Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Stephen15 wrote: »
    How the hell does every window of a bus get broken and not a Guard insight never ceases to amaze me?

Mind me asking where this happened as I wouldn't have associated the 44 as being a route that suffers from a lot of anti-social behaviour.

I immediately thought Ballyogan. Bandit country up there at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Won't say too much as ongoing case but it was a passenger.

The windows use to get broken regularly around Ballyogan.

Fair enough

If they used to have have problems in Ballyogan with the 44 then surely those issues still go on today with the 63 but yet I've never heard of DB or GAI pulling the 63 out of Ballyogan. Surprised there haven't been incidents with the Luas either or at least none have been reported.

john boye wrote: »

44 hasn't gone into Ballyogan for a number of years now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Won't say too much as ongoing case but it was a passenger.

The windows use to get broken regularly around Ballyogan.

Not where this occasion.

Price of replacement looking for at tens of thousands likely.

It's pretty difficult to break a window from the inside these days, held in well with screws. I was on a 77A where someone made several attempts to kick out an upstairs window on AV384 with no success two years ago. You'd hear of drivers' tales in Tallaght in the late 90s and the old 77 which regularly had every window smashed.

Must need a weapon to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

44 hasn't gone into Ballyogan for a number of years now.

Forgot that. There used to be fireworks when it did though and I wouldn't be surprised if this incident occurred near it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Fair enough

If they used to have have problems in Ballyogan with the 44 then surely those issues still go on today with the 63 but yet I've never heard of DB or GAI pulling the 63 out of Ballyogan. Surprised there haven't been incidents with the Luas either or at least none have been reported.

It did.

I was actually ambushed years ago by 11 kids where they took over the bus.

They pelted me with oranges, apples, stones and dirt.
    They opened the engine bay, emergency doors, front doors and so on.

I had many a window taken out up there over the years and other areas of course.

There are certain families up there that are happy for their kids to do what they like and let them off to play in the traffic, quite literally.

Funny thing is I had warned control of previous issues that night and asked for assistance, which I never got.
    I called again before last run to say I would not under any circumstances be going back into a serious situation where trouble was inevitable.

They told me some time later that there was a chief inspector there and was driving through and there were no groups.

I agreed to go in then and they said the cops were to be doing a run through...,. Well guess what they lied and then the above happened.

dfx- wrote: »
    It's pretty difficult to break a window from the inside these days, held in well with screws. I was on a 77A where someone made several attempts to kick out an upstairs window on AV384 with no success two years ago. You'd hear of drivers' tales in Tallaght in the late 90s and the old 77 which regularly had every window smashed.

Must need a weapon to do it now.

That's because a foot will actually bounce and the glass does flex.

A number of objects were used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

These vandals should be well punished with a fully functioning transport police on their backs. They have no basis of respect for decent citizens living in this country. To me hearing about what happened on the 7a & 44 routes recently hat is quite a good bit of petty crime to see around this Christmas & New Year period.

What type of buses were in use on the 111 that night?

I don't understand why DB would want to put a bus through an area that suffers from anti social behaviour issues. Aswell as risking injury to drivers and passengers surely it costing DB a lot of money to replace smashed windows and items that get vandalised.

I don't understand why DB would want to put a bus through an area that suffers from anti social behaviour issues. Aswell as risking injury to drivers and passengers surely it costing DB a lot of money to replace smashed windows and items that get vandalised.

I can see why on the pr side but it then looks worse in my view especially when they are warned.

But as it's above my pay grade my opinion doesn't ever count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

These vandals should be well punished with a fully functioning transport police on their backs. They have no basis of respect for decent citizens living in this country. To me hearing about what happened on the 7a & 44 routes recently hat is quite a good bit of petty crime to see around this Christmas & New Year period.

What type of buses were in use on the 111 that night?

Double deckers

I can see why on the pr side but it then looks worse in my view especially when they are warned.

Surely it looks worse for an area if buses are being pulled from that area on a regular basis. I think most reasonable people would agree if DB did pull buses from problem areas when there's attacks on their buses, passengers and drivers buses should then be pulled out of said areas. It also should look worse on AGS for not making enough of an effort to sort these issues out.

I don't think it would effect DBs reputation too much in these areas as they are usually poor socio-economic areas where people can't afford cars and have to rely on the bus also many in these areas would have FTP so DB aren't going to be losing out on too much revenue. I do think people should put post images and try to publicise such incidents in order to put pressure on communities, AGS and local authorities to take action.

Thing I find getting worse is this rubbish of not offending and discrimination yada yada.

Too many are getting away with too much.

Drug addicts taking over big time more then ever.

Big gangs been let Rome but of course they are been discriminated against as they are a minority etc.

We are going down a very slippery slope and to be honest our own government and the EU have a lot to answer for to all this protection of these scum bags.

