Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

My son was born with a few of those "strawberry birthmarks" as the midwife in holles street called them.

They were all gone with in 3 years (thankfully)......scum like that purposely spreading misinfo deserve a severe kicking.

Shame there is no vaccination for stupidity/scumbaggery.....

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

She was just speaking up for the families whose daughters were damaged by the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Big Gerry wrote: »
    No idea I'm not "anti vax" per say and I have no involvement with either of those two individuals.

I Just don't understand how people can think vaccines carry no risk and we should believe without question whatever Doctors or the HSE tell us as if their infallible.

Its like during the boom if you questioned mainstream economists you were seen as some sort of crank.

https://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

She was just speaking up for the families whose daughters were damaged by the vaccine.
    Well she has now backtracked on her comments - why would she do this if her comments weren't harmful?

She also previously said that the compulsory vaccination of children, which was introduced in Italy, was "medical tyranny".
    Dangerous comment from a public representative!

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/they-dont-reflect-my-current-view-or-sinn-fein-policy-td-retracts-controversial-hpv-comments-38954563.html

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

I would be very surprised if any one of those girls were damaged by that vaccine. I spoke with a neurologist in Temple street a couple of years ago who said that he dealt with a lot of referrals of girls after the hpv vaccine. Not even one of them could be backed up with medical tests. He said the problems were psychological and often driven by scaremongering!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Except that they weren't.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    I spoke with a neurologist in Temple street a couple of years ago who said that he dealt with a lot of referrals of girls after the hpv vaccine. Not even one of them could be backed up with medical tests. He said the problems were psychological and often driven by scaremongering!

Wow. Just wow. That's some Senpai level of Gasligthing right there and an insult to many families left with ill children who had an adverse reaction to HPV.

Even the States own watchdog disagree...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/almost-650-girls-needed-medical-intervention-after-hpv-vaccine-1.3217346

You should go check Jonathan Irwin's story. His autobiography is still available and he's given plenty of interviews with Irish media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Wow. Just wow. That's some Senpai level of Gasligthing right there and an insult to many families left with ill children who had an adverse reaction to HPV.

Are you talking about the girls that Regret say were "vaccine injured"? The ones that they won't allow talk to the HSE? The number that keeps changing?

HPV is safe and effective. There are no injured girls. People like you are pro-cancer and are killing people.

NB Jonathan Irwin is a clown. And unscientific, idiotic, clown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Even the States own watchdog disagree...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/almost-650-girls-needed-medical-intervention-after-hpv-vaccine-1.3217346

Define medical intervention.

From your link:
    The Health Products Regulatory Authority has received 1,099 reports of adverse reactions and events associated with the use of the vaccine, but it said that this should not be taken as evidence of a causal link and that the benefits continue to outweigh the potential risks.
    You should go check Jonathan Irwin's story. His autobiography is still available and he's given plenty of interviews with Irish media.

Is he just some guy who spouts anti-vaxxer approved anecdotes?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Define medical intervention.

From your link:

Is he just some guy who spouts anti-vaxxer approved anecdotes?

Jonathon Irwin is the founder of the Jack and Jill foundation. He says his daughters health problems are down to gardasil and he is quite vocal about it.

• Advertisement

Jonathon Irwin is the founder of the Jack and Jill foundation. He says his daughters health problems are down to gardasil and he is quite vocal about it.
    "My objective in telling Molly's story is to tell the truth of what happened to our daughter, plain and simple, without exaggeration or drama and to urge the HSE to give full details to parents about the possible side effects of this vaccine."

"I am not anti-vaccine. I am just a very concerned parent telling the truth. The reality for us as a family."

This sounds familiar.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This sounds familiar.

Incredibly familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's worth noting at this point that while the two founders of Jack & Jill have gone fairly off the rails, they're no longer involved in the charity. So don't let their behaviour reflect on the good work of the charity.

seamus wrote: »
    It's worth noting at this point that while the two founders of Jack & Jill have gone fairly off the rails, they're no longer involved in the charity. So don't let their behaviour reflect on the good work of the charity.

