Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

The 75 managed ok with AXs until the timetable changed in May 2017. The morning peak frequency dropped from every 15/20 minutes to every 30. Dublin Bus put VTs on the service from Tallaght to try cope however the buses were full by Old Bawn.

The new 75/75A timetable with Go Ahead has increased the early morning frequency and capacity which is a positive for SG use, however there is a large 55 minute gap in service between 07:46 and 8:41 which is causing problems - the service has 7 departures between 6am and 7.46, and then nothing for almost an hour in morning peak.

The suggestion that VTs were lying spare in the depot is incorrect. They were and still are allocated to the duties that need them most. They are an excellent people mover and work well on busy peak time routes which is why they were allocated to the likes of the 33x, 66x, 67x, 84x, 116 etc in addition to the 39a and 46a.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Look don't believe me I've come across many with blocked cards.

They break the card and give the working pass to their wife/husband etc etc.....

Some do so as they don't want to be tracked.

People sit on them or they get bent and snap.

The other day was shown one where the hidden chip was just a hole and the other metal info store chip was completely gone with a huge hole instead.

Quite a number of them are broken.

Yep agreed. I have come across a good few bus passes that break easily or stop working for no reason

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The new 185 service since Go Ahead took over is a farce and a joke

Palermo used to get about 4 or 5 buses a day into it and now it gets about 30 and this has caused numerous crashes because you often get 3 buses up there at the same time and they get stuck. It has also added lots of unnecessary journey time to Enniskerry commuters.

The NTA simply have not got a clue what they are doing. There were good reasons Dublin Bus provided 4 or 5 buses a day to Palermo and not 30. A: avoiding congestion, B:meeting demand and C: Providing a good reliable timely service to all. The new timetable creates congestion, creates dangerous driving conditions, is excessive for the demand and makes Enniskerry users much later than they should be

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Palermo used to get about 4 or 5 buses a day into it and now it gets about 30 and this has caused numerous crashes because you often get 3 buses up there at the same time and they get stuck. It has also added lots of unnecessary journey time to Enniskerry commuters.

The NTA simply have not got a clue what they are doing. There were good reasons Dublin Bus provided 4 or 5 buses a day to Palermo and not 30. A: avoiding congestion, B:meeting demand and C: Providing a good reliable timely service to all. The new timetable creates congestion, creates dangerous driving conditions, is excessive for the demand and makes Enniskerry users much later than they should be

Agreed the NTA have made a few dodgy calls. None have been as ridiculous as running the 75 via Dundrum Village. You can walk from Sydenham Road to Dundrum Village quicker than staying on the 75.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Posts relating to BE services transfering to Go-Ahead and vehicle choices have been moved here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057941569#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Demand for a regular bus service in that estate might be low, but the same argument could be made for getting rid of lots of public services, including the entire 185. The people who do use the 185 from Palermo are mostly elderly, and are delighted to have a frequent and accessible bus to the town and DART station.

The dangerous driving conditions aren't caused by the buses or the timetable. They're caused by the selfish and inconsiderate behaviour of a minority of residents, who park badly (especially on St Peter's Road, where almost every house has off-street parking), refuse to give way to buses, and clearly don't give a damn about people who rely on public transport. I've been reading a local Facebook page (Bray Open Forum), and pretty much all of the complaints about the 185 are from idiots moaning that they had to stop for a second to let a bus pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Palermo had a dB universal running every 20 minutes from either end(one bus) so a 40 minutes service.

It breaker for an hour and same driver would then finish out the shift with last run around 1730 or so.
    Started after 9am.

There were a few 185 enniskerry buses scheduled at other times and weekends.

They use to serve faserou estate also but the bus had to mount the path or reverse to get a turn at the end of the estate.

Demand for a regular bus service in that estate might be low, but the same argument could be made for getting rid of lots of public services, including the entire 185. The people who do use the 185 from Palermo are mostly elderly, and are delighted to have a frequent and accessible bus to the town and DART station.

The dangerous driving conditions aren't caused by the buses or the timetable. They're caused by the selfish and inconsiderate behaviour of a minority of residents, who park badly (especially on St Peter's Road, where almost every house has off-street parking), refuse to give way to buses, and clearly don't give a damn about people who rely on public transport. I've been reading a local Facebook page (Bray Open Forum), and pretty much all of the complaints about the 185 are from idiots moaning that they had to stop for a second to let a bus pass.

Fair point I think the likes of the Palermo estate would be better served by a Bray town service rather than a bus going elsewhere. The 145 used to be a Bray local that ran frequently between Kilmac and Palermo so perhaps such a service would be better than having one that then continues on elsewhere. I think there some room for a Bray local service in addition to the other routes serving the town such the 45a, 84/a, 145, 184 and 185.

KD345 wrote: »
    The suggestion that VTs were lying spare in the depot is incorrect. They were and still are allocated to the duties that need them most. They are an excellent people mover and work well on busy peak time routes which is why they were allocated to the likes of the 33x, 66x, 67x, 84x, 116 etc in addition to the 39a and 46a.

Coming to think about I probably badly interpreted my post about the VTs lying spare. Thee point I was more trying to make was that they would be better off on other routes which aren't operated out Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Fair point I think the likes of the Palermo estate would be better served by a Bray town service rather than a bus going elsewhere. The 145 used to be a Bray local that ran frequently between Kilmac and Palermo so perhaps such a service would be better than having one that then continues on elsewhere. I think there some room for a Bray local service in addition to the other routes serving the town such the 45a, 84/a, 145, 184 and 185.

