Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4Chan with another brilliant trolling social commentary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Remember when AH was fun?

Yup. That was way back now.

Back before people started munching down on 24hr news outlet swill.

If you are out there Superman...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Except the definition of Nazi seems to be anyone who disagrees with Antifa, or simply gets in the way. Here is a video of a peacemaker getting his skull smashed with a bike lock by an Antifa member. The mob has an us versus them mentality. And innocents or neutrals are considered targets too.

That particular piece of dog**** was unmasked by 4chan like some sooby doo villian

That a very pretty face to be walking around the california penal system with :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,863 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Social commentary? I wonder where 4chan stands on misogyny and domestic violence?

Two words for you: "white Sharia".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Alt right edge lords aren't engaged in any kind of social commentary. At best there doing it for the Lolz, and at worst there actual Neo Nazi's. A hive and scum and villainy if you ask me :P.

• Advertisement

Well, seeing as 4chan edge lords made the whole thing up, the answer seems to be no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,299 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Far-right activists are using fake Twitter accounts and images of battered women to smear anti-fascist groups in the US, an online investigation has revealed.
    The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

You know the narrative by now. Violence against women is terrible! But at the same time, punch a Nazi!

Now 4Chan has combined the two into a brilliant social commentary, by hijacking anti-domestic violence images to highlight the absurdity of supporting violence for political reasons. Naturally, the BBC are foaming at the mouth.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/punchnazis?lang=en

DH9v9kYXgAA1dHx.jpg:large

Either you support violence, and everything that goes with it. Including attacking women.
    Or you abhor it, and completely disavow it.

There are no 'special exceptions'.

So what is it, boardsies? Do we reject violence, or is it ok to turn the odd blind eye as long as the Nazi label is loosely thrown around first?

Who ever said there are no special exceptions?

That's a false premise if I've ever seen one.

wes wrote: »
    Well, seeing as 4chan edge lords made the whole thing up, the answer seems to be no.

Noel82 wrote: »

Is that the same protest, where a Milo supporter shot someone?

Shooting victim at Milo Yiannopoulos event wants 'dialogue' not charges

Is that the same protest, where a Milo supporter shot someone?

Shooting victim at Milo Yiannopoulos event wants 'dialogue' not charges

No, but you said there was no such thing as women being attacked for being "nazi's". Again, total hypocrisy and a willingness to ignore it and the usual spin. Also the shooter was acting in self defense, which is fine by me.

• Advertisement

No, but you said there was no such thing as women being attacked for being "nazi's". Again, total hypocrisy and a willingness to ignore it and the usual spin. Also the shooter was acting in self defense, which is fine by me.

Show me something that isn't a youtube video, firstly. Also, I was referring to the 4chan edge lord bull**** campaign. Do keep up, its the whole point of the thread.

Secondly, the claim of self defense is bull****, and if you show up armed to a protest, your not a peaceful protester. You talk about hypocrisy, while defending an armed man who shot someone at a protest. Again, shows up the typical defense for alt right bull****, they show up armed to the teeth and you call them peaceful? Your taking the piss.

Show me something that isn't a youtube video, firstly.

The point is, you said there was no such thing as a Woman being attacked for being a "nazi", I provided a video showing your statement to be absolute horse manure. Shove the rest of your virtue signalling innocence and whataboutery up your arse.

The point is, you said there was no such thing as a Woman being attacked for being a "nazi", I provided a video showing your statement to be absolute horse manure.

My point is that alt right are violent psychopaths, who show up armed to the teeth to "peaceful" protests. Also, again was talking about the alt right 4chan campaign. Again, you need to keep up, its getting beyond sad.

Your video is worthless, as I have no way to know if it was real. I have no idea if it was staged or not, seeing as we know from this thread, that alt right edge lords are happy to make stuff up, when its suits them.
    Shove the rest of your virtue signalling innocence and whataboutery up your arse.

Not whataboutery, when it the same protest, where someone gets shot. Just pointing out "violence on both sides", as your dear leader Trump does :P.

Also, your used "virtue signalling", defended gun toting "peaceful" protester who shot a guy, next up your should talk about "sjws", to complete your alt right bingo card.

Your video is worthless, as I have no way to know if it was real. I have no idea if it was staged or not, seeing as we know from this thread, that alt right edge lords are happy to make stuff up, when its suits them.

lolololololol

Was it not reported in the huffpost?

lolololololol

Was it not reported in the huffpost?

Neither of you linked videos are from the Huffington post...... The 2nd one is from Milo, a notorious bull****ter :D.

Again, you do need to keep up, its not up to me to go looking for evidence to prove your points, that is on you.

All, I got so far, is alt right bingo.

Neither of you linked videos are from the Huffington post...... The 2nd one is from Milo, a notorious bull****ter :D.

Again, you do need to keep up, its not up to me to go looking for evidence to prove your points, that is on you.

All, I got so far, is alt right bingo.

