Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's daily terror attack location is Belgium.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks Merkel!!!1! Or something like that.

Merkel did the right thing. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Irish Catholics are members of the IRA! .. but it's another thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Merkel did the right thing. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Irish Catholics are members of the IRA! .. but it's another thread:)

Can't find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Bloody Hindu's.

I'd say it was those Sikhs or actually scratch that it defo the Buddhists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Merkel did most certainly not do the right thing. Europe will be a much darker place because of her actions in the future. As a parent of two girls her policies have me worried about their future.

RasTa wrote: »
    Not an actual terrorist, you can't stop these.

Actually police in Belgium have just announced this was a terrorist.

Who'd have tunk it huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The tabloid newspapers have asked them to stop this, as Gary in Graphics dept is tired of updating the map and said he is running out of space.

e-uu.jpg

17 attacks over two years, sure that's practically every day! *screams hysterically*

I'd say the OP has a long night ahead of him, what with him reporting all the knife crime on a Friday night around Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

dav3 wrote:
    I'd say the OP has a long night ahead of him, what with him reporting all the knife crime on a Friday night around Europe.

dav3 wrote:
    17 attacks over two years, sure that's practically every day! *screams hysterically*

People like you are part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

dav3 wrote: »

A man shot on Friday after attacking two soldiers with a knife in Brussels has died, Belgium's federal prosecutors said, adding they were treating the event as an attempted terrorist murder.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/machetewielding-man-shot-dead-in-brussels-after-attempted-terrorist-murder-36070002.html

Let the humiliating back tracking begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I wonder if they're linked? Two attacks on high profile targets in separate countries within minutes of each other...

What do you want? After hours becoming "hourly terror alert news"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

MysticMonk wrote: »

Or another way of looking at it would be the re-regs and sock puppet accounts sitting in front of their computers with raging hard-ons right now at the thought of ramping up some hysteria are very much part of the problem.

People gunned down on our streets on an almost weekly basis…meh
    Drink driving responsible for killing hundreds of people in this country so far this decade…meh
    The suicide rate still in the hundreds per year in this country…meh
    Someone gets stabbed by a dark skinned person hundreds of miles away…holy sh*t time to spam every internet forum in Ireland.

Let's not kid ourselves that the type of person who starts these types of threads gives a f*ck about Irish people and the future of Ireland. They don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

What do you want? After hours becoming "hourly terror alert news"

I think a "Terror attack" forum is called for

And/or

terror.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014–present)

45 attacks since the Charlie hebdo attack 2.5 years ago, dozens of other foiled terrorist plots also.
    Besides the fact that your numbers are wrong, if it had been just 17 attacks in the last two years that would still sound like a lot to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Least not forget the hundreds severely injured, traumatised, or worse.
    Still on the bright side, probably just another couple of generations until harmonisation.

There is an old proverb "Speak softly and carry a big stick", all well and good suppose, for making a point.
    But this is more like "Should loudly, and wave the big stick, every so often, in random or unexpected places".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Any other organisations attacking countries in Europe in the past had demands that could be negotiated with on different levels

This has no end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

People gunned down on our streets on an almost weekly basis…meh
    Drink driving responsible for killing hundreds of people in this country so far this decade…meh
    The suicide rate still in the hundreds per year in this country…meh
    Someone gets stabbed by a dark skinned person hundreds of miles away…holy sh*t time to spam every internet forum in Ireland.

Stop right now, and join the campaign against diabetes, that's the real mass killer.

Or alternatively have a read and see if you can see why one of these isn't like the others...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-14/stop-telling-me-how-dangerous-my-bathtub-is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

People who don't hate all Muslims are part of the problem.

Liberals don't backtrack. They disappear whilst shouting racist during their retreat when it becomes clear it's another attack from the elephant in the room.

RayM wrote:
    People who don't hate all Muslims are part of the problem.

As are muslims who hate all non-muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Meanwhile over in America, president trump has said another stupid thing, just like he did yesterday, the day before and the day before that ..etc
    And he has a guy walking behind him with a button to a nuclear arsenal....we should be very afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nermal wrote: »
    Stop right now, and join the campaign against diabetes, that's the real mass killer.

To be fair, after a couple of decades of eating custard creams, doughnuts and 3 spoons of sugar in the tea, you can almost guarantee seeing the big wheels of 'diabetes Type 2' rolling up without much of a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Meanwhile over in America, president trump has said another stupid thing, just like he did yesterday, the day before and the day before that ..etc
    And he has a guy walking behind him with a button to a nuclear arsenal....we should be very afraid!

Yes it's all Trumps fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Trump is the least of our worries chap.

Trump is the least of our worries chap.

Trump is the only one making any sense on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Thankfully people like Douglas Murray and others exist.

This is a great read

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Death-Europe-Immigration-Identity/dp/1472942248

Noel82 wrote: »
    Thankfully people like Douglas Murray and others exist.

This is a great read

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Death-Europe-Immigration-Identity/dp/1472942248

It's getting phenomenal amazon reviews from readers who bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

worded wrote: »
    It's getting phenomenal amazon reviews from readers who bought it

And rightly so. Even if you know nearly everything in the book, you'll still be impressed by how well written it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Augme

As non muslims we could well be in a generation or two.
    The attacks are part and parcel of the migration..called Hiraj..jihad by stealth.

Are there actually people out there who are thick enough to believe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

If same happened in Ireland, what would unarmed Garda do?

bobbyss wrote: »
    If same happened in Ireland, what would unarmed Garda do?

I've been thinking about that one.

Firstly we are cute hures, and I suspect that we are playing it down and have a plan in place already.

Some of the buskers on grafton st, are infact counter terrorism police in disguise. The give away is that they can only sing wonder wall on repeat.

Also some of the sports shops and tourist shops On grafton st and popular tourist streets have their Hurley sticks located near the front doors. These are in fact an arms cache for the local Gardai in case of attack. These will be used to beat the livin sh1te out of any terroriste cornered, they will be neutralised by the ash ....

A guard with a modified Hurley stick versus someone with a sword .... the sword bearer has no chance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4QmM8Mpysw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

So after reading various (reputable eg bbc) reports of Belgium attack the gist is:
    A guy with a KNIFE ran at ARMED SOLDIERS shout Allah Akbar
    Should I even bother with knife to a gunfight...
    Month python couldn't make it up.

Hardly qualifies for Virgins etc?

Advertisement