Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

john boye wrote: »
    I really shouldn't bite but.... Last night you said you heard it from a 145 driver you "know". Works for both does he?

whats hard to understand?
    i know a DB driver, is that strange or unusual?
    i was talking to a GA driver on a bus that i was travelling on, is that strange or unusual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

obby1 wrote: »
    i was talking to a GA driver on a bus that i was travelling on, is that strange or unusual?

I hope you weren't talking to the driver while the bus was in motion :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭obby1

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I hope you weren't talking to the driver while the bus was in motion :)

Terminus, waiting for ii to start its journey, nothing nefarious

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RuleNumber6

We've heard the same lack of drivers guff from the same people before every round of the changeover. It's just tiresome now.

Absolutely agree. Every time there is a rumor of dates changing there are always claims that GA can’t get drivers.

The fact is, they stopped advertising for drivers months ago on their website. Why would any company short of people stop advertising on their own website?

When are they going to start delivering SGs to DB in TFI livery as they are now getting 191 deliveries in DB livery only difference is they have large TFI which are the same as the ones on GAI buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

When are they going to start delivering SGs to DB in TFI livery as they are now getting 191 deliveries in DB livery only difference is they have large TFI which are the same as the ones on GAI buses.

The new direct award contract doesn't start till December I think, possibly then?

The new direct award contract doesn't start till December I think, possibly then?

Yes but the current direct award allows the NTA to change the colour scheme of vehicles used in the Dublin contract. Only genuine reason I see is that people will confuse DB buses for GAI ones or vice versa and complain to the wrong company as the NTA have done a woeful job so far of integrating the two services with separate websites, helplines etc.

Saw a GAI ex DB SG being hitched up to a Statewide tow truck today in DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Timetables should be out from Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

ax586 wrote: »
    Timetables should be out from Thursday

You mean Tuesday? Because Thursdays very late to be putting up timetables for routes that are changing over on Sunday.

• Advertisement

p_haugh wrote: »
    You mean Tuesday? Because Thursdays very late to be putting up timetables for routes that are changing over on Sunday.

I seen it on Twitter but now for the life of me I can't find it

Just looked at Go-Ahead's twitter and they replied to someome saying the timetables will be reaeased tomorrow (Tuesday 15th).

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/GoAheadIreland/status/1084887240965320704?s=09

This was an earlier tweet which you were probably thinking of

https://twitter.com/GoAheadIreland/status/1084768424897716224?s=09

I thinks it's poor form that the new timetables are only being released tomorrow. Considering DB released their revised timetables about a week ago now commencing on the same date as the GAI ones. Why couldn't they be released at the same time as the DB ones?

Yeah its a bit of bad planning from the NTA. The timetable info has been on the Journey Planner for a week now, yet it takes them this long to officially announce it?

I thinks it's poor form that the new timetables are only being released tomorrow. Considering DB released their revised timetables about a week ago now commencing on the same date as the GAI ones. Why couldn't they be released at the same time as the DB ones?

GAI have to wait till the NTA give the go ahead to realise it..remember GAI are waiting for NTA to finalise the timetables as they do them not GAI..DB does there own so all get need is NTA to sign them off

ax586 wrote: »
    GAI have to wait till the NTA give the go ahead to realise it..remember GAI are waiting for NTA to finalise the timetables as they do them not GAI..DB does there own so all get need is NTA to sign them off

Yes I am aware of that what I'm saying it's poor form from the NTA not GAI. I have found the NTA very amateur since the launch of the tendered services. I think a lot people are blaming Go-Ahead for issues caused by the NTA rather than GAI but GAI are an easy scapegoat as they're private and English and likely trying to cut costs even if DB won the tender they'd likely experience the same problems if the NTA are making the timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Timetables now online
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/go-ahead-ireland/

Liking the 220 and 239 new timetables

Interesting that the timetable includes a 220a must be the first 4 digit bus number to ever operate in Dublin. Wonder how that will look on an LED display.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

There's a 236a as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Whats the logic behind the odd deaparture times like 4,11,19,32,47,51,59 mins past the hour on routes with hourly or half hourly service. It seems they give the driver exactly 10 or 15 mins to turn around if sticking to the arrival and next departure times. Why not give them the odd amount of mins and let the bus depart at normal time.

The 17s are timetabled for a bus to leave Blackrock 1 min before one is due to arrive. The Rialto 17s depart on clockface times while Blackrock departures are well all over the place.

If this is the type of work the NTA are foucused on and going to be producing someone higher up needs to pull the plug on them before they get too involved in any more projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Interesting that the timetable includes a 220a must be the first 4 digit bus number to ever operate in Dublin. Wonder how that will look on an LED display.

Well there was a 101A many moons ago. I don't think it was actually displayed on the manual scrolls at the time. It was just a sticker in the window job, but definitely operated linking in to Harmonstown DART Station.

https://busrage.com/forums/topic/info-on-old-routes/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Weird that the first 238 from TTwon leaves before 7am, but the first bus from Ladyswell Road isn't until 8am....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

IE 222 wrote: »
    The 17s are timetabled for a bus to leave Blackrock 1 min before one is due to arrive.

It may be deliberate to have buses leave before a train is scheduled to arrive. The DART trains nearly always run a couple of minutes late, some much worse.

If a bus had to wait for a late running rail connection, the 17 buses would be even more unreliable.

Shows the contempt that NTA, DB and IR have for the principle of integrated public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Absolutely agree. Every time there is a rumor of dates changing there are always claims that GA can’t get drivers.

The fact is, they stopped advertising for drivers months ago on their website. Why would any company short of people stop advertising on their own website?

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/drivers

The exact opposite is true. This page has actually been active for months now. They literally say to 'Drop in' anytime for an interview between 8 to 5pm if you have cat D. Fair to say they have needed, and still need, drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

tabbey wrote: »
    It may be deliberate to have buses leave before a train is scheduled to arrive. The DART trains nearly always run a couple of minutes late, some much worse.

If a bus had to wait for a late running rail connection, the 17 buses would be even more unreliable.

Shows the contempt that NTA, DB and IR have for the principle of integrated public transport.

I doubt its timed to work around Dart. The timetable suggests its to keep the number of buses parked there to 1 at a time which in theory is a good idea but to schedule a whole timetable 1 bus departs 1 min before the next arrives on a route that is notoriously unreliable for journey times throughout the day is ridiculous. Its not going to work and will most likely result in major issues.

Weird how they only use a suffix on some of the routes. Some of the services on the 104 are just going to/from Beaumont Hospital and they don't get any suffix on them, yet the once a day 220 via Coolmine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

The 114 timetable is bizarre to say the least!

The last bus from Blackrock leaves at 11:45pm and yet the last bus from Ticknock leaves at 8:25pm (7.25 on sunday)

IE 222 wrote: »
    I doubt its timed to work around Dart.

A number of the timetables have been re-designed to work around DART times, it's there in black and white on the Go-Ahead website as well as the Transport for Ireland one.

• Advertisement

p_haugh wrote: »
    Weird how they only use a suffix on some of the routes. Some of the services on the 104 are just going to/from Beaumont Hospital and they don't get any suffix on them, yet the once a day 220 via Coolmine does.

But correct me if I am wrong, they are just short workings of an existing route aren't they, rather than variations in the route itself?

Advertisement