I learned the hard way that debating with people who don't want to budge even when presented with clear cut evidence aren't worth the time.

White supremacists are scum, the communist Antifa are scum. That's it.

I learned the hard way that debating with people who don't want to budge even when presented with clear cut evidence aren't worth the time.

A youtube video is not clear cut, especially when its a thread about 4chan edgelords faking stuff..........
    White supremacists are scum, the communist Antifa are scum. That's it.

No fan of Antifa, but the guys who want to wipe anyone who is non-white off the face of the earth, are objectively worse, than the guys who want to stop, and yes they do use violence, when they shouldn't. One has a legitimate goal (stopping Nazi), whose methods are problematic (Antifa that is). The other side goal is genocide.

A youtube video is not clear cut

In this case, yes it is.
    No fan of Antifa, but the guys who want to wipe anyone who is non-white off the face of the earth, are objectively worse, than the guys who want to stop, and yes they do use violence, when they shouldn't. One has a legitimate goal (stopping Nazi), whose methods are problematic. The other side goal is genocide.

There's your problem, you're an apologist for antifa. You believe they are only attacking "Nazi's" and that's their goal, the reality is entirely different.

In this case, yes it is.

There's your problem, you're an apologist for antifa. You believe they are only attacking "Nazi's" and that's their goal, the reality is entirely different.

There stated goal is to fight facists. Nazi's stated goal is genocide. There is no comparison between the 2, and I could call you a Nazi apologist, if you want to get in that kind of silliness.

Also, a youtube video from "toxic male". I have no way of knowing when that video was taken, or if the title accurately describes anything. Seriously, the amount of bull**** on youtube, and you expect me to believe random videos from alt right youtubers? Again, your taking the piss.

You made no mention of that in your original post, and seeing as the thread is about 4chan troll campaign, I taught you were referring to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Both Communists and Nazis are scumbags.

World would be better off without both ****, half-baked ideologies

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

It's somewhat ironic that the best publicity the neo-Nazis and far-right get is from Antifa activists.

this is incorrect. You just don't like antifa activists.
    you see how you are distorting reality in your head to create a narrative that appeases you - apply that to the new nazis and to the antifa people you so hate.

this is basically the problem with all edgelords. they lack perspective yet have such passionate and strong beliefs on issues they know f-all about... and now they are on the internet telling people how smart they are. The type that give out about and hate the phrase "woke" while not realising they are just another side to that same coin.

There stated goal is to fight facists. Nazi's stated goal is genocide.

They are anti Capitalism, pro communism. They say they are anti fascist, but what do they achieve when they act like fascists themselves? All they're doing is leveling the worst aspects of the extreme right with the extreme left.

They are anti Capitalism, pro communism.

Some are, and some aren't. Its a loose movement, kind of like Anonymous, albeit they aren't just online.
    They say they are anti fascist, but what do they achieve when they act like fascists themselves? All they're doing is leveling the worst aspects of the extreme right with the extreme left.

Sure, if we are talking about Stalin, and his ilk yeah, he wasn't any better. The fact is that Antifa is multiple groups with different beliefs. The only thing they have in common is violently opposing fascists. I don't agree with violence, with the exception of self defense.

Some are, and some aren't. Its a loose movement, kind of like Anonymous, albeit they aren't just online.

How do you know that? You tell me video evidence isn't sufficient so I should just take your word for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Your Face wrote: »
    AMERICA.jpg

And herein lies the problem. The adolescent American mind raised on a solid diet of pop culture sees violence as a fun commodity that can be casually traded for social status and popularity.
    The brutal reality is somewhat different, though. You try fighting gangs in real life and it quickly descents into shattered faces, broken skulls, knives, bottles, and eyeballs hanging out of their sockets. It's not cute Batman style 'kerpow!' knockouts, with the enemy nursing a mild headache afterwards.
    Make sure you fully understand what you're calling for when you encourage violence. This isn't playground scraps, kiddo.

You couldn't have picked a worse example. Even the hyper liberal Southern Poverty Law Firm have stated that Patriot Prayer, nor it's organiser are considered hate groups or extremists:
    Not even the SPLC, known for using a broad brush when it brands conservative organizations as hate groups, has come to judge Patriot Prayer as harshly as the California Democrat.

The SPLC reportedly does not consider Patriot Prayer to be a hate group, and its organizer, Joey Gibson, is not considered an extremist.

The SPLC actually reported that at a recent rally, Gibson shouted from the stage, “F*** white supremacists!”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/23/san-fran-park-braces-for-patriot-prayer-rally-amid-fears-challenges-from-all-sides.html

But fcuk it, lets just attack them anyway. See, this is precisely the type of non-thinking mob mentality that terrifies me. Just attack the first group you see without even the must cursory of checks first.
    RayM wrote: »
    This reminds me, we haven't heard much from 'Pegida Ireland' since they got chased into a 2 Euro Store on North Earl Street last year.

And we probably wouldn't have heard from these losers at all if Antifa hadn't attacked them and generated publicity for them.

