Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

i didn't know i liked muslim terrorists but there you go, you learn something new everyday.

You think they are deserving of a respectful and dignified burial after mowing down innocent children in the streets. F*ck them. Unmarked grave, pile them in on top of each other in the nip.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Omackeral wrote: »
    You think they are deserving of a respectful and dignified burial after mowing down innocent children in the streets.

do i? nope, i don't. just a burial or cremation.
    F*ck them. Unmarked grave, pile them in on top of each other in the nip.

fine if that's what the family decide.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I don't even know why I am posting this irrelevant information but anyway...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/barcelona-jews-reject-rabbis-predictions-of-doom-after-attack/
    Barcelona Jews reject their rabbi’s predictions of doom after attack
    We are a vibrant community and we will not leave our city, says spokesman after Chief Rabbi Meir Bar-Hen warns they have no future.
    A spokesman for the Barcelona Jewish Community on Friday rejected predictions of doom from the local chief rabbi, vowing that the city’s Jews would not abandon the city in the wake of the deadly attack by Islamic terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

my beloved Muslim terrorists? i didn't know i liked muslim terrorists but there you go, you learn something new everyday.

israel is not a very safe country unlike europe and is a huge funder and commiter of terrorism itself. most jews do not condone and support that country, just like most muslims hate saudi arabia among others.

Are you joking? You do realise that record numbers of Jewish people are leaving Europe to live in Israel, which is a very safe country and a popular tourist destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

You're talking about a completely different thing. You're talking about celebrating the person's life and being joyful at their 'send off', that's a personal thing by friends and family who attend. I'm talking about strangers partying on the ground where people were murdered the day before. They don't acknowledge the dead in any way unlike in your example. Other than a quick ''thank god that wasn't me'' of course.

Since when was there only two choices-pretend nobody was slaughtered and we're all oblivious with our drinkies and jesus-loves-me-smiles, or barricade yourself inside, shaking. That's a bit ridiculous. People need to make a stand, not turn the other cheek and pretend nothing is happening. And that won't suit ISIS one bit.

I'm actually using two parallel threads of thought,not comparing one against the other.

Im not sure that you are suggesting that people are travelling to Las Ramblas simply to have it said they "partied" at the murder site (Which is actually over 500 Mtrs in length).

I would suggest that most people,both visitors and locals alike,are doing is simply being normal.

Perhaps most would see continuing with their normal lives as "making a stand",but I would certainly be slow to suggest anybody is turning the other cheek either.

Barcelona remains a large vibrant City,and I suggest it will remain thus,no matter what some ultra religious nutcases may wish to happen.

Our world is full of sites where innocents died,even Dublin has it's locations where normality swiftly returned after bombings and shootings.

It is the Human Condition to continue with life,against whatever odds are ranged against us,and long may it continue to do so !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Are you joking? You do realise that record numbers of Jewish people are leaving Europe to live in Israel, which is a very safe country and a popular tourist destination.

There is something ironic in this, those who are killing "in the name of Islam" seem to be strengthening Israel with every attack.

They also do nothing to convince your average Joe/Jane that there is anything worth pursuing in the Koran/Islamic faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Still chuckling to myself at this post and the oh so right-on person who thanked this apologist bunkum. Apologist behaviour. If my brother went out and mowed innocent people down as they shopped over a poxy religion, I'd disown him in a heartbeat and couldn't give a rats what they did with the carcass.

It's interesting to note the lack of mourning over this pair,a bit closer to home...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bodies-ian-brady-salman-abedi-10865557

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Exactly! Islam eroding western freedoms since 2001! I will add to a list the extra security at airports and restrictions on flights! Extra security at concerts, sports events and any major large gathering of people.
    I think the Chief Rabbi of Barcalona is right when he advised European Jews to move to Israel as Europe is lost because of the threat of Radical Islam!

