Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I hope you contacted them and the NTA.

I most certainly did!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Phat Cat wrote: »

I most certainly did!

'Apologies, operational issues' is generic ****e I get back normally.

'Apologies, operational issues' is generic ****e I get back normally.

One of the buses was cancelled due to a faulty wheelchair ramp apparently

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

New timetables on a number of routes from 1st December
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/go-ahead-ireland/
    On Sunday 1st December 2019, timetables will be changing on a selection of routes to add extra journeys to increase capacity, improve punctuality and reliability.

The changes were based on journey data which was collected by the buses in service in addition to customer feedback.

The routes which will be changing are:
    • 18 Palmerstown to Sandymount
    • 75 Tallaght to Dún Laoghaire
    • 76 Tallaght to Chapelizod
    • 76A Tallaght to Blanchardstown
    • 175 UCD to Citywest
    • 236 & 236A Blanchardstown to Damastown
    In most cases, the time the bus leaves the first stop is different to how it is in the current timetable. Running time for every trip has been analysed and adjusted, with running time added or removed as necessary.

In addition to the above, route specific changes are summarised below.

18 – Palmerstown to Sandymount (Valid from 1st Dec)
    • An extra morning trip from Palmerstown to Sandymount has been added
    • An extra late afternoon trip has been added from Palmerstown
    • An extra evening peak trip has been added from Sandymount. Departures now leave every 15 minutes between
    • 17:00 and 18:00 instead of every 20 minutes
    75/75A – Tallaght to Dún Laoghaire (Valid from 1st Dec)
    • Changes are limited to running time changes and also changes to the time the bus leaves the first stop
    76/76A Tallaght to Chapelizod (and Blanchardstown) (Valid from 1st Dec)
    • On Mondays to Fridays and on Saturdays the evening frequency has been increased to every 20 minutes
    • All journeys now run the full length of the route, none terminate at Ballyfermot
    175 UCD to Citywest (Valid from 1st Dec)
    • An extra evening trip has been added from UCD to Citywest Monday to Friday
    • Evening departures from UCD are slightly later than the current timetable
    236/236A Blanchardstown to Damastown (Valid from 1st Dec)
    • The 06:55 236 journey from Blanchardstown will now leave at 06:50
    • The 07:25 236A journey from Damastown will now leave at 07:30

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Re: Their training buses.

GAI have included a new livery for their ex - GA London double deckers in their driving school fleet.

It is coloured in purple & orange.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/darren_hall/49122599618/in/photostream/lightbox/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

GAI have included a new livery for their ex - GA London double deckers in their driving school fleet.

Not exactly my choice in liveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is it meant to look like a double decker chocolate bar on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The blue doesn't stand out where bright colours do.

The 63 from Dún Laoghaire station that was due at 18:05 pulled a hoodini today. It miraculously arrived at 18:30 with the 18:35 coming five minutes after it. Even at peak times this service is s**t.

Anyway I emailed Go-Head and got this long winded half-arsed response:
    Good evening,

I refer to your email to Transport for Ireland in relation to the 63 service.

I was sorry to learn of the problems you encountered. There can be many reasons as to why a service is delayed or is missing.

Following the implementation of services, Go-Ahead is reviewing the reliability and punctuality of services, as well as taking into consideration feedback from customers. Following this review, Go-Ahead may apply to the NTA to make further changes to timetables and/or routes, taking into account any knock on effect to passengers on other sections of the route.

Transport for Ireland (TFI) enables Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) systems on GAI's new routes. These systems include bus stop information, TFI National Journey Planner and TFI RT apps. TFI has identified some instabilities which have affected GAI services but is working to resolve the issues.

The NTA is actively investigating the quality of bus arrival predictions at bus stops, in conjunction with Go-Ahead Ireland and the technical suppliers. Specific locations are being examined , as well as broader issues across Go-Ahead Ireland's bus network. It is hoped that this examination will improve the quality of these predictions in the near future so that information across all products is more consistent and accurate

Also new timetables are being released on December 1st in hoping for 100% improvement.

Apology's on this situation

Kind regards,

The Customer Care Team | Go-Ahead Ireland
    phone 1850 80 40 71
    email customercomment@goaheadireland.ie
    goaheadireland.ie | @GoAheadIreland
    Go-Ahead Ireland | Ballymount Road Lower | Dublin 12 | D12 X201 | Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

The 63 from Dún Laoghaire station that was due at 18:05 pulled a hoodini today. It miraculously arrived at 18:30 with the 18:35 coming five minutes after it. Even at peak times this service is s**t.

Ever heard of a thing called traffic its hardly miraculous. Bus could have come in off an inbound 75 a route notorious for traffic delays or was stuck in traffic coming on the M50 from Ballymount. If it came in off another 63 most of the route does not have bus lanes and I can think of a number of places off the top of my head where that route suffers delays. For example the traffic can be a nightmare coming off the m50 up around Carrickmines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

That bus came in off a 75, due at Dun Laoghaire Station at 1752. It was over half an hour late due to traffic. Traffic was particularly chaotic yesterday because of 'black Friday'. The 75 is getting a new timetable from tomorrow, which will hopefully improve reliability.

Having the 75 go around dundrum Luas is a joke.

