Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

I got 1675............
    Crappy.... but I am relieved as didn't expect to even pass it.......
    So somewhere at least......

Best of Luck to everyone

People that are passing where are ye based in the Country if ye don't mind me asking...??

I'm not in Dublin Region - South west region here

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I got 1100 so probably won't be called to round of supervised testing this time around but still delighted that I reached merit at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

468 - happy as I was 1148 last year after round 1. Stage 2 results more important!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

People that are passing where are ye based in the Country if ye don't mind me asking...??

I'm not in Dublin Region - South west region here

300's - Outside Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kanovara

Dublin baser! Every one who reaches quail standard will go through to next round

Jade182 wrote: »
    I got 1100 so probably won't be called to round of supervised testing this time around but still delighted that I reached merit at all!

I got 1675 & was told on message that would be in touch to advise of date for supervised tests

so you will be called too - check the message again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

357th. I'm thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

gazzer wrote:
    357th. I'm thrilled

356 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

sinorita wrote: »
    gazzer wrote:
    357th. I'm thrilled

356 :)

Fight!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bumbleton

Hi guys, I placed number 45. I’m in shock because I didn’t do too well in the AO tests the last time they came around!

Does anybody know what the maximum score is in each of the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Failed it. Got seriously high marks for verbal and numerical competencies, but was below par on the management scenario. I hate those things. I can never pass them!

Just for the lol's, this time around, I said i'd try answering differently to how I normally would. Made no difference. I don't know what they are looking for in those things!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bumbleton wrote: »
    Hi guys, I placed number 45. I’m in shock because I didn’t do too well in the AO tests the last time they came around!

Does anybody know what the maximum score is in each of the tests?

8,000 in all 3 sections.

Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Failed it. Got seriously high marks for verbal and numerical competencies, but was below par on the management scenario. I hate those things. I can never pass them!

Me too. Anyone have any ideas how to bring the scores up on these questionnaires?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Niamho_M

144 for me - Thrilled!

I'm in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Just for the lol's, this time around, I said i'd try answering differently to how I normally would. Made no difference. I don't know what they are looking for in those things!

Ah I'm sorry gerrybbadd, I failed in exactly the same way last year. I answered more or less the same this year and got through. It's hard to second guess these things.
    Moving to a new area earlier in the year might have given me a different spin on things to where I was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Me too. Anyone have any ideas how to bring the scores up on these questionnaires?

The best advice I got is to answer in line with the competencies that they give you in the information booklet. As serving civil servants, we all have different ideas and experiences of what different grades do in the departments we've been in, and we're probably using those to colour our answers, but they all might be very different than what is written in the actual competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pat ticket

Why arent numerical scores inc. For ranking? It was by far my highest score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

pat ticket wrote: »
    Why arent numerical scores inc. For ranking? It was by far my highest score

Because they think men are much better at numerical tests than women which is absolute nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Got through too! Woo hoo.

It's mad - I did REALLY well in the mgt scenario last competition (I think it was 782/800) but did average this time. Still through, but isn't it mad how much of a variance you can get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 alundi

Hi does anyone know if order of merit is national or regional ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Are there already 2 panels setup for Dublin and outside Dublin? I got no mention of location of panel in my results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Are there already 2 panels setup for Dublin and outside Dublin? I got no mention of location of panel in my results

ParkRunner wrote: »

you would have picked location preference on your application form

read the information booklet - that gives all the information on regions & the process of the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rootjuse70

I did absolutely awful in the job management scenarios. Previous HEO competition had these types of questions also and I failed that section then too...anybody any pointers? Or info as to how they responded to the questions or what way they distributed the points? My marks in the other two sections were better than people I know who got through. So I am super annoyed to say the least.

I am going to get onto cut-e but I am not expecting anything back from them.

Any info greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭billyhead

I got 1300. Didn't do too bad in the Management part, did excellent in the numerical but only got over the line in the Verbal test. What are the odds of being called to the next round and will it be a wait of about a year?

rootjuse70 wrote: »
    I did absolutely awful in the job management scenarios. Previous HEO competition had these types of questions also and I failed that section then too...anybody any pointers? Or info as to how they responded to the questions or what way they distributed the points? My marks in the other two sections were better than people I know who got through. So I am super annoyed to say the least.

Generally i always tend to pass these & do badly on Numerical

I think I pass by looking at bigger picture, common sense & also in parts I suppose really I put down what I know they want/expect to hear.......

I think also possibly our answers can be or might be based on our current experience or what your manager would do in these scenarios also......

Hope that makes sense!!??

Those are the pointers I have... (relative to me only & also to my experience of doing those tests)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

I don't know if my advice above would be any use - I know they were very different, but I only scraped by in the scenarios in the EO, and I got 5400 this time, which I'm really pleased with.

ParkRunner wrote: »

NO panels yet

Interviews to be done before a Panel is formed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭billyhead

Chin up. Being there before. Just keep applying for every competition your eligible for.

Advertisement