Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Boards.ie Extremely Right-Wing?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

And you are proving my point about neither reading, comprehending, processing and concluding a point. This isn't one study...it's been studied for decades...and what's your response? Socio-economics.

I'm not trying to change your mind; you've chosen to interpret statistical fact as racism and you are welcome to it. But try not to be dishonest about the point another poster has made...try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I am probably left of centre and would support things like same sex marriage and abortion however, I do detest how people who have opposite views on these matters are shouted down and accused of being right wing lunatics. They are perfectly entitled to hold these views and express them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Conservatives have a tendency towards less powerful governments. It's the left wing which tends towards more centralised power bases and big government.

The importance of the people buying into the message is more important in a left wing political culture.

Probably the most prominent example of what you're talking about globally is North Korea, hardly a bastion of the far right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

conorhal wrote: »
    You must have missed the memo from Google, Youtube, facebook and Twitter. There is only right and wrongthink, which will be censored and 'corrected', debate is as dead as fact.

Go along or go nowhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

And you are proving my point about neither reading, comprehending, processing and concluding a point. This isn't one study...it's been studied for decades...and what's your response? Socio-economics.

I'm not trying to change your mind; you've chosen to interpret statistical fact as racism and you are welcome to it. But try not to be dishonest about the point another poster has made...try.

Who is being dishonest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

conorhal wrote: »
    Says the 'Mao was a gentle soul', holocaust denier..... ahahahahaha ....

I find that those on the right tend to deal more in facts and less in emotion and propaganda.

Facts cough blind oneself to facts, you mean. Only right winger would think Mao plans to reform China agricultural and industry was evil and wrong.

I never denied the holocust, i open to talking about the irregularities with this event. I asked why do the children at Belsen not look malnourished or unhealthy and are wearing everyday clothes, and are smiling? If the Nazis are starving the Jews we should not be seeing healthy looking women and children at the camps.

Sleeper12 wrote:
    Obviously not everyone on Boards is far right however I've seen members making fun of of people queuing up for food last Christmas. I've seen out & out baiting on racism, "black people aren't as intelligent as white people". I've seen downright nasty comments about homeless people and every thread on travellers brings out the hillbillies and their nasty narrow minds.

Anecdotes do not prove a trend or prove a hypothesis on a population.

Citation needed on those examples to be fair. I seem to recall a lot of wayward lenses being looked through when it comes to the Apollo house thread, which I'm guessing is one of the threads you're referring too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Facts cough blind oneself to facts, you mean. Only right winger would think Mao plans to reform China agricultural and industry was evil and wrong.

I never denied the holocust, i open to talking about the irregularities with this event. I asked why do the children at Belsen not look malnourished or unhealthy and are wearing everyday clothes, and are smiling? If the Nazis are starving the Jews we should not be seeing healthy looking women and children at the camps.

This can be explained as Nazi propaganda. They want the world to see how well they treat prisoners of war and those in camps so the newsreels show well fed inmates and smiling kids.
    When the cameras stop rolling they get back to murdering them and starving them and letting them die from disease if they didnt gas them or perform medical experiments on them first.

Look at the footage of the camps post liberation. Not too many smiling kids there. Just starving people and skeletal remains being bulldozed.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    This can be explained as Nazi propaganda. They want the world to see how well they treat prisoners of war and those in camps so the newsreels show well fed inmates and smiling kids.
    When the cameras stop rolling they get back to murdering them and starving them and letting them die from disease if they didnt gas them or perform medical experiments on them first.

Look at the footage of the camps post liberation. Not too many smiling kids there. Just starving people and skeletal remains being bulldozed.

The video was taken by the British when they liberated the Belsen Concentration camp. Belsen is just one camp i decided to look this up as Wibbs mentioned it.

These are photographs taken at this time, not by Nazis. There is no way that kid on the far right and far left was starving, it's not believable. It would take weeks to recover from starvation and your bone tissue and structure to repair itself.

[6034073

Women look healthy to me?
    425860.png

425861.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Autochange wrote: »
    Who is being dishonest?

That wasn't directed at you. I thought i was replying to the post but i forgot to include it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The video was taken by the British when they liberated the Belsen Concentration camp. Belsen is just one camp i decided to look this up as Wibbs mentioned it.

These are photographs taken at this time, not by Nazis. There is no way that kid on the far right and far left was starving, it's not believable. It would take weeks to recover from starvation and your bone tissue and structure to repair itself.

[6034073

425860.png

425861.png

Are we really going to go down this rabbit hole?