Prisoners waited on and given so much.

Gardai scarce and can't be bothered.

None out on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm not sure yet. It appeared to happen the night before the bus incident in Lucan. It was in a thread called "Vandals damage bus windows".

What was the Lucan incident?

What was the Lucan incident?

Video of a group of youths attacking a bus in Lucan already a thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Video of a group of youths attacking a bus in Lucan already a thread about it.

Missed that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

john boye wrote: »

Funny, UCD was not much better 10 to 15 years ago with the 10 regularly getting pulled from service, with UCD and the students union begging DB to come back every few months. Young, typically male, students, the supposed future of our country shouting abuse at drivers and throwing cans and whatever was lying around at buses until the windows broke. The shelter was repeatedly getting destroyed.

Lived beside Ballyogan for years, and it is as dodgy as f*ck at times in certain places but no where in Dublin is safe from a shower of pr*cks who think they are untouchable, regardless of what end of the percieved social spectrum they are from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

CramCycle wrote: »
    Funny, UCD was not much better 10 to 15 years ago with the 10 regularly getting pulled from service, with UCD and the students union begging DB to come back every few months. Young, typically male, students, the supposed future of our country shouting abuse at drivers and throwing cans and whatever was lying around at buses until the windows broke. The shelter was repeatedly getting destroyed.

Lived beside Ballyogan for years, and it is as dodgy as f*ck at times in certain places but no where in Dublin is safe from a shower of pr*cks who think they are untouchable, regardless of what end of the percieved social spectrum they are from.

Ballyogan is perhaps the only location in the State where the Gardai had to withdraw completely from due to the severity of physical attacks upon them.

For several hours last year,Garda authority did not extend to this estate.

That incident,and the very obvious lack of Garda preparation is a VERY significant milestone in Irish Social History,and may yet come to be regarded as such.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-hit-with-metal-baseball-bat-during-dublin-18-incident-1.3478049
    As that was under way, a large number people began to gather outside the property. The two gardaí on the scene found themselves surrounded and deployed their batons and incapacitant sprays.

Reinforcements arrived but the gardaí still found themselves significantly outnumbered. Garda sources said there was a concern that the situation was about to escalate sharply, As that was under way, a large number people began to gather outside the property. The two gardaí on the scene found themselves surrounded and deployed their batons and incapacitant sprays.

Reinforcements arrived but the gardaí still found themselves significantly outnumbered. Garda sources said there was a concern that the situation was about to escalate sharply, so they decided to withdraw and regroup ahead of a follow-up operation.So they decided to withdraw and regroup ahead of a follow-up operation.

:mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I've waited 3½ hours for assistance.

It happened again last night this time on the 45A
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158005506169097&id=695449096

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

ax586 wrote: »

Sorry but while the pic of the broken window might be real, the injuries are not.

Skin scratches with fingernails. 100% fake. They must think they can get a few €€€€.

How many rocks are able to leave perfectly formed red scars having hit a window and multiple persons?

What was the rock fired with? A 11 inch gun??

Compo claims galore!

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Sorry but while the pic of the broken window might be real, the injuries are not.

Skin scratches with fingernails. 100% fake. They must think they can get a few €€€€.

How many rocks are able to leave perfectly formed red scars having hit a window and multiple persons?

What was the rock fired with? A 11 inch gun??

I don't know about the injuries but I did see the bus in the depot this morning with the hole in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

On the TFI journey planner site, timetables have not gone up yet! but according to the journey planner:

220 is extended to The Helix, DCU, operating hourly up until 10pm approx 7 days a week

114 is extended to 7 day operation, operating hourly, with last bus 11.30ish weekdays and around 10pm sundays

239 is extended to 7 day operation, operating hourly up until 23.30hrs

Thats all i've seen so far

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well feck. I had contacted GAI regarding extending the 239 route and it was considered, but I guess they're running the route as-is :/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SG317

Route 104 is also extended to Clontarf Station

SG317 wrote: »
    Route 104 is also extended to Clontarf Station

Sorry I meant to say that! Slipped the mind!

Well feck. I had contacted GAI regarding extending the 239 route and it was considered, but I guess they're running the route as-is :/

Where were you suggesting extending it to?

ax586 wrote: »
    I don't know about the injuries but I did see the bus in the depot this morning with the hole in the window

Guy who it happened to was interviewed on 98fm and the whole window smashed shortly afterwards due it being safety glass.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thomasj wrote: »
    Where were you suggesting extending it to?

Well theres a disrepancy in the Grifeen area. Bus just completely drives through it, was suggesting to link with the start of the 151 line, and then add stops on the Ballyowen road so that it links back up with the 25s. Wouldn't add too much time to a bus that I've never seen beyond 25% capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Anything for the 17.

Advertisement