Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭ dublinman1990

Go-Ahead Ireland announced a new league partnership with the Dublin GAA.

Details here.

It's great to see Go-Ahead Ireland are making their efforts known to be involved with Irish sport however in the photograph within that link; Go-Ahead have a second-hand Enviro 200 bus in GAI corporate livery right beside the newer SG double decker. Is the Enviro 200 used for the 197 route between Swords & Ashbourne? If yes; why are they using 2nd hand buses on that particular route? And also how many Enviro 200's would they have in the fleet? I would have thought that the NTA may have said to GAI that they would have to use newer buses only for this route's official contract with them.

Go-Ahead Ireland now have a gay pride bus in their fleet with 11589 taking the honours. The difference with this bus is that the gay pride flag is painted right all over it which includes the front of the bus as well. It also matches the gay pride livery of Dublin Bus from previous years.

https://twitter.com/RayMcGrath/status/1404470285080924169/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E32uRc0XMAUBZ9-?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭ Burt Renaults

Go-Ahead Ireland now have a gay pride bus in their fleet with 11589 taking the honours. The difference with this bus is that the gay pride flag is painted right all over it which includes the front of the bus as well. It also matches the gay pride livery of Dublin Bus from previous years.

That actually looks really well, especially without the absolute abomination of a livery sticking out from the front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ john boye

Looks like it's actually painted rather than a wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ ITV2

Since 2018 ? I've never seen TFI/Go-ahead have anything to do with Pride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,686 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

ITV2 wrote: »

I would guess they supplied a bus for the parade like db do and red tour bus use to etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ ax586

I got this response from DB asking will they be doing one this year.NTA picked GAI this year.

The wrapping of buses is under the remit of the NTA now as they own all the buses so they are wrapping a Go Ahead bus and not a Dublin bus this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ p_haugh

I assume it's in reference to Go Ahead operating in Dublin since 2018

The DB pride buses always have a TFI logo on them?

• Advertisement

NT6B0425.JPG

Pride buses provided by Dublin Bus 2008-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ d51984

I wonder how people will see it now its not covered in yellow at the front .... Looks well I have to say.

Its a disgrace Joe!

It does look painted on rather than wrapped. Could this be the first Go Ahead bus in the new NTA livery when it looses this scheme?

Its a disgrace Joe!

I was talking about the ones specifically in the pride livery. Like the Go Ahead one we were actually talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,686 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

john boye wrote: »
    I was talking about the ones specifically in the pride livery. Like the Go Ahead one we were actually talking about.

DB had a few Ev done out in it over the years, Ax too if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ ax586

john boye wrote: »

There was a small tfi sign on the back of the ev 2 years ago not as big as the one now

ax586 wrote: »
    There was a small tfi sign on the back of the ev 2 years ago not as big as the one now

I remember the AXs having the logo somewhere or other too. It was in an odd spot on one of them I think but I don't remember where exactly.

12140 has been repainted into the new TFI Hybrid livery.

Source: GAI Fleetlist (Irish Road Passenger Transport Forum)

I thought that was a model for a second. Looks great I have to say.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭ Fandymo

Whats the story with all the GoAhead cancellations over the past two weeks or so?? Sometimes up to 20 services a day cancelled. The 120 and 126 seems to be the ones most affected. Lots of people annoyed on Twitter and zero explanation bar operational issues. Hopefully the NTA hammer them for it.

• Advertisement

At this time of year, probably lots of drivers on annual leave. Also, with over a thousand Covid19 cases a day, there's a good chance that there's a higher than usual rate of absenteeism. A huge disadvantage of a relatively small operation like Go Ahead's Naas depot is that a handful of missing drivers has a huge effect on services - especially low-frequency routes. The proportion of missing drivers is no worse than anywhere else, but they don't have the luxury of spreading the cancellations around like Bus Éireann do. They need to hire more drivers, even if that means having a few of them sitting on their backsides in the depot for a good bit of the year.

Also, they recently started to announce their cancellations every day, which only serves to highlight how much of a problem it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭ Fandymo

Annual leave is at the discretion of the employer. If they don’t have the drivers to cover it, cancel some annual leave. They seem to be making a dogs dinner of it. I heard yesterday that drivers are abandoning the company like it’s a sinking ship. Can’t see them lasting much longer if that’s the case.

As far as I know, drivers aren't (currently) leaving in large numbers. They probably would if their employer decided to start messing around with their holiday plans though. Whether they like it or not, what they really need is a slight excess of drivers. Especially with Covid19 causing them problems.

Note the the head light and day time running light surrounds are now painted black instead of yellow, all we need now is the surrounds on the Wrights logo put back to chrome and the front would look decent enough.

The advert itself fits in great with the new livery, hopefully a sign of more adverts like this in the future.

Its a disgrace Joe!

GAI had uploaded a press release about passengers giving verbal abuse that takes place in person or online to GAI staff members.

What kind of scumbags are doing this to GAI staff members, particularly the bus drivers, who are are out there while simply just doing their job?

Traffic has got very heavy lately (sometimes worse than pre-covid levels), and outside of the main corridors, buses don't have any meaningful priority over private cars. So a lot of their buses end up late at certain times of the day (usually in the mornings and from 2pm to 6 or 7). The flawed nature of their contract with the NTA means that they avoid allowing buses to start a journey more than six minutes late at all costs. Instead, they cut the following trip short, or cancel it altogether, citing heavy traffic, force majeure, etc, to avoid fines. So passengers are being left stranded at bus stops. Then some of them get irate with the first company representative they see - the driver - or with whoever is operating their Twitter account.

I hear from people who work there that they also have major staffing issues at the moment - and it's only going to get worse. Morale, which has always been low, is on the floor. In addition to the usual exodus to Dublin Bus, to whom they've lost literally hundreds of drivers over the last three years, private coach companies have opened back up and there are a lot of jobs throughout the transport industry, offering similar or more money for less work. They used to be able to cover the cracks with overtime, but most drivers are refusing to do that now. As far as I know, they still only pay time and a quarter, and drivers want more. It's hard to see how they'll survive without having to dig deep.

There are new timetables now up for the 17, 102C, 102P & 175 on the GAI website which came into operation on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,945 ✭✭✭✭ Annasopra

The 185 has had dozens and dozens of cancellations in recent weeks.

Advertisement