I don't want to be overly caustic about someone who spends their time helping sick kids but if he's no longer involved then that helps separate the two.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Orion wrote: »
    HPV is safe and effective. There are no injured girls. People like you are pro-cancer and are killing people.

The adverse reactions listed by the government's own watchdog would disagree. Maybe read my original post.

Jonathan Irwin co-founded of the Jack and Jill foundation after retiring having made his fortune from the bloodstock industry and has a severely ill daughter after she had an averse reaction from the HPV vaccine.

Averse reactions to vaccines happen. Scientific fact.

More importantly, shame on you for beshmersing the founder of one of the most successful charities for terminally ill children in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The adverse reactions listed by the government's own watchdog would disagree. Maybe read my original post.

Jonathan Irwin co-founded of the Jack and Jill foundation after retiring having made his fortune from the bloodstock industry and has a severely ill daughter after she had an averse reaction from the HPV vaccine.

More importantly, shame on you for beshmersing the founder of one of the most successful charities for terminally ill children in this country.

It's nice he ran a charity. How is he qualified to state anything about vaccines? I'm not going to watch some anti-vax crank youtube video; is his complaint that parents cannot get the Gardasil information pamphlets showing potential problems? All medication has risk. Feel free to stop taking it, if you're worried.

This guy's unhappy his kid might've had an adverse reaction to a vaccine, (was there ever a case taken up?) and maybe is looking to turn it into some more $$, plus he's now hanging with the murderous anti-vax crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,835 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

jyp7f4r1ktf41.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't say this enough, there are negative reactions to vaccines. I say this as someone who is pro vaccine. Those reactions, affect a minority of people. The serious reactions that are mentioned above are classified as serious if a GP or Nurse as a minimum was called on. This includes those people who faint at the thought of needles, those who get a minor localised response. In fact that is the majority of the minority cases. There was a great video earlier in the thread about a comparison between an island of 100,000 people who were all vaccinated and an island of 100,000 people who were not. I suggest people go back and look at it as it is a great visual queue for what happens.

Some people cannot get vaccines, a great example is Chicken Pox. That is right, Chicken Pox. You may not realise but it does kill people, it is not a high rate but it happens. I know our parents encouraged it, some went to pox parties (too late by the way at that point), but overall no one really thinks of it as a terrible disease. The US actually is a country that actually uses the chicken pox vaccine widely, mainly for convenience but there was a known effect that happened that people hadn't thought of. So after it became common, the death rate lowered significantly over the next few years. In fact, the amazing point in one paper was that no child under a year old died of chicken pox, from, if I remember correctly about 6 years after the introduction of the vaccine. This is great because, really young kids really get a ****ty deal from it.

But wait, young kids are not cleared for the vaccine. In fact, it was never approved for under 1 years of age by the FDA. Obviously to some, this meant that it was all fake news.

For those with a bit of sense, this is a great example of herd immunity. Kids didn't get it because older siblings, cousins, friends, communities were not carrying it. Herd immunity saved a few 100 lives.

Vaccines are awesome, there are negative effects for a small number of people. Thankfully drug trials and stage 4 monitoring help lower this number. This number is also reduced if people note an adverse reaction, no matter how minor and report it to their GP, they might be in the small minority who shouldn't get future vaccines etc.

Undoubtedly my words will be misrepresented or misquoted, but then I look at those who twist them and I realise, they want nature to take it's course and thin out the herd. I think people with that mentality don't deserve my attention anymore, they will probably live as long as me and thank no vaccines not realising that it was the rest of us that probably helped protect their family. So I will do the decent thing and ignore them. Manners cost nothing, I won't wait around for a thank you as their level of ignorance means it will never come and I was raised better than that.

I did. It didn't say anything even remotely like what you think it said.

She didn't.
    We're talking about the HPV vaccine. So in relation to that actual science says you're wrong. Very very wrong.

He's an antivaxxer who spouts absolute lies about a vaccine that saves lives. Shame on him - he's killing people. His previous good work is irrelevant. He is dangerous and should STFU. Shame on you for supporting his dangerous bull.

