Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭wiseoldelf

Just completed the tests

Holy F*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I think my head may have melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

Did it this morning, found it very difficult. Not looking forward to the results, anyone know when they are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

That numerical fried me. But everyone seems to have struggled so I'm hoping the pass rate will be low enough that I can squeeze in. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

love_love wrote: »
    Can I ask what your basis for this statement is?

I bought the package from jobtestprep and they mention it in the instructions that you will not get points if the wrong tab is open. I also did the supervised HEO back in April and this question came up. The invigilator refused to answer the question, so you can take that anyway you want. I played it safe and tried to have the correct tab open while answering. Even for the repeat questions.

Anyway.... the deadline has passed. Was I the only one that answered the majority of questions with false or cannot say?

I did mess up on at least one numerical question on expenses and I referred to the income tab instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

So, when time is running out, and some applicants just click on answers for the sake of answering, it's pointless if they haven't chosen a (also correct) tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Addle wrote: »
    So, when time is running out, and some applicants just click on answers for the sake of answering, it's pointless if they haven't chosen a (also correct) tab?

It's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Addle wrote: »

I dont think that is the case. I did the exact same test for the Senior EO about 4 months ago. Same tabs and paragraphs. I cant say for sure that the questions where the exact same but for the Verbal part I got to question 40 with one minute to spare and I just randomly guessed the last 9 answers. I scored 7300 out of 8000 for that portion of the test so I dont think you need to have been on the correct tab when selecting the answer.

Luckilly I got to answer all maths and verbal questions this time around without any wild guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

carnie wrote: »
    Anyway.... the deadline has passed. Was I the only one that answered the majority of questions with false or cannot say?

No defo not! Loads of Cannot Says at least. I found that loads of the questions kept asking about comparisons to financial years that weren't there!

Yeah loads of Cannot Says for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

gazzer wrote: »
    Luckilly I got to answer all maths and verbal questions this time around without any wild guessing

Impressive!

Impressive!

Well to be honest it is only because this is my 4th aptitude test in 18 months. The passages in the Verbal and Numeric where the same for each test so each time I do this test I get that bit quicker. First time I have been able to complete them all in the alloted time without guessing the last few.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Found that one tough. Missed the last few in the verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

eimaj77 wrote: »
    No defo not! Loads of Cannot Says at least. I found that loads of the questions kept asking about comparisons to financial years that weren't there!

I found this too! Really thought i was missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Niamho_M

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the results to come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bubbles75

Selection Process Indicative Dates
    Closing Date3pm on 5th September 2017
    Candidates with special needs to forward reports by 5th September 2017
    Stage 1 Online assessment test 14th – 19th September 2017
    Stage 2 Supervised tests 4th – 13th October 2017
    Stage 3 Assessment Centre 13th – 24thNovember 2017

going by this we should def know by the end of next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Bubbles75 wrote: »
    Selection Process Indicative Dates
    Closing Date3pm on 5th September 2017
    Candidates with special needs to forward reports by 5th September 2017
    Stage 1 Online assessment test 14th – 19th September 2017
    Stage 2 Supervised tests 4th – 13th October 2017
    Stage 3 Assessment Centre 13th – 24thNovember 2017

going by this we should def know by the end of next week..

Fingers crossed, you need a little bit of notice, especially for anyone who has to be in Dublin sitting tests on the 4th October!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Fingers crossed, you need a little bit of notice, especially for anyone who has to be in Dublin sitting tests on the 4th October!
    Hopefully we'll hear tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

I'd be surprised if we didn't hear today!!! A week is short notice enough for getting time off and arranging travel etc.

I don't expect to get through to the next round due to my woeful tests but would like to be put out of my misery!!!

Best of luck to everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if we didn't hear today!!! A week is short notice enough for getting time off and arranging travel etc.

I don't expect to get through to the next round due to my woeful tests but would like to be put out of my misery!!!

Best of luck to everyone :-)

+1. I'm not sure how I did since I was abroad and had to use a public library computer to do the exam. It all worked fine, so I still gave it my best shot!

Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Results are out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Just got mine, 91st! Considering I got an interview in the last round and came 1100th or something, I can't believe it. Was really hungover too, I did it on the last morning possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

139 here, anybody know how many are being called for supervised tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm in too. :D:D:D:D

Thank you Astorga!!! (Town where I did the exam!)

You will hear from us shortly regarding the next stage of the selection process (supervised testing) which will be held from 4th – 18th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Just above the 1000 mark, I doubt I'll be called.

My friend at work came 3rd! You might get called Chevron, I came 1000+ last time and got called, although it did take almost a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I got no results yet... :confused:

Hopefully it's not a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Just got mine! Got through! Absolutely shocked in the late 300's!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Bob Cratchit

Just got mine. Early 200's, delighted!
    Any idea how many applied?

Advertisement