You were saying something about right-wingers believing everything they read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gold_thumb

while of course there are posters who are of a conservative persuasion , the site is ran by folk who are overwhelmingly PC left , wibbs being an exception

how you classify a site is down to how representative it is of the general population , boards.ie is very far to the left of the general population editorially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Registered to the forum to post that? Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

[6034073

425860.png

425861.png

The question posed - "Is Boards.ie Extremely Right-Wing?"

Nine pages in - the Holocaust was a hoax.

The question posed - "Is Boards.ie Extremely Right-Wing?"

Nine pages in - the Holocaust was a hoax.

To be fair this is being posted by supporter of Chairman Mao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Who was a great man who loved his people. Besides the fact that his Great Leap Forward cost the lives of 10s of Millions of "Digits". As he called these people that he "loved".

Sure, sometimes you have to break 50 million eggs to make that omelette.

Yeah, his posts are so bizarre I'm almost impressed.

It's so bad it's good (albeit on subject matters that are not prone to avenues of comedy and are obviously total tragedies).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

As my history teacher once said about the far-left and far-right is at some point they go full circle and meet in the middle. While this is overly simplistic, in a way both sets of groups have more in common then the rest of us who would be closer to centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

[6034073

425860.png

425861.png

This lot look a bit hungry

http://www.museumoffamilyhistory.com/ce/cc/w-bergen-belsen-02.jpg

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/Holocaust/belsen8.jpg

Arghus wrote: »
    Are we really going to go down this rabbit hole?

You were saying something about right-wingers believing everything they read?

Why not should we not talk about history?

I go by what i see. Photographs taken in 1945 when the camp got liberated, is evidence. It hard to manipulated this data. It at least prove some prisoners got feed food and were not starving.

What if we are being told a pack of lies? I rather know the truth and it's clear as day those pictures show healthy looking women and children at Belsen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ligerdub wrote:
    Anecdotes do not prove a trend or prove a hypothesis on a population.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm not even saying that board's is right wing. I was just giving a few examples of how an outsider looking at some threads could think boards is right wing.
    ligerdub wrote:
    Citation needed on those examples to be fair. I seem to recall a lot of wayward lenses being looked through when it comes to the Apollo house thread, which I'm guessing is one of the threads you're referring too

Apollo House thread was where some made fun of a photo of people queuing for a Christmas food package. There's been lots of threads though. We don't do race threads here without getting nasty and the mention of travellers all hell breaks loose. There have been some nasty posts and threads and they stick in my mind more or stand out more but MOST threads aren't like that. I believe that there are some very right wing members. They are in the minority but make so much noise sometimes it feels they are in the majority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I go by what i see. Photographs taken in 1945 when the camp got liberated, is evidence. It hard to manipulated this data. It at least prove some prisoners got feed food and were not starving.

What if we are being told a pack of lies? I rather know the truth and it's clear as day those pictures show healthy looking women and children at Belsen.

Honestly. Why are you doing this to yourself?

Ah...I think it might have been better if those people hadn't been forced into prison camps in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How long were these people actually in the camp? Do you know that?

Ah...I think it might have been better if those people hadn't been forced into prison camps in the first place.

I agree either way the Nazis are to blame for the suffering, but photographs don't lie, there was healthy well nourished Jews at Belsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mohawk wrote: »
    As my history teacher once said about the far-left and far-right is at some point they go full circle and meet in the middle. While this is overly simplistic, in a way both sets of groups have more in common then the rest of us who would be closer to centre.

A clever teacher. Not a truer word

Honestly. Why are you doing this to yourself?

You going to deny photographic and video evidence as it don't suit you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

But you arbitrarily dismissed the years of research of an Historian who was given unprecedented access to Chinese Government archives on the benevolent Chairman Mao and the Great Leap Forward because he was Dutch.....and reported that Mao and Co were much like Stalin, that other Atheist Communist scumbag who killed millions of his people for "Progress".

Neither Mao nor Stalin gave a **** about the people.

How long were these people actually in the camp? Do you know that?

I don't know, but least you not denying the photographs show healthy looking Jewish people at Belsen, it's a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't know, but least you not denying the photographs show healthy looking Jewish people at Belsen, it's a start.

You should have stopped after the first 3 words of that post. Stop yourself from embarrassing yourself further.

there were more than 10,000 people moved to bergen-belsen in the month before it was liberated. They were much healthier than the camps existing inhabitants. These are the healthy people you see. though healthy is a relative term. What do you think those couple of photos actually show?

Advertisement