Fail. One of the first replies very clearly states that they are more than happy to use violence against women if they are suspected of being Nazis. And FYI, the punch a Nazi thing was hijacked by 4chan. The original hashtag was very much a genuine meme, with the Guardian, Vice, and New Statesman happily discussing the merits of violence:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2017/jan/31/the-punch-a-nazi-meme-what-are-the-ethics-of-punching-nazis

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/2017/08/it-ok-punch-nazi

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/2017/08/it-ok-punch-nazi

There stated goal is to fight facists. Nazi's stated goal is genocide. There is no comparison between the 2, and I could call you a Nazi apologist, if you want to get in that kind of silliness.

Also, a youtube video from "toxic male". I have no way of knowing when that video was taken, or if the title accurately describes anything. Seriously, the amount of bull**** on youtube, and you expect me to believe random videos from alt right youtubers? Again, your taking the piss.
    Another fail. Just today the German government has banned an extremist far left website that was organising the G20 riots and targeting individuals for violence. Antifa are happy to use violence as their main weapon, and the target seems to change more often than their underwear:
    Germany has banned a far-left internet portal accused of inciting violence and rallying activists who rioted during last month's G20 summit in Hamburg.
    It is now a crime to continue using the site, linksunten.indymedia, Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière said.
    Police have seized computers and some weapons in raids on addresses of activists in the south-western Baden-Wuerttemberg region.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41047166
    Both Communists and Nazis are scumbags.

World would be better off without both ****, half-baked ideologies

I wholeheartedly agree. If they want to tear each other to shreds, I won't lose any sleep. Lets just make sure that everyone cheering for violence knows exactly what they're letting themselves in for. And if you start using violence for political reasons, don't be surprised if your enemy starts hitting back harder.
    BMMachine wrote: »
    this is incorrect. You just don't like antifa activists.
    you see how you are distorting reality in your head to create a narrative that appeases you - apply that to the new nazis and to the antifa people you so hate.

this is basically the problem with all edgelords. they lack perspective yet have such passionate and strong beliefs on issues they know f-all about... and now they are on the internet telling people how smart they are. The type that give out about and hate the phrase "woke" while not realising they are just another side to that same coin.

Let me be absolutely crystal clear here, just so there is no ambiguity. I absolutely DESPISE the far right.
    And I absolutely DESPISE the far left too.
    But between the two, I see the far left as much, much more dangerous, precisely because they are tolerated by society, and are afforded major positions of power in the media and academia. And the far left seems hell bent on labelling everyone who challenges them as a Nazi too. And this is from the supposed 'morally superior' progressives.
    Again, I will repeat this. I despise BOTH extremes of the left and right divide. Two cheeks of the same arse, as someone once remarked...

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

How do you know that? You tell me video evidence isn't sufficient so I should just take your word for it?

was it a video of some morons burning a car or doing something equally stupid? Well thats all the education you need on this complex social issue with deep reaching tendrils into history and identity and the world we live in.

there was a video. people were burning cars. I actually barely even know the point that you are trying to make. That what, those people opposing fascism with violence are morons? Could well be the case. Maybe to oppose nazism we should do the aul Ghandi thing of not co-operating with them and not giving them the exposure they want. But would that just gather more Nazi's to their cause?

or, ya know, people could not just be nazi's cos of all the evil involved and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Bambi wrote: »
    That particular piece of dog**** was unmasked by 4chan like some sooby doo villian

That a very pretty face to be walking around the california penal system with :eek:

And the attacker turned out to be a college professor, who has been using his position to indoctrinate his students with hate.
    Happily, he has been charged and will very likely be seeing the inside of a prison very soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/?utm_term=.375f8980edc0

Black-clad antifa members attack peaceful right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley

"Their faces hidden behind black bandannas and hoodies, about 100 anarchists and antifa— “anti-fascist” — members barreled into a protest Sunday afternoon in Berkeley’s Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park.

Jumping over plastic and concrete barriers, the group melted into a larger crowd of around 2,000 that had marched peacefully throughout the sunny afternoon for a “Rally Against Hate” gathering.

Shortly after, violence began to flare. A pepper-spray-wielding Trump supporter was smacked to the ground with homemade shields. Another was attacked by five black-clad antifa members, each windmilling kicks and punches into a man desperately trying to protect himself. A conservative group leader retreated for safety behind a line of riot police as marchers chucked water bottles, shot off pepper spray and screamed, “Fascist go home!”

Fox2 female reporter attacked

https://twitter.com/LeighMartinezTV/status/901897070092574721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2017%2F08%2Ffemale-fox2-news-reporter-physically-attacked-violent-antifa-berkeley-video%2F

This is after a female reporter for the hill was attacked last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4785564/Reporter-punched-face-Charlottesville-rally.html#v-4031435515058306353

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tigger123 wrote: »
    I abhor all types of violence, except punching Nazis. That's where the line is for me.

Fake news tigger

Advertisement