Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t think they are. Watch the Netflix documentary about the guy who murdered his wife and 2 kids. He took a lie detector test and straight away the cop was like the game is up. He cracked not long after that.

They're complete and utter bollox.

They can be used to trick a guilty idiot, though.

This does not stop them being complete and utter bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Deeec

Richard is an odd character no doubt. He courted the media a bit too much imo which is always suspicious. I also read somewhere that a year or 2 before she disappeared she found out the woman who she knew as her mother wasn't her mother ( that another family member was her mother). I wondered had this anything to do with the disappearance - family secrets perhap that someone didn't want coming out. Her family appeared quite distant towards her in that they didn't seem to see her that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

koppy wrote: »
    Talk his voice went a bit funny for a couple of seconds when asked about the woods. Maybe it was just a dry throat from all the talking or maybe I was looking for too much

Heres an fairly detailed article around the time of the search of Mitchel’s Wood in Castlemartyr - Close to the area where the recently found remains

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/tina-satchwell-disappearance-the-search-for-answers-goes-on-831796.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Mitchell wood far from where the remains have been found? Those witness statements s are quiet scary about how a woma. Matching her description entering the woods with another person and then only 1 person emerging alone after.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is Mitchell wood far from where the remains have been found? Those witness statements s are quiet scary about how a woma. Matching her description entering the woods with another person and then only 1 person emerging alone after.

No it wouldn’t be at all. Maybe 10 mins drive is all. Castlemartyr is the next village to Midleton along the N25 road. There’s a big resort hotel place near the wood

• Advertisement

Deeec wrote: »
    The gardai may well have other suspects. She is from a large family yet none of her close relatives ( mother, aunts uncles - who she grew up with as brothers and sisters)have made any comments or appeals. The appeals are always from cousins or nieces. I find this odd.

they’ve questioned very few others besides the husband whom they’ve had in several times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Deeec

road_high wrote: »
    they’ve questioned very few others besides the husband whom they’ve had in several times

No doubt at all Richard is the main suspect. I'm just trying to come up with other theories. Both Richard and Tina seemed to have lived very odd lives. It's such a strange case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

In fairness Prenderville did a good interview there, he ran him around in circles.

Yep, good interview, Prenderville was, quick, sharp and excellent. After hearing it I reckon Richard is a lot smarter than I originally thought he was. A very very careful interviewee with filtered information and evasive answers that nobody could pick up on without hindsight.

There's a touch of Bertie about Richard... the gormless, innocence. To be actually jailed in Ireland for social welfare fraud usually means serious fraudulence activity without a promise to pay back the moneys earned. This is telling and displays a sly greediness & a money hungry attitude of someone feathering their nest with handouts.

I thought the same. The social welfare fraud must have been at the more serious end to do jail time for it. Course it was brushed over as if he was some kind of victim almost

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

road_high wrote: »
    I thought the same. The social welfare fraud must have been at the more serious end to do jail time for it. Course it was brushed over as if he was some kind of victim almost

€3161.60 - not the lowest but nowhere near the highest. Got a month in prison and a €10 a week recovery from his dole that would have ended in 2009 if he stayed on it.

(Evening Echo, December 15th 2003)

If he served more than a few days I'd be surprised, that info won't be public though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

L1011 wrote: »
    €3161.60 - not the lowest but nowhere near the highest. Got a month in prison and a €10 a week recovery from his dole that would have ended in 2009 if he stayed on it.

(Evening Echo, December 15th 2003)

If he served more than a few days I'd be surprised, that info won't be public though.

Think he said it in the Prendeville interview. Was in over Xmas, think he served the month also.

Richard Satchwell and the Polygraph (Lie Detector test)

We have been approached many times over the last few months by media outlets keen to arrange a polygraph test for Richard Satchwell. Sadly it is now over a year since Tina Satchwell went missing. We are the only polygraph test company in Ireland with examiners living in Ireland and of course we would be more than happy to conduct a test for Richard. However this is an active Garda investigation. Richard has not been charged with any crime and indeed the Gardai have not named him as a suspect in Tina’s disappearance. Despite this we cannot do anything that may jeopardise any future proceedings, so the approval of the investigating office is required before we can conduct a test. It is also important that anybody taking a test is a suitable candidate and any medical or mental health conditions are stable. We are currently yet to ascertain whether Richard is a suitable candidate. We of course, all hope that Tina is found safe and well soon. In the meantime when Richard feels it is the right time to take a test our door is open.

https://liedetector.ie/news/richard-satchwell-and-the-polygraph-lie-detector-test/

hurikane wrote: »
    Richard Satchwell and the Polygraph (Lie Detector test)

