some of the nastier elements of that alt-right lunacy slowly filtering into more mainstream right-wing beliefs and issues is worrying.

It's not to say they don't have some good points. The problem is it's really bloody hard to focus on those points and do anything about them when they're buried in hysteria about the browning of Europe, mandatory Sharia law, the planned extinction of the white race (apparently by other whites, but okay) and evil dregs of humanity being rescued from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Wait.... what's a Dreg? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

chupacabra wrote: »
    Wait.... what's a Dreg? :confused:

A fierce native warrior of the Klatchian desert.

The dregs of a glass of wine/beer is the bitty bit at the end that no-one drinks because it's bitter. Or in the context of the charmer above, apparently refugees.
    Spider Web The fashion of people downplaying the attacks in Europe in order to show how "above it all" they are - and whatabouting and accusing people of hysteria, and saying you could be killed in a traffic accident more easily, is quite disrespectful to the victims in my opinion.

It's like getting their dig in is more important than what's happened.

Only responding to the bit relevant to my post. No, what's hysterical is blathering on about white genocide and that refugees are being brought in to eradicate the white race, which is a loony notion that's starting to filter into mainstream right-wing and has been referenced in this thread. That is actually hysterical nonsense and damn well deserved to be called out.

Don't know about the rest of it, but pretty sure it didn't apply to me, so not going to get involved in that :P

Advertisement