well most european jews won't be taking that advice. they won't give up a democratic safe society for a state that may only treat them decently if they are of the right type of jew. it is vital they remain in europe as part of our cultural enrichment program.
    There has been absolutely massive increase in emigration of French Jews to Israel since the Charlie hebdo attack a few years ago . The specific targeting of many Jewish places of worship , shopping , education has made lots of European Jews feel very unsafe , and quite understandably .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I believe the link below relates to the 7 year old Australian/British boy. Well done to this man for showing such bravery and humanity given who knows what could have happened next. I have a child a similar age myself and reminds me of this poor kid full of life and the unimaginable grief the parents must be going through.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/how-brave-birmingham-holidaymaker-rushed-13499171.amp

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Same in the UK.

http://news.sky.com/story/more-british-jews-considering-move-abroad-as-anti-semitism-fears-grow-poll-10997052

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

vital they remain in europe as part of our cultural enrichment program.
    "cultural enrichment" eh? Jesus....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

The attack in Barca could actually have been much much worse, they discovered (by accident) x20 large canisters of Satan, according to the press.

Eh? :eek: So IS are in league with devil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

wakka12 wrote: »
    Funnily enough skynews just posted an article about this very issue.
    1 in 3 members of the British Jewish community have seriously considered moving abroad within the last two years, coinciding with the increased levels of islamic terror attacks.
    http://news.sky.com/story/more-british-jews-considering-move-abroad-as-anti-semitism-fears-grow-poll-10997052

I think it takes a lot of prejudice and mistreatment for an entire third of one ethnic group to consider completely abandoning their home in search of safer refuge, and is really something we ought to investigate further.

37% of Jews felt unsafe showing any signs of their religious faith in public. We are so afraid of offending muslims but maybe it is people of jewish faith who we should be looking out for more so than any other religious group. Their plight seems to be much less focused on than islamophobic issues, which seem to be much lesser of an issue lets be honest.

Doesn't help when the opposition in the UK are riven with Anti-Semites as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Eh? :eek: So IS are in league with devil!

Perhaps, Satan is just the aptly named 'abbreviated informal nickname' (MoS) used for the type of material (AP) that was stored in their canisters.

It could really have been much, much worse. Hundreds, maybe thousands severely injured or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

wakka12 wrote: »
    There has been absolutely massive increase in emigration of French Jews to Israel since the Charlie hebdo attack a few years ago . The specific targeting of many Jewish places of worship , shopping , education has made lots of European Jews feel very unsafe , and quite understandably .

You would almost think Isis are doing the Israeli state a favour in increasing imigration into there country ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A seven-year-old boy has been named as one of the victims :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

branie2 wrote: »
    A seven-year-old boy has been named as one of the victims :-(

Yes. Channel 4 News had pictures of 7 year old British born Australian boy Julian Cadman who died.

His father arrived in hospital recently to only find out the unfortunate news that he died.

It's just so sad that he went like this. RIP little fella. :(

Statement from Julian Cadman's family
    “Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family. As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.

“He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.

“We would like to thank all those who helped us in searching for Julian. Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time.”

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

On the 22 May this year , 23 people were blown to bits in Manchester at Ariana Grande concert.

Including an 8 year old girl.

What has happened since that to stop this nonsense?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing .

Anyone who carries out ones of these attacks, ALL their family, brother sisters mother father sons daughters wife husband deported to wherever they like. Just a one way ticket to anywhere outside of Europe. Anywhere .

I know the attackers won't give a **** about their families but the the families will not want to be deported so will report anyone they suspect of being radicalised.

Have to root this out of Europe
    Something has to be done. Can't just sit and do nothing.

AnthonyCny wrote: »
    On the 22 May this year , 23 people were blown to bits in Manchester at Ariana Grande concert.

Including an 8 year old girl.

What has happened since that to stop this nonsense?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing .

wrong. the security forces are doing what they can. you won't be able to prevent and stop all attacks. it's just not possible.
    Anyone who carries out ones of these attacks, ALL their family, brother sisters mother father sons daughters wife husband deported to wherever they like. Just a one way ticket to anywhere outside of Europe. Anywhere .

can't be done as it would be against the families human rights and against international law, unless the family are proven guilty of a crime and aren't from the country.
    I know the attackers won't give a **** about their families but the the families will not want to be deported so will report anyone they suspect of being radicalised.

there is no evidence that they will report such people.
    Have to root this out of Europe
    Something has to be done. Can't just sit and do nothing.

something is being done. the security services are catching suspected extremists where possible. kneejerk nonsense however won't be done. extremism and radicalisation is being routed out but there is only so much can be done.

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I don't believe the children should be held responsible for the sins of the fathers or vice versa. Would it be just if your adult child killed a Muslim in a hate crime for your family home to be demolished? To me this is fascist tactics. What is the point of winning the war if we lose the principles we are trying to protect?

Nope they should have controlled their terrorist sons and the same goes for the Mosque! It would send a clear message that you carry out a terrorist attack and your family and Mosque will suffer the consequences! I'm sure there would be a lot of terrorists shopped to the authorities if this was carried out!

• Registered Users Posts: 67,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nope they should have controlled their terrorist sons and the same goes for the Mosque! It would send a clear message that you carry out a terrorist attack and your family and Mosque will suffer the consequences! I'm sure there would be a lot of terrorists shopped to the authorities if this was carried out!

The family will be held responsible? Are you perhaps losing it a bit here?

If a member of the family is aiding them by all means prosecute but ' because they have not controlled' an adult child they are to blame???

Would there be enough prison space if this was applied to all? Or is this just a special law for Islam?

If a member of the family is aiding them by all means prosecute but ' because they have not controlled' an adult child they are to blame???

Would there be enough prison space if this was applied to all? Or is this just a special law for Islam?

Not at all but the nicey nicey approach hasn't worked at cutting these attacks out! we still have one of these murderers on the run no doubt being hidden in some Muslim community, someone knows where he is and they aren't contacting the police,

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

I know it's extreme but something extreme has to be done to sort this out. Any family member of a participant in any terrorist attack put on a plane out of Europe, wherever they want.

Families wouldn't be long daubing in suspect individuals

What actual solutions are there to this problem of radicalisation? Actual solutions,not just waiting for the next attack

Not at all but the nicey nicey approach hasn't worked at cutting these attacks out! we still have one of these murderers on the run no doubt being hidden in some Muslim community, someone knows where he is and they aren't contacting the police,

He isn't the first person who went on the run successfully.

Tell us this, in your kneejerk world, if you start penalising the general Muslim community what do you think will happen? They become more open or completely close ranks and breed much more of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Why is it always rental vehicles in these attacks. Senseless another tragic loss of life by a very unstable individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

He isn't the first person who went on the run successfully.

Tell us this, in your kneejerk world, if you start penalising the general Muslim community what do you think will happen? They become more open or completely close ranks and breed much more of this?

The catch 22 of Europe 'don't try and stop these terrorists or we will make more terrorists'

All the more reason I wouldn't want to see Ireland make the same mistakes as our neighbours.

The catch 22 of Europe 'don't try and stop these terrorists or we will make more terrorists'

All the more reason I wouldn't want to see Ireland make the same mistakes as our neighbours.

It's more 'why would you want to do that, how is that going to do anything practical'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard some disturbing things on the news just now. The terrorists that hit Barcelona this week had a total of 120 gas canisters at their house in Alcanar before it exploded on Wednesday night. Spanish police said they where going to be used for further vehicle attacks in the city.

The jihadist cells had intended to hit the Sagrada Familia cathedral as a target for a further attack.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40990927

• Advertisement

nope, not only would it send no message but it would cause people to move toards these extremist groups. as we learned from northern ireland, when you bully people because some have done something, then they will oppose such actions, violently if they feal they need to. thankfully such nonsense isn't going to happen as it has been proven to fail.
    I know it's extreme but something extreme has to be done to sort this out. Any family member of a participant in any terrorist attack put on a plane out of Europe, wherever they want.

Families wouldn't be long daubing in suspect individuals

What actual solutions are there to this problem of radicalisation? Actual solutions,not just waiting for the next attack

nope wrong they wouldn't. most likely they will join these extremist groups, as when people try and implement nonsense to get at people who haven't done anything for the actions of some, then they will understandibly oppose it. violently if needs be. did we learn nothing from northern ireland?

Advertisement