Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I just got called for Phase 2 for next Friday, Jayzus, it's quick this time huh

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

I just got called for Phase 2 for next Friday, Jayzus, it's quick this time huh
    Got invitation too. Oct 10th and I'm outside Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

sinorita wrote: »
    Got invitation too. Oct 10th and I'm outside Dublin region.

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Just got mine 17th Oct! Wonder how many they are calling..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Got called for 17th.
    I'm in Dublin.
    Placed 1,628 after Stage 1 so not too optimistic but if you're not in you can't win.

Good Luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeview35

I'm in the high 700's and got called. A friend in the 1300's also called.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

so is there any advantage to my coming 91st? Not really? What if I don't do as well in the next one, I'd say 5 or 6 questions could push you a few 100 down the list

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

so is there any advantage to my coming 91st? Not really? What if I don't do as well in the next one, I'd say 5 or 6 questions could push you a few 100 down the list

Probably just means you'll be called quicker for interview if you gain a similar result as stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Got placed 468 Dublin & am in on the 13th ! Someone else I know got in the 1600 and is in on the 10th and another in the 1100 in on the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

1100 and in on the 13th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Stickmam

Seems to a random selection for days. I placed high enough and was called for the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭newmum62

Certainly from the EO 2016 one a few points difference made change of few hundred on the ratings so every correct answer makes such as difference.
    No advantage on doing so well this time I think but if u do similar on supervised, you'll be first batch for interview

quoteish;104812375"]so is there any advantage to my coming 91st? Not really? What if I don't do as well in the next one, I'd say 5 or 6 questions could push you a few 100 down the list[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Yes ! They take the mgt scenarios from stage 1 and the verbal from stage 2 as your placement in stage 3 - you have to pass numerical again of course but results not counted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Regional Area
    Placed 1675
    In the 10th Oct for supervised tests

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

I was looking back over the previous HEO competition thread (which I applied for) and only 1168 got to the next stage. So if you were 1169 or higher, you didn't get called at that time (they got called much later in the competition to do their tests and interviews). As we haven't heard of anyone that passed and didn't get through, does that suggest that not as many people applied or do you think PAS have changed way of doing things? (Thinking about it, I think the last comp was Open and InterD, whereas this one is InterD so maybe that where the difference lies.)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Stickmam

eimaj77 wrote: »
    I was looking back over the previous HEO competition thread (which I applied for) and only 1168 got to the next stage. So if you were 1169 or higher, you didn't get called at that time (they got called much later in the competition to do their tests and interviews). As we haven't heard of anyone that passed and didn't get through, does that suggest that not as many people applied or do you think PAS have changed way of doing things? (Thinking about it, I think the last comp was Open and InterD, whereas this one is InterD so maybe that where the difference lies.)

This could actually be the case. Plus there's definitely one internal HEO comp that I know of, there could be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Wasn't that 1169 after the supervised tests?
    There has been no open HEO competition.

Addle wrote: »
    No, I looked back through the thread - it was after the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The Dublin panel must've been cleared.
    It's tough for successful provincial candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

They called 202 for interview/presentation after the supervised tests in the last HEO interdepartmental

• Advertisement

Chieftain wrote: »

They called 202 for interview/presentation after the supervised tests in the last HEO interdepartmental
    Thanks Chieftain - I was just comparing this competition to the last after the first stage which has just happened. It's seems that they're calling everyone to the next stage (supervised tests) whereas it was only 1168 the last time. We'll see when people get to the interview stage how many they call - wonder if it's similar to last alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Chieftain wrote: »

They called up multiple batches to do the supervised test over the course of the last comp and from there they called batches to interview. It would appear that this time they are calling all those who were successful at stage 1 to stage 2 in one go, which is much more efficient. They will then have a ready made pool of people to call up for interview/presentation as needed to fill vacancies as they arise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Christ... I came 19th in the test, but just realised I left one of the competencies blank on the form I uploaded. I was in an airport when I was finalising the form. Anyway I emailed the person assigned to my application on public jobs explaining the situation and attached the form with the competency filled in. So I presume I'm f**ked now? Dammit!

Christ... I came 19th in the test, but just realised I left one of the competencies blank on the form I uploaded. I was in an airport when I was finalising the form. Anyway I emailed the person assigned to my application on public jobs explaining the situation and attached the form with the competency filled in. So I presume I'm f**ked now? Dammit!
    The form has no bearing at this stage of the process and only comes into play at the time of interview. I'd be surprised if they didn't let you substitute as it was a genuine error. It's not like it gives you a competitive advantage over anyone else in the competition.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

I have a time slot of 2pm on October 13th.
    Is anyone on earlier in the morning and would prefer to swap with me for the afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

..congrats on result but submitting form with one competency blank and only realising this week 3weeks after form submitted..idiot

Wow, you must be a really lovely person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

squelch666 wrote: »
    ..congrats on result but submitting form with one competency blank and only realising this week 3weeks after form submitted..idiot

Helpful. You'd be a dream manager.

What did that comment profit you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

You must be a pleasure to work with.

Advertisement