Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I hope someone shows them how to park and leave adequate space at the dundrum Luas terminus.

14, 44, 161 and Dublin coach.

It's getting very crowded also as 75&175 are now coming through it also.

Oh and private buses/coaches parking along with cars dropping off and collecting mostly from the Dublin Coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The 17 no longer using the Owenstown Park entrance and looping around UCD and back on the N11 is this not delaying the journey? Will it go back to using it once the building work is finished? What's the story?

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The 17 no longer using the Owenstown Park entrance and looping around UCD and back on the N11 is this not delaying the journey? Will it go back to using it once the building work is finished? What's the story?

It should do as that's what the bus gate was put in for.

Think it will be out near 2 years when done so I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

It should do as that's what the bus gate was put in for.

Think it will be out near 2 years when done so I heard.

Yes. Plans show bus bays included on a re-aligned access road from Owenstown Park. Only route 175 is cited but undoubtedly route 17 would return to that routing too.
    From ucdplanning.ie:
    Vol 6.3.001_C1000_Proposed Roads Layout.pdf (14.96 MB)

Longer term, the Bus Connects documents refer to an eventual relocation of the main bus park on the campus to north of the main gate, allowing easier interchange with the routes running along the Stillorgan dual carriageway with orbital routes coming through the campus via both the Owenstown and Clonskeagh entrances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I hope someone shows them how to park and leave adequate space at the dundrum Luas terminus.

The way some Dublin Coach drivers park, it's often impossible for other buses to serve that stop without leaving the arse of their bus sticking out. The NTA really needs to reroute the 75 away from Dundrum Main St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Interesting I was under the impression that the 161 was to be operated by double deckers according to a GAI tweet anyway.

Obviously I don’t know if it’s to stay as a single decker but I’ve never seen that bus with many on it. I assumed they used a double decker as it was used on other routes in between doing the 161.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RuleNumber6

xper wrote: »
    Yes. Plans show bus bays included on a re-aligned access road from Owenstown Park. Only route 175 is cited but undoubtedly route 17 would return to that routing too.
    From ucdplanning.ie:
    Vol 6.3.001_C1000_Proposed Roads Layout.pdf (14.96 MB)

Longer term, the Bus Connects documents refer to an eventual relocation of the main bus park on the campus to north of the main gate, allowing easier interchange with the routes running along the Stillorgan dual carriageway with orbital routes coming through the campus via both the Owenstown and Clonskeagh entrances

Interestingly, looking at the stop lists, it appears the NTA have the 17 stopping along the Stillorgan Road on the diversion route - stops DB have refused to acknowledge since the access road into UCD was closed.

Edit: Sorry - my mistake - seems some of these stops have been added to the website, although not all it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

14, 44, 161 and Dublin coach.

It's getting very crowded also as 75&175 are now coming through it also.

Oh and private buses/coaches parking along with cars dropping off and collecting mostly from the Dublin Coach.

Don't forget the 17D as well. That route starts/ends at the Dundrum Luas terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Whats the story with GAI Kildare commuter routes as it appears JJ Kavanagh is running a new route from Naas -Dublin City-Dublin Airport starting end of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Interestingly, looking at the stop lists, it appears the NTA have the 17 stopping along the Stillorgan Road on the diversion route - stops DB have refused to acknowledge since the access road into UCD was closed.

Edit: Sorry - my mistake - seems some of these stops have been added to the website, although not all it would seem.

It seems like Dublin Bus were treating it as an ongoing 'Diversion', rather then a complete change in the routing.

• Advertisement

soundman45 wrote: »
    Whats the story with GAI Kildare commuter routes as it appears JJ Kavanagh is running a new route from Naas -Dublin City-Dublin Airport starting end of Feb.

Rumours it won't be until November. I can't comment on the validity of these rumours but I can't see the BE routes transferring until well after the whole DB transfers are bedded in and running well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The changes to the 239 first bus with less than a week's notice are a complete fcuk up.