A service running from Kilmac to Palermo, via Wolfe Tone and the DART station would be ideal, and would simplify both the 185 and the 45a.

• Advertisement

A service running from Kilmac to Palermo, via Wolfe Tone and the DART station would be ideal, and would simplify both the 185 and the 45a.

Bus Connects is pllaning the route 212 from Ballywaltrim to Bray Station and then the E1 will run from Bray Station to Northwood over in Ballymun as a replacement for the 145 while the 212 will replace the 145 in West Bray. So we'll have to wait and see when the next revisions of BC will come about.

When the original 145 ran it was high frequency and used city imp minibuses. The 45a only ran as far as the DART station it didn't go to Ballywaltrim and later Kilmac. The 45a was extended to Ballywaltrim to make up for the loss of service to the Dart station from West Bray. Also some 145s used to run via the Dart station until Network Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

I drive this route tell me when u get 3 buses up there at the same time..you would usually get 2 one to Enniskerry and one to bray behind each other and it’s not GAI fault there going in there all day..why don’t you complain to the NTA and the reason it has a service for the day is because there is politics involved one is a minister at the minute and demanded that it’s goes in all day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some of the Go-Ahead Ireland SGs were seen driving off from Phoenix Park in the documentary on Pope Francis Irish visit. It was shown tonight on RTÉ One.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I think the OP means to extend the service to Swords using the same route with an extension to Swords.

He clearly said operate it from Blanchardstown Centre.

Does anyone know what date GA are due to take over the 220, 238 etc etc?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

LorelaiG wrote: »
    He clearly said operate it from Blanchardstown Centre.

Does anyone know what date GA are due to take over the 220, 238 etc etc?

January 19th IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

January 19th IIRC.

Its actually the 20th, as they do the changeover on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Go-Ahead Revenue Protection Officer on a 75 today.

The topic of NTA/TFI or GAI checking for fare evasion, seems to be a GAI duty.

tabbey wrote: »
    Go-Ahead Revenue Protection Officer on a 75 today.

The topic of NTA/TFI or GAI checking for fare evasion, seems to be a GAI duty.

GAI must be relying on drivers and inspectors to work as revenue protection same as DB as they never advertised for them. Was it just one person checking tickets and passes or was there a number of them as I thought revenue protection had to work with two or more for health and safety reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

[QUOTE=Stephen15;109038972) Was it just one person checking tickets and passes or was there a number of them as I thought revenue protection had to work with two or more for health and safety reasons?[/QUOTE]

One man on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Bray Head

Bray Main Street was closed most of yesterday due to a fire.

This impacted DB and GAI services. The info on the DB website was unclear, the info on the GAI website was sadly even worse!

Appalling service given I'd estimate 2,000 bus passengers pass through Bray Main Street daily. It's really not good enough.

This is something that the NTA needs to do centrally and much, much better.

• Advertisement

I just heard from another forum site that a GAI bus had 2 windows smashed while on the 111 in Louglinstown Park 3 nights ago. Anyone have more details?

I just heard from another forum site that a GAI bus had 2 windows smashed while on the 111 in Louglinstown Park 3 nights ago. Anyone have more details?

Was this an accident or anti social behaviour?

Was this an accident or anti social behaviour?

I'm not sure yet. It appeared to happen the night before the bus incident in Lucan. It was in a thread called "Vandals damage bus windows".

I'm not sure yet. It appeared to happen the night before the bus incident in Lucan. It was in a thread called "Vandals damage bus windows".

Interesting if it was anti-social behaviour that GAI didn't pull the 111 from Loughlinstown for an hour as with DBs procedure. It would surely be good if in these incidents GAI and DB could notify and both could pull buses if both operate in an area.

Interesting if it was anti-social behaviour that GAI didn't pull the 111 from Loughlinstown for an hour as with DBs procedure. It would surely be good if in these incidents GAI and DB could notify and both could pull buses if both operate in an area.

It happened New year's night
    I was driving the 111 on New year's night and the other 111 went in after me and got its Windows smashed..I the got called over the radio to not go into loughlinstown park for the rest of the night

ax586 wrote: »
    I was driving the 111 on New year's night and one of the buses was attacked..I got called over the radio to not go into loughlinstown for the rest of the night

Go-Ahead should really be reporting this on to customers on their website and via Twitter. Mind you I haven't seen DB posting that the 7a was attacked there lately so unless they don't report it there anymore if it's happening.

Go-Ahead should really be reporting this on to customers on their website and via Twitter. Mind you I haven't seen DB posting that the 7a was attacked there lately so unless they don't report it there anymore if it's happening.

In fairness people where waiting outside the estate they said the knew the 111 where pulled..most people saw it happen anyway that got on my bus

Windows getting smashed is nothing new.

Only a week or so ago a 44 had not one, not 2 but every single window smashed completely.

Up and down.

Windows getting smashed is nothing new.

Only a week or so ago a 44 had not one, not 2 but every single window smashed completely.

Up and down.

How the hell does every window of a bus get broken and not a Guard insight never ceases to amaze me?

Mind me asking where this happened as I wouldn't have associated the 44 as being a route that suffers from a lot of anti-social behaviour.

• Advertisement

How the hell does every window of a bus get broken and not a Guard insight never ceases to amaze me?

Mind me asking where this happened as I wouldn't have associated the 44 as being a route that suffers from a lot of anti-social behaviour.

Won't say too much as ongoing case but it was a passenger.

The windows use to get broken regularly around Ballyogan.

Not where this occasion.

Price of replacement looking for at tens of thousands likely.

Advertisement