Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm guessing that was you! Fair play to you for taking part. Your run was a highlight for me and very entertaining. Hope you'll be back again.

It was yeah. I’m glad you enjoyed the run! I’d like to go back, it would largely depend on if I got another run in. The trip to the states isn’t worth the cost as an attendee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was yeah. I’m glad you enjoyed the run! I’d like to go back, it would largely depend on if I got another run in. The trip to the states isn’t worth the cost as an attendee.

Hope to see you back at it. Was a bit surreal to hear an Irish accent on it. And well done! Might be a good idea to have a fundraiser to send you over maybe if you got another spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have seen a few rumours floating about for the next Batman game. Talk of it being a soft reboot and entry point into a larger somewhat cohesive DC games universe, with a next gen Superman game also in the works. The rumours of co-op play have surfaced again, with you allegedly being able to play as different members of the Bat "family". Oh, and there's concept art for the Bat-cycle from a previously ditched Damian Wayne game that might be used in the new game.

All speculation as far as I can see, with no real credible sources. So take out your Bat-salt-cellar and give it a good old twist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe we will finally get a good superman game.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Maybe we will finally get a good superman game.

You mean you didn't adore Superman 64????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I still don't think you can pull off a Superman games these days. How do limit his powers without every enemy having a kryptonite rifle etc.?
    Have seen a few rumours floating about for the next Batman game. Talk of it being a soft reboot and entry point into a larger somewhat cohesive DC games universe, with a next gen Superman game also in the works. The rumours of co-op play have surfaced again, with you allegedly being able to play as different members of the Bat "family". Oh, and there's concept art for the Bat-cycle from a previously ditched Damian Wayne game that might be used in the new game.

All speculation as far as I can see, with no real credible sources. So take out your Bat-salt-cellar and give it a good old twist.

I think doing a twist on A Death in the Family would be cool.

You play as Batman for the first 2-3 hours before Joker actually kills Batman at which point you takeover as one of Batgirl, Robin or Nightwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    I still don't think you can pull off a Superman games these days. How do limit his powers without every enemy having a kryptonite rifle etc.?
    Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This looks class. I see is coming to Steam and gamepass (lucky ****ers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Anyone played Metal Wolf Chaos? The recent Devolver Digital remaster in particular? Don't think I've played a mech game before and normally the genre wouldn't interest me but it's From Software!

Currently on a gaming drought as nothing interests me until RE3 so trying to find something to pick up.

Also, has anybody played the VR game from did last year? Deraciné?

Evade wrote: »
    Magic.

Superman 64 had it set in a VR world. It worked brilliantly.

• Advertisement

Anyone played Metal Wolf Chaos? The recent Devolver Digital remaster in particular? Don't think I've played a mech game before and normally the genre wouldn't interest me but it's From Software!

Currently on a gaming drought as nothing interests me until RE3 so trying to find something to pick up.

Also, has anybody played the VR game from did last year? Deraciné?

Metal Wolf Chaos is fantastic. The acting is amazingly bad but it's also a pretty biting satire of American politics with a president helping america by destroying most of it. The game is a lot of fun as well.

Only annoying thing is I spent 120 euros on a Japanese copy of the game right before the rerelease was announced...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

Superman 64 had it set in a VR world. It worked brilliantly.
    I mean actual magic, Superman is vulnerable to it. Have one of the more magically inclined of the rogues gallery enhance or summon mooks and use the heavy hitters that can go toe to toe with Superman as bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I suck at Hitman games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I suck at Hitman games.
    I dunno, you got a guy down to his boxers, you seem to be doing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anthem still have their Christmas decorations up in February :(

https://twitter.com/apacherose3/status/1225796759189889024?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They should turn it into a single player survival game. You wander a vast empty wasteland alone wondering what happened to this once great civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't figure it out with this generation, but when does "next gen" become "current gen"? Is it when the first console releases, both consoles or a number of months after?
    I'm just thinking of Sony and Microsoft as I know Nintendo do their own thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would say a number of months after.

Varik wrote: »
    Would say a number of months after.

I would have said the same, traditionally you'd have had a period were games got released on old and new systems for a while but now aren't MS saying no "next gen" exclusives for a few years?? I might be recalling that incorrectly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The edges of this stuff are feathered. Arguably we've seen a bit of next gen from the ray tracing stuff in Control on PC

• Advertisement

Think sometime after the first Xmas and before the second. The second Xmas is when the consoles usually start picking up a lot of steam and sales.

They should turn it into a single player survival game. You wander a vast empty wasteland alone wondering what happened to this once great civilization.

Bit of a stretch

Got a new Mechanical keyboard and it feels so good compared to my old one :cool: tactile feedback makes such a difference. It's like the neogeo pocket joystick of keyboards.

Those eurogamer articles about the best PC gaming hardware are going to ruin me. Have a lightweight mouse on the way as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'd love a standing desk. Right now my PC is just a glorified console. A really fecking great console but still.

Realistically though, who is going to stand up playing games on their PC? I have a standing desk at work and it's great and all but standing while playing unless it's VR or something....nahhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Got a new Mechanical keyboard and it feels so good compared to my old one :cool: tactile feedback makes such a difference. It's like the neogeo pocket joystick of keyboards.

Those eurogamer articles about the best PC gaming hardware are going to ruin me. Have a lightweight mouse on the way as well.

Was going to ask what it is but suspect I won't shell out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't stand mechanical keyboards myself, membrane all the way! Just can't hack the loud clicking.

Next/Current gen, I reckon as soon as a next gen console releases, it becomes the current gen and the then current gen becomes last gen. Like, it can't be next gen if it's already out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Can't stand mechanical keyboards myself, membrane all the way! Just can't hack the loud clicking.

Next/Current gen, I reckon as soon as a next gen console releases, it becomes the current gen and the then current gen becomes last gen. Like, it can't be next gen if it's already out!

You can get quiet ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can get quiet ones.

I thought that defeated the purpose of them? Thought the click was supposed to be audible to ensure you know you clicked it... But having a quick google, I can see now that's not the case. But I still can't see why, unless you're a professional gamer, membrane wouldn't suit.

It's just a preference thing really, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I prefer membrane too.

Advertisement