Are you talking about the girls that Regret say were "vaccine injured"? The ones that they won't allow talk to the HSE? The number that keeps changing?

HPV is safe and effective
    . There are no injured girls. People like you are pro-cancer and are killing people.

"safe and effective" is a marketing term not a medical phrase.

You are just repeating marketing propaganda when you say something is "safe and effective".

• Advertisement

"safe and effective" is a marketing term not a medical medical phrase.

You are just repeating marketing propaganda when you say something is "safe and effective".

Same for vaccine injury and vaccine damage but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you.

H. H. Asquith

Same for vaccine injury and vaccine damage but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you.

I'm not aware of any corporations that market the term vaccine injury ?

"safe and effective" is a marketing term not a medical phrase.

Seat-belts injure and kill - but they are safe and effective. It's not a "marketing term", it's a definition.

I don't know who are worse, anti-vaxxers or their "I'm just concerned about vaccine safety" enablers.

Plenty of hack doctors and quacks do.

H. H. Asquith

Mercola would be an obvious one that does.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Seat-belts injure and kill - but they are safe and effective. It's not a "marketing term", it's a definition.

I don't know who are worse, anti-vaxxers or their "I'm just concerned about vaccine safety" enablers.

I think that Venn diagram is a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Since the anti vaxxers stopped vaccinating their kids, diseases like mumps and measles are mutating and developing into new strains so even if you had a vaccination for mumps or measles you can contract the disease as your current vaccination wont guard against the new mutated strains. Theres a large number of vaccinated people getting illnesses like mumps which are highly contagious and dangerous for babies, old people and people with weakened immune systems.

Anti vaxxers should be fined or charged with manslaughter in some cases and their kids should not be allowed to attend public schools.

Since the anti vaxxers stopped vaccinating their kids, diseases like mumps and measles are mutating and developing into new strains so even if you had a vaccination for mumps or measles you can contract the disease as your current vaccination wont guard against the new mutated strains. Theres a large number of vaccinated people getting illnesses like mumps which are highly contagious and dangerous for babies, old people and people with weakened immune systems.

Anti vaxxers should be fined or charged with manslaughter in some cases and their kids should not be allowed to attend public schools.

Your argument makes no sense.

If vaccines were really so "safe and effective" large numbers of vaccinated people should be immune from certain diseases.

Or maybe vaccines are not as "effective" as claimed.

A company like Merck are totally honest and above board ?

https://www.legalexaminer.com/health/massive-fraud-in-merck-mmr-vaccine-testing/

According to the whistleblowers’ court documents, Merck’s misconduct was far-ranging: It “failed to disclose that its mumps vaccine was not as effective as Merck represented, (ii) used improper testing techniques, (iii) manipulated testing methodology, (iv) abandoned undesirable test results, (v) falsified test data, (vi) failed to adequately investigate and report the diminished efficacy of its mumps vaccine, (vii) falsely verified that each manufacturing lot of mumps vaccine would be as effective as identified in the labeling, (viii) falsely certified the accuracy of applications filed with the FDA, (ix) falsely certified compliance with the terms of the CDC purchase contract, (x) engaged in the fraud and concealment describe herein for the purpose of illegally monopolizing the U.S. market for mumps vaccine, (xi) mislabeled, misbranded, and falsely certified its mumps vaccine, and (xii) engaged in the other acts described herein to conceal the diminished efficacy of the vaccine the government was purchasing.”[/I]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You're quoting part of this web page supplied by some crank anti-vax Florida politician. There's no *legal* decision to quote so far - these things take time.

FWIW, the solution to the *possible* ineffectiveness of the Merck MMR vs. Mumps is a booster shot, the problem appears to be waning immunity.

And yeah, people in Ireland are getting the mumps, largely due to idiot anti-vaxxers spewing sh1te online.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/merck-mumps-motions-whistleblowers-the-actual-story/

• Advertisement

If vaccines were really so "safe and effective" large numbers of vaccinated people should be immune from certain diseases.

jesus christ

Read
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/whatifstop.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement