Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

prepare a tasty salad.

Does such a thing actually exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

squawker wrote: »
    Does such a thing actually exist?

Bit of Italian Salad, Bistro Salad, Pepper or Tomato Relish, Mayonnaise, Grated Cheese, some Chicken Pieces and some Ham, Mix that shít all up together and sprinkle a broken up Moroccan-spiced Falafel over it and you've got yourself a nice tasty salad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The myth that you don't win friends with salad is untrue.

Just as long as it's a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not a big salad person but a good Caesar Salad is excellent. Doesn't qualify as healthy in my case as I end up eating about a kilo's worth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's definitely such a thing as a tasty salad, however it's never a guarantee it'll be healthy. All the healthy greens in the world don't mean a thing if it's all drowned in rich salad dressing.

... Wait... I just realised what thread this is lol :)

So nattering about food is OK, but heaven forfend you mention gamergate :D Oh sh*t, I just did. *scarpers*

• Advertisement

Bit of Italian Salad, Bistro Salad, Pepper or Tomato Relish, Mayonnaise, Grated Cheese, some Chicken Pieces and some Ham, Mix that shít all up together and sprinkle a broken up Moroccan-spiced Falafel over it and you've got yourself a nice tasty salad.
    Sounds nice, but defeats the purpose of a salad surely ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Sounds nice, but defeats the purpose of a salad surely ðŸ˜

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

pixelburp wrote: »
    ... Wait... I just realised what thread this is lol :)
    Cook, Serve, Delicious! is currently €2.49 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shanghai Snooker on my phone while eating spicy Monster Munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would that not leave the phone messy? If I do have food while playing a game, it has to be something that won't be messy and leave the controller sticky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the Girlfriend Reviews series and i usually hate that YouTuber ****. Anyway, their latest revisits Red Dead 2, the game that kicked off their channel. This time the boyfriend played it as a complete bastard/ serial killer and it actually looks way more fun than my 'good guy' playthrough. Doubt I'll play it again but if i do, I'm definitely going this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

People still talking about food. What the hell have I done at all.

I'll try change the subject.

2020 predictions!!!

Sora gets announced for Smash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I hope you've eaten that korma, it'd be terrible to let it go to waste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

2020 predictions!!!

Get the kingdom hearts **** out of my smash!

I want one of the chefs from overcooked in it. Makes me want a burger. I'm more of a ballymaloe mam than a ketchup man for my burger sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ketchup on a burger? jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love the Girlfriend Reviews series and i usually hate that YouTuber ****. Anyway, their latest revisits Red Dead 2, the game that kicked off their channel. This time the boyfriend played it as a complete bastard/ serial killer and it actually looks way more fun than my 'good guy' playthrough. Doubt I'll play it again but if i do, I'm definitely going this route.
    I have often thought about playing RDR2 again, but then I look at my gaming backlog and forget about RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never been able to go down that route. In Far Cry 4 I killed an elephant with a bazooka. To this day I don't know why and I'm still upset over it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm more of a ballymaloe mam than a ketchup man for my burger sauce.

Oooooooohhhh fancy pants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I hope you've eaten that korma, it'd be terrible to let it go to waste.

I did eventually and it was delicious
    I used a slice of bread to scoop the rest of the sauce i left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

[/YouTube]29TkxM0sxPM[/YouTube]

I tried to play as a bad guy during a 2nd playthrough, but it's harder than you'd think :)

2020 predictions!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm smash :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For the 3 Infamous games, I played through as good first then restarted the game right away for a bad playthrough.
    For the first playthrough, I would be taking my time anyway, looking around and all so being careful not to hurt people seemed gran. But then can rush through for bad karma mode, throwing grenades,, not caring who you hurt. It all helps to increase your negative karma. (And that's karma, not korma)

Do we have a 2020 predictions thread? Though I'm guessing it would be full of "The PS5 comes out" and game delay predictions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Every time I play a game with moralistic "choices", there's a brief moment where I flirt with a "bad" playthrough but I can never bring myself to be a virtual a$$hole. Don't what it is but I always end up the paragon and try to do right by the world or characters.

Same kinda thing with Skyrim in a way: every time I start a new run, the determination to play a different style fizzles and I end up being a sneaky assassin type (and again, trying to take the fair choices).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, always play the good guy too. And as above, the only games I've played the bad guy in were InFamous, because trophies. But the bad guy play through is nearly always more fun. Keep meaning to do my renegade play through of the ME series. Patiently waiting on a re-release!

The Renegade playthrough in Mass Effect is brilliant, especially as Fem Shep. Being a dick to everyone while saving the galaxy is a breath of fresh air after a goody two shoes paragon.

Find bioware moral choices to be awful and Bethesda are almost as bad (they get it right sometimes). Something really boring about being either super good or kicking a puppy. if there's no moral ambiguity like in the witcher 3 then it's just dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Far Cry 3's ending had one of the more ridiculous moral choices.

Save your friends and girlfriend or kill them and have sex with the hot cult leader, then become an unwilling human sacrifice just as you finish impregnating her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

J. Marston wrote: »
    Far Cry 3's ending had one of the more ridiculous moral choices.

Save your friends and girlfriend or kill them and have sex with the hot cult leader, then become an unwilling human sacrifice just as you finish impregnating her.

You made that sound like there was a choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

pixelburp wrote: »
    Every time I play a game with moralistic "choices", there's a brief moment where I flirt with a "bad" playthrough but I can never bring myself to be a virtual a$$hole. Don't what it is but I always end up the paragon and try to do right by the world or characters.

Same kinda thing with Skyrim in a way: every time I start a new run, the determination to play a different style fizzles and I end up being a sneaky assassin type (and again, trying to take the fair choices).

My issue is the 'bad' choice might not reward you in the same way or I'll lose out on exp in some way so I generally pick good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My issue is the 'bad' choice might not reward you in the same way or I'll lose out on exp in some way so I generally pick good.

Generally they have them being annoyingly equal, which defeats the point of acting bad/selfish.

You get a different weapon or a bit of different dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s wild how long the whole ‘good or bad?’ school of design was considered the height of choice-driven storytelling in games... often because it was the height of choice-driven storytelling in games :pac: Ludicrous how your path through many games was literally blue (glorious saint to all man/alienkind) or red (absolute prick of a lad). As another who could never bring myself to play the bad path, much of something like Mass Effect was just trying to optimise the ‘paragon’ stats rather than making any more complex role-playing decisions.

If I’d credit Telltale with anything, it would be shifting things away from that avenue of design with their somewhat messier, more ambiguous style of ‘choice’, limited though it was. Witcher 3 handled it well on a grander scale. And now you can play something like Disco Elysium which embraces and adapts to whatever mad, deranged, ideological choices you make over the course of everything from a random conversation to an entire playthrough.

Advertisement