Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Some new information for you.

SG46 and two Mercedes single deckers were painted in the navy blue livery at Freeney's last week.

SG46 was sold to Go-Ahead Ireland on the 28th of May.

Also the Go Ahead Ireland logo has now appeared on the website.

The single deckers are training vehicles and are not in the same livery as the GA NTA public livery, if SG46 is in that livery then perhaps it is to be a training vehicle - which would be odd for a newish vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

devnull wrote: »
    No vehicles are being sold as such, just transferring as they are vehicles that are the NTA's to reassign and the Mercedes vehicles are for route and driver training and not for service.

Where do these vehicles appear on the NTA balance sheet? According to the 2016 accounts, the NTA only owes 38,000 euros worth of motor vehicles.

Where do these vehicles appear on the NTA balance sheet? According to the 2016 accounts, the NTA only owes 38,000 euros worth of motor vehicles.

The vehicles are registered and owned by the operating company the NTA supply them to, but the condition of contract is that ownership can be transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

GM228 wrote: »
    The vehicles are registered and owned by the operating company the NTA supply them to, but the condition of contract is that ownership can be transferred.

But the recipient has to pay book value for it right? To make the balance sheet of the donor ‘whole’?

But the recipient has to pay book value for it right? To make the balance sheet of the donor ‘whole’?

I'm not sure what way they will do it, but there will be no payment to DB for the buses.

We will have to wait to see the 2018 Annual Reports I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Sorry if this is the wrong tread but could I ask is the cpc test step 1/2 both on the same day and if the app on iTunes with 170 cpc questions any use ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Here we go wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong tread but could I ask is the cpc test step 1/2 both on the same day and if the app on iTunes with 170 cpc questions any use ?

Are you considering applying? All training is provided including CPC and driver training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Someone told me that Go-Ahead won't accept free travel passes can anyone confirm if that's true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,211 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Someone told me that Go-Ahead won't accept free travel passes can anyone confirm if that's true ?

Absolute bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dr Brown wrote: »

The nta decides this and they are a public service so this means absolutely no change from db including fares.

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Are you considering applying? All training is provided including CPC and driver training.

I’ve applied and done interview and medical Cpc theory is paid for by go ahead but study is up to your self for theory then I believe there’s a 2/3 in class work 2/3 week in bus training 1week bus + which is all done onsite in ballymount

I’ve applied and done interview and medical Cpc theory is paid for by go ahead but study is up to your self for theory then I believe there’s a 2/3 in class work 2/3 week in bus training 1week bus + which is all done onsite in ballymount

Well they are out training in dun Laoghaire, Dalkey etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Have they told you what the starting money is like? Ive a driving test with them in July but my current job pays pretty good so wondering if i should go through the whole rigmarole of it.

Have they told you what the starting money is like? Ive a driving test with them in July but my current job pays pretty good so wondering if i should go through the whole rigmarole of it.

Well under 32k

32k is before tax figure

Well under 32k

32k is before tax figure

During the interview they said 12€ training period and 14:50€ when you get full d license and working proper with annual 30 cent rise for first 5 years

During the interview they said 12€ training period and 14:50€ when you get full d license and working proper with annual 30 cent rise for first 5 years

Over time is time and a quarter 30 days holiday including bank holidays ect if you work one you get paid and a day off in lieu and they garennte a 39 hour week wage there is also a claw back clause if they train you 15€ a week for two years but it's refunded to you if your still employed by them and haven't left

Do you not need to already have a D licence to get a job in DB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

DB is not hiring, no info on their website

My reccomendation would be to use GA to your own benefit let them train you up as a bus driver and then as soon as you as DB start hiring move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Dublin bus are hiring at the moment and training up B licence drivers.

They are using their file list of applicants from the previous recruitment drive before they advertise again

• Advertisement

Just to ask again about my first post would anyone know if this app is of any use for the cpc theory it has 170 questions in total

Dublin bus are hiring at the moment and training up B licence drivers.

They are using their file list of applicants from the previous recruitment drive before they advertise again
    Iv also seen BE advertise at 677€ weekly 200 positions no idea if there training up but and I assume it's working country wide

Iv also seen BE advertise at 677€ weekly 200 positions no idea if there training up but and I assume it's working country wide

No you have to already have a D licence to apply for BE from what I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

That's incorrect. They're willing to hire people who have a Class D learner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭soundman45

Have a look at the bus eireann website it says they will accept drivers with class b or class c to be trained by them for the d licence

soundman45 wrote: »
    Have a look at the bus eireann website it says they will accept drivers with class b or class c to be trained by them for the d licence

Indeed, but you must first have D licence theory and learner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Over time is time and a quarter 30 days holiday including bank holidays ect if you work one you get paid and a day off in lieu and they garennte a 39 hour week wage there is also a claw back clause if they train you 15€ a week for two years but it's refunded to you if your still employed by them and haven't left

There is around 10 or 11 bank hols a year which should not really count as your yearly holiday allowance.
    Every place I have worked so far offered 21 days hols a year provided you work 39 hours a week. You are getting as little as 19 if they count holy days as Bank hols.

Time a one quarter overtime is terrible.

If I were you, I would use that kip for training and hop over to BE or DB. You are being screwed with pay and hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

I saw one of those go ahead learner buses on George's street this morning

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

thomasj wrote: »
    I saw one of those go ahead learner buses on George's street this morning

Said to be at least three Mercedes Citaros as well as some deckers being used.
    There is around 10 or 11 bank hols a year which should not really count as your yearly holiday allowance.
    Every place I have worked so far offered 21 days hols a year provided you work 39 hours a week. You are getting as little as 19 if they count holy days as Bank hols.

Considering 20 days annual leave excluding public holidays is a legal minimum, I doubt that they will be going lower than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭howiya

Time a one quarter overtime is terrible.

If I were you, I would use that kip for training and hop over to BE or DB. You are being screwed with pay and hols.

There are 9. New Year's Day, St Patrick's Day, Easter Monday, May, June, August, October, Christmas Day and St Stephen's Day.

Some businesses, including my own job, close on Good Friday but its not a public holiday. Banks also close on December 27th

Advertisement