Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options
1156157158159160162»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Naming stops after businesses is something that Bus Éireann is guilty of in their bracketed stop naming scheme. I'm actually rather glad those names stayed confined to two spaces: online timetables and duty cards.

An approach found on the continent is for any intermediate stops to be named by streets, cross-streets, railway stations, schools, major government offices, whatever, and then for termini to carry the neighbourhood/area name. My homecity in particular practices this with intermediate stops taking the "street it's on / cross-street" format. By that merit, 4357/4359 Hollyville Lawn should be named Palmerstown.

The major problem in this scenario is that of course many will take the attitude of "but this isn't the town/area/village centre!" In Palmerstown's case, that's solved by 2212 Palmerstown Village (which is annoying in that you have the nearby 2241, 4401, and 4361 all called Kennelsfort Road (or Rd in the case of 4361). It could be grounds for confusion, but regardless.

All in all, I still dislike the fact that there are major inconsistencies between stop names as per timetables and the destination scrolls. The act should be cleaned up one way or another, and informing pax about these changes should be taken far more seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Not helped by the NTA and the operators having their own autonomy in this regard. The W61 buses display Hazelhatch and Celbridge Station across two lines but the DB buses on the L58 and L59 display Hazelhatch Stn both should consistent. The 11 displayed Wadelai since time began until someone decided to change it to St. Papins Road.

In fairness DB have always been fairly consistent with their timetable information and LED displays but they shouldn't get off scot free though as having recruitment messages on the scrolls of in service buses should not be allowed by the NTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Seanoreilly200

Is anyone here a Go ahead Ireland driver? I am just wondering if they are hiring B applicants and what is the pay after you are qualified

Advertisement