We have been approached many times over the last few months by media outlets keen to arrange a polygraph test for Richard Satchwell. Sadly it is now over a year since Tina Satchwell went missing. We are the only polygraph test company in Ireland with examiners living in Ireland and of course we would be more than happy to conduct a test for Richard. However this is an active Garda investigation. Richard has not been charged with any crime and indeed the Gardai have not named him as a suspect in Tina’s disappearance. Despite this we cannot do anything that may jeopardise any future proceedings, so the approval of the investigating office is required before we can conduct a test. It is also important that anybody taking a test is a suitable candidate and any medical or mental health conditions are stable. We are currently yet to ascertain whether Richard is a suitable candidate. We of course, all hope that Tina is found safe and well soon. In the meantime when Richard feels it is the right time to take a test our door is open.

https://liedetector.ie/news/richard-satchwell-and-the-polygraph-lie-detector-test/

Polygraph tests are pseudoscientific bull****.

They do not work

People promoting them are charlatans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

They do not work

Agreed. And the "experts" who make money off portraying them as accurate are total con artists.

They do not work

You certainly don’t rate them anyway :D:D:D

hurikane wrote: »
    You certainly don’t rate them anyway :D:D:D

Because I'm not a blithering idiot. Anyone who thinks they work is.

I would find anyone who tried to suggest taking one to "prove their innocence" suspect also, they likely know its bull****.

Have you seen the Chris watts documentary?
    The polygraph girl sorted him out quickly

As I said upthread, polygraphs often convince guilty idiots to confess

That does not mean they actually work to "detect lies"

They absolutely, utterly, completely do not work. They cannot work. They are pseudoscientific bull****.

They do not detect lies. They do not detect guilt, unless you're an idiot. They do nothing.

I'd go stronger with words if I could on here. Only idiots thing polygraphs work.

Have you seen the Chris watts documentary?
    The polygraph girl sorted him out quickly

Strong words there chief

Accurate words though. They don't offer an indication into lying or telling the truth.

She got right into his head and ****ed him up something like “we’ll get through this now and you can go home , because obviously you’re innocent, no way would you agree to a polygraph test if you did it right?” You could see his heart rate jump ����

Guilty idiot thing as I said.

A polygraph is an exceptionally crude stress meter - nothing else. It is not a lie detector, it is not a guilt detector.

Stop believing lies about what they do.

Polygraph measure anxiety. They have control questions like "did you go to work today". These set a base line and then they ask the important question." Did you murder the person". If the line is higher for this then you are assumed to be lying.

If they were in anyway reliable then they would be in use by AGS etc and would stand up in court.

They are not and have never been. Put someone into an environment like that, where guilt is assumed their stress levels will go through the roof anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Guilty idiot thing as I said.

A polygraph is an exceptionally crude stress meter - nothing else. It is not a lie detector, it is not a guilt detector.

Stop believing lies about what they do.

I never said I believed anything I just find your language very odd

Do polygraphs detect lies ? I dunno

Can polygraphs **** somebody up and force a confession...., YES

Do polygraphs detect lies ? I dunno

They don't.

Can polygraphs **** somebody up and force a confession...., YES

Only an absolute idiot. And the confession probably isn't worth a damn in court outside the US either.

If you're aware that they can't detect anything you aren't going to be scared in to a confession. If you're thick enough to think they can you might say anything

They don't.

Only an absolute idiot. And the confession probably isn't worth a damn in court outside the US either.

Are they still admissable in the US? Didn't think they were. Issue would be a jury wouldn't understand the science and the polygraphs work.

Are they still admissable in the US? Didn't think they were. Issue would be a jury wouldn't understand the science and the polygraphs work.

The test results themselves are not admissible these days in the US - they used to be before people realised it was bull****

A confession extracted from an idiot based on a test may or may not be admissable - it could be argued that it was extracted under duress the same as torture and be ruled inadmissable.

There is as much science "proving" polygraphs as is there is for the "e-meter" used in scientology, but people are much more willing to accept that as nonsense than they are to accept polygraphs as nonsense. Blame awful TV just like the various shows being offered as 'proof' on here.

Because I'm not a blithering idiot. Anyone who thinks they work is.

I would find anyone who tried to suggest taking one to "prove their innocence" suspect also, they likely know its bull****.

Lol, seriously ,y have u been asked to take one or something?

The polygraph got Chris watts

You say only if you’re an idiot

What is a man who kills his wife and 2 kids to run off with a fancy woman and buying a meal for two with the family bank card? A genius?

:)

Its a word. Definition 2 here is the appropriate one

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charlatan

If you think polygraphs work, you are an idiot

Interesting u are a mod sums up why U get away with saying what u do. Making it a feminist argument also. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a man being called a Charlaton.

Interesting u are a mood, sums up why I get away with saying what u do. Making it a feminist argument also. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a man being called a Charleston

:confused:

Not one word of this statement makes even vague sense.

I’ll give you that one

• Advertisement

Yes it does. I’m not going to play ur little game to get banned .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement