Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What really annoys me is the likes of Arkham Knight that had the 'true' ending attached to the collection of all 243 Riddler trophies. Fúck that shíte...

Ignoring how disgustingly broken Arkham Knight was on release, it was actually a pretty good game and imo one of the best of the series.

However, those stupid Riddler trophies and the over reliance on the Batmobile totally ruined it. I ended up going on Youtube to get the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Sonics2k wrote: »

However, those stupid Riddler trophies and the over reliance on the Batmobile totally ruined it. I ended up going on Youtube to get the ending.
    Totally agree with the riddler trophies however I really enjoyed the batmobile stuff! It's my favourite game in the series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

https://www.konami.com/jobs/ja/jk/spe/50th/

50 years of Konami.

50 years of squandered potential.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Konami made video-games??? :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They went from one of the biggest and most respected names in the industry to absolute dirt in basically weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Konami is the only game company I actively cannot stand and it's only for one reason. Pachinko MGS3.

My favourite game ever with gloriously remade cutscenes and all for use in a fúcking pachinko machine. Just imagine a full remake looking like that. Stealthing your way through a lush jungle environment. The Shagohod chase scene. The final stand with The Boss in the field of white lilies.

Instead we get cockteased by Japanese slot machines. "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    My favourite game ever with gloriously remade cutscenes and all for use in a fúcking pachinko machine. Just imagine a full remake looking like that. Stealthing your way through a lush jungle environment. The Shagohod chase scene. The final stand with The Boss in the field of white lilies.

Instead we get cockteased by Japanese slot machines. "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

All they had to do to make a bit a sh*tload of money after Kojima left was a remake of MGS3 with those graphics. That's all they had to do. Remake game with Fox Engine from MGSV, and make the cutscenes look like the Pachinko thing.

Metal Gear f*cking Survive.... :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I mean, they must have run the numbers and presumed there was more money to be made out of these pachinko machines than new iterations of Brand X, right? I don't believe a Japanese company is that slipshod or disorganised that they hadn't at least figured out if it was financially worth the blow-back...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    I mean, they must have run the numbers and presumed there was more money to be made out of these pachinko machines than new iterations of Brand X, right? I don't believe a Japanese company is that slipshod or disorganised that they hadn't at least figured out if it was financially worth the blow-back...

I'm sure they made kajillions off Pachinko machines. I think that's changed though as there was some change in regulations which affected them. Never read too much into it though so not completely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Biggest part of their revenue is still traditional games, and they make more from their gyms than they do from their gambling and traditional arcade games combined.

It isn't a matter of a new metal gear game or a new Pachinko machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Totally agree with the riddler trophies however I really enjoyed the batmobile stuff! It's my favourite game in the series

Mine too. I actually collected all the trophies. Not for the true ending, because I got to fight the Riddler!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭quokula

Varik wrote: »
    Biggest part of their revenue is still traditional games, and they make more from their gyms than they do from their gambling and traditional arcade games combined.

It isn't a matter of a new metal gear game or a new Pachinko machine.

However many minutes of likely pre-rendered footage they produced for the pachinko machine will have cost far less, taken far fewer people, and been much quicker to produce than an entire game.

Even if those character models are suitable for use in-engine, that's a tiny percentage of the overall work that would be involved. There's nothing to stop them doing both pachinko and a remake, but if they were it could easily be another couple of years before there's something to show for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

All this talk of chasing achievements is making me way too conscious of the hours I've spent in GT Sport putting up with **** in Sport Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Nintendo Has won their legal dispute with regards to Pre-Orders on the E-Shop
    Kinda S*** there is not better pro-consumer rights when it comes to digital store goods from the big 3 console makers

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/01/22/nintendo-wins-court-case-over-eshop-pre-order-refunds/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I love my mum, she's a legend, and I understand that she likes to look out for my wellbeing...... but jesus christ woman if I feel like ordering a chipper for my dinner please stop killing me for not having the microwavable chicken korma that you have in the fridge. I'm just in from work, I'm not in the mood to use any kitchen appliances

She's against takeaways, finds them too unhealthy. Whereas I'm technically
    the fattest and hungriest man in the family and couldn't give a sh*t what I eat :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love my mum, she's a legend, and I understand that she likes to look out for my wellbeing...... but jesus christ woman if I feel like ordering a chipper for my dinner please stop killing me for not having the microwavable chicken korma that you have in the fridge. I'm just in from work, I'm not in the mood to use any kitchen appliances

the fattest and hungriest man in the family and couldn't give a sh*t what I eat :pac::pac:

I was looking on all the gaming sites, and even went to Easons to check out the gaming magazines, but alas you ended my searching for an update on your eating habits!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So.... no platinum trophy for Mommy Gamer Bhoy 89?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Me thinks Gamer Bhoy 89 mixed up the gaming discussion thread with the TA thread in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Chipper food or microwaveable chicken korma sound equally shíte and unhealthy.

You're 31. Learn how to cook healthy food in advance to heat up when you get home or how to prepare a tasty salad.

• Advertisement

I'm laughing at the idea that "microwaving a ready Korma" constitutes effort. Jesus wept.

Not judging... but I'm totally judging :)

Clearly should have bought the Cooking Ability DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the idea that "microwaving a ready Korma" constitutes effort. Jesus wept.

Not judging... but I'm totally judging :)

It really is the ultimate first world problem...

I could have a ready cooked meal but... sigh... I have to turn a dial and push a button and wait a couple of minutes.

Life... is so hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It really is the ultimate first world problem...

I could have a ready cooked meal but... sigh... I have to turn a dial and push a button and wait a couple of minutes.

Life... is so hard...

And people wonder why we have a type 2 diabetes issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sums up that post.

886483_10200189036782488_1613208106_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=faDrxEbrD3cAX_ltRVd&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=c5079a490496a2a00ec55d76e6736976&oe=5ED7390A

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****ing starving reading this thread.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Korma is literally the easiest dish to make, either with premade sauces or even making your own sauce is straightforward.

And you can make ****loads of it in one big pot, freeze it and then you have your own cheaper and healthier frozen meals ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Oh my f*cking god, I posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry lads. I'd say I confused everyone here :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I was meant to post it in the trivial annoyances thread.

I'm such an idiot.

I think since the advent of multi tabbed browsers we've all done that at some point :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement