Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4Chan with another brilliant trolling social commentary

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

And here lies the problem those individuals might be disagreeable but they wouldn't fit with the original alt-right seriously look at a few articles about the "early" movement.
    People are skeptical of the whole violently resisting a Nazi ideas precisely because of this, they see how the definition just expands to include anyone disliked by the hard left.

This is the problem with casually calling anyone who disagrees with your opinions sexist, racist, homophobic or nazi.

Thanks to the far left crying nazi so often and so freely, that same word that has rightly been used to describe the scumbags carrying swastika flags a few weeks ago was also used against the likes of Dave Rubin and Ben Shapiro!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

The "original" alt-right and the "current" alt-right. You'll have to excuse my ignorance as to the difference. The Tea Party in America would be original alt-right yeah? in modern terms. What about Britain? Is it the BNP? Probably not as they were already quite overtly bigoted and that seems to be the one thing that the term alt-right wants to shy away from like a duck avoiding water. Poor duck though, gonna have to get its arse wet at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The term alt-right is essentially used by, and used for, two similar ideologies of entirely separate origin. The first is the classic, traditional white nationalist movement, which has its roots in plain old fashioned racism (and is largely championed by older folks and their descendants), while the second is an entirely reactionary movement which has been born as a counterpoint to the extreme SJW movement. The problem is that these two movements have merged and are feeding off eachother - hence the election of Trump and other recent developments. There's very little we can do about old-school racism except to continue opposing it, but we can 100% stop fuelling the growth of the reactionary movement among young people if we try to attack and oppose the current culture, particularly in the mainstream media and in colleges, of attacking young white males simple because they are white and male, telling them they should be ashamed of who they are, that they should automatically be at the bottom of every single pecking order from who gets to speak to who gets accepted into groups, colleges, companies etc, just because of the identity they were born into.

Hell, we had a thread here on Boards just a month or two ago which outlined how prevalent the whole "men are the root of all evil and the cause of literally every problem society has, and every man should feel guilt on behalf of his gender" trope has become in mainstream "polite" society - this has to stop, and if it doesn't, the alt-right will continue to grow. It's that simple. Action, reaction. This applies to human psychology every bit as much as it applies to physics.

so Sarah Palin and Nigel Farage would be alt-right in political terms? And lets say, Nick Griffin would have merged into the alt-right? I am unaware who the leader of the BNP is now due to my lack of caring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

I don't know why there's this "alt" stuff. Rightwing is rightwing.

• Advertisement

Spider Web wrote: »
    I don't know why there's this "alt" stuff. Rightwing is rightwing.

I personally see the "alt-right" label as the "I'm not racist but..." tag. Nothing wrong with conservatism. I would consider myself conservative on a good few issues, crime being one of them. But this edgy alt-right nonsense is mostly just innately nasty people finding an excuse to be innately nasty without having to justify it as such. Of course they will tell you they are fighting the good fight against the evil SJW Snowflake Starbucks Coffee Drinkers who are clearly the biggest problem in western society, I mean its so obvious, but in my experience when you break them down its just anger with a lack of perspective and an inability to ignore things that annoy them - so they go and vote for orange jackasses or joke politicians like Nigel Farage claiming "its just common sense" or whatever the f**k.

And christ lets not open the bag on gender issues. Its not them trolling, its intelligent common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Alot of the stories and videos about antifa are fake and made by trolls stirring racial hatred.

Advertisement