The changes to the 239 first bus with less than a week's notice are a complete fcuk up.

I think you're being a bit cynical there. The route now has a consistent hourly timetable and a Sunday service which it does not currently have.

For those who might be interested the first GAI GTs are supposed to finally enter service tomorrow. I believe GAI were giving them an overhaul before they enter service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I think you're being a bit cynical there. The route now has a consistent hourly timetable and a Sunday service which it does not currently have.

Of course you do.

I commented on one change only not the overall changes. The change to first bus times itself is poor but there is absolutely no excuse for less than a week's notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Is that the last of buses from Dublin Bus going to Go Ahead? If not what other routes are going?

Is that the last of buses from Dublin Bus going to Go Ahead? If not what other routes are going?

18 and 76/a are going on the 10th Feburary

The change to first bus times itself is poor but there is absolutely no excuse for less than a week's notice.

The less than a weeks notice is not ideal but hardly a complete fcuk as you referred to it as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

When are Dublin Bus changing over to the new colour scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Possibly from as early as February is what I heard

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    When are Dublin Bus changing over to the new colour scheme?

I've heard it won't be until next year or whenever the hybrids are delivered I've heard there will be a fairly substantial delivery of new buses this year to replace the AXs whether they'll be SGs or hybrids that is not yet clear.

I am starting to think though it may be premature to start putting DB buses into TFI livery considering the pretty poor job that the NTA have done of integrating DB and GAI services into the one data base, website etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

p_haugh wrote: »
    Possibly from as early as February is what I heard

I kinda think it's cool having the two colour schemes running around.

The new one has grown on me, glad they kept the yellow front.

Just a bit weird they had to change it. I thought it was fine personally, even just a face lift to it would have done!

I see a bus in Maynooth maybe a local one, thing was like a moving disco with the blue leds on the inside, anyone know what route it was? Single decker if that helps.

I see a bus in Maynooth maybe a local one, thing was like a moving disco with the blue leds on the inside, anyone know what route it was? Single decker if that helps.

Party bus perhaps no?

Just a bit weird they had to change it. I thought it was fine personally, even just a face lift to it would have done!

Some coaches were fitted with blue interior aisle lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Party bus perhaps no?

That's the 40

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lucan123

The less than a weeks notice is not ideal but hardly a complete fcuk as you referred to it as.

As the first departure to Blanch is half an hour later, which means you cant use the 239 to get to work on time then you have every right to think it is a mess

Anyone I have mentioned it to was completely unaware of the timetable change - so my guess is there will be a lot of cold frustrated people on Monday morning waiting for the 239 (both ways)

Lucan123 wrote: »
    As the first departure to Blanch is half an hour later, which means you cant use the 239 to get to work on time then you have every right to think it is a mess

Anyone I have mentioned it to was completely unaware of the timetable change - so my guess is there will be a lot of cold frustrated people on Monday morning waiting for the 239 (both ways)

This then needs to be brought to the attention of the nta and get enough people to make noise and it will be sorted.

Lucan123 wrote: »

Are there a lot of people relying on the first 239? First 239 ex Blanch is now at 06:10. Half an hour later may suit more people as more people start work between 07:30 and 08:00 than between 07:00 and 07:30. When the 45a, 59, 63 and 75 moved there was less than a weeks notice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lucan123

Are there a lot of people relying on the first 239? First 239 ex Blanch is now at 06:10. Half an hour later may suit more people as more people start work between 07:30 and 08:00 than between 07:00 and 07:30.

I'm glad you can see my point, as you say more people start work between 07:30 and 08:00, so the new timetable for the 239 will not get people to work on time in Blanch unless their work is on top of the bus stop – the alternative is to leave a lot earlier and go via the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

That's the 139 that runs from Blanchardstown to naas via maynooth. It's operated by JJ kavanagh.

I was looking at the blue lights you mention while waiting on a bus in Blanchardstown last night .

Advertisement