There is a 14 and 175 serving the Luas and as soon as the 90 minutes travel comes in people could jump off and onto other services and not be charged.

I seen they took the shelters out up past the Garda station.

I seen they took the shelters out up past the Garda station.

They've got rid of the old 59 shelters on Johnstown Road as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

If you're waiting for a 220 in mountview road this is the bus stop information.

Remember Dublin bus no longer serves this stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

Is there any reason why a go-ahead route would pass a bus stop and not serve it?

I don't know if the route would have served this stop in its Dublin Bus days but the stop hasn't had the TFI makeover so it's intentionally not serving the stop.

howiya wrote: »
    Is there any reason why a go-ahead route would pass a bus stop and not serve it?

I don't know if the route would have served this stop in its Dublin Bus days but the stop hasn't had the TFI makeover so it's intentionally not serving the stop.

What stop is it?

There is a stop near Dalkey they forgot to replace the db logo.
    They stop there.

Stop 2059 at the top of Kill Lane near Foxrock Church had it's NTA/TFI roundel replaced by a DB one for some reason. Even though it's served by the both the 46a with DB and the 75/a with GAI. Looked like it was done deliberately as well have no idea why this would be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

What stop is it?

They stop there.

Stop 252 on Skellys lane on the 104.

Often when I can't board a 14 I would take any bus going up the Malahide Road and get off at Kilmore Road to board a 104 (if timings work out) or walk in. The only reason I ask is that between this stop and the next stop on Beaumont Road (255) the 104 does the loop in and out of the hospital.

Not the end of the world, more a curiousity

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

When I was there it depended on which manager you asked as to what answer you got. The issue above with the wrong Timetables in Blanch is replicated in other parts of the city. Kilmacud Road/Birches Lane being one I pointed out in September 2018 as it has the correct Timetables (at the time) for the 75/a but also has timetables for the 45a/b despite the two services sharing very few of any bus stops.

The last 220 on the rtpi showing Kilmacanogue was also pointed out and had not been rectified the last time I looked either.

Don't forget it's DB that have the contract for the maintence and upkeep of all bus stops served by both DB and GAI. This even includes the stops that are only served by GAI and not DB routes.

• Advertisement

Oh no it's been served by go-ahead no problem. I got the 220 there shortly after I took that photo.

Just to point out as well, that that poster has the latest route 4 timetable on it, so it's been put there recently.

What stop is it?

They stop there.

It's stop 1881 in mountview. Served solely by the 220.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Christmas operating hours are up on their website.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/christmas-operating-hours-20192020

Saw this tweet earlier and to me it sums things up well at the moment. I am not against tendering but personally I think the NTA are sort of creating a problem reaction solution at the moment. Look at the atate of some of the bus stops around Dublin at the moment with DB routes and GAI routes sharing stops but using completely different styles for the timetables.

Also many of the GAI timetables are outdate now. There was never an issue when DB ran all routes as far as the passenger was concerned all routes were DB routes that should be the case with the TFI brand but is not at the moment when it comes to info. For example the DB app is still there, liveries still different for DB and GAI although livery would be the least of my worries atm, different twitter accounts should be one, different websites etc. etc. It seems the NTA have created this issue and want to solve with bus connects despite it not being at all previously with DB on all routes.

https://twitter.com/TranslatorPS/status/1205973759531859969?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Joker2019 wrote: »
    Saw this tweet earlier and to me it sums things up well at the moment. I am not against tendering but personally I think the NTA are sort of creating a problem reaction solution at the moment. Look at the atate of some of the bus stops around Dublin at the moment with DB routes and GAI routes sharing stops but using completely different styles for the timetables.

Also many of the GAI timetables are outdate now. There was never an issue when DB ran all routes as far as the passenger was concerned all routes were DB routes that should be the case with the TFI brand but is not at the moment when it comes to info. For example the DB app is still there, liveries still different for DB and GAI although livery would be the least of my worries atm, different twitter accounts should be one, different websites etc. etc. It seems the NTA have created this issue and want to solve with bus connects despite it not being at all previously with DB on all routes.

https://twitter.com/TranslatorPS/status/1205973759531859969?s=19

And if you tweet to TFI on Twitter they mainly just redirect you to either Dublin Bus or Go-Ahead.
    It should just be TFI for all of them, or at least have separate TFI accounts for all Dublin City services, all Dublin Commuter Services, etc. to help spread out the workload (using Dublin as an e.g. but would be the same case for the other citys)

Christmas operating hours are up on their website.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/christmas-operating-hours-20192020

Just spotted an error on their website. Christmas Eve is a normal Mon-Fri service on the ODMA routes, with all services finishing before 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Just spotted an error on their website. Christmas Eve is a normal Mon-Fri service on the ODMA routes, with all services finishing before 9.

What is ODMA? Outer Dublin Metropolitan Area?

Qrt wrote: »
    What is ODMA? Outer Dublin Metropolitan Area?

Yup. Basically all the ex-DB routes and the 175.

Why are all the GAI routes finishing earlier on Christmas eve than DB same last year as well

• Advertisement

Joker2019 wrote: »
    Why are all the GAI routes finishing earlier on Christmas than DB same last year as well

Most likely as numbers using service would be so low....

Advertisement