Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather vs McGregor - Event Thread **MOD WARNING POST 1- DO NOT IGNORE!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gervonta Davis missed weight by 2 pounds and stripped of his title. His opponent can still win the belt. Mayweather not happy with that I'd say.

I feel a bit sorry for Davis. Everyone telling him he's potential to be one of the best ever, and he certainly looks the real deal. He's defending a world title, and they feed him an absolute nobody. Fonseca's last 4 opponents had the following records:

10-20-1
    22-8-1
    6-16
    17-8-3

And beating those duds entitled him to a world title shot!
    Davis is 1/100 with some bookies.

People joke about the Mayweather-McGregor fight being a joke, but here you have an actual "world" title on the line. No wonder Davis couldnt get motivated, I'm sure he'd much prefer to be fighting actual contenders.

Thankfully Jack-Cleverly isn't a complete foregone conclusion and should provide some excitement from the undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thought I read she was due to play a festival so not as bad as cancelling a standalone gig.

Plus it's too big a stage to turn down. Fair play to her.
    I read that the festival/concert was at a school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mellor wrote:
    I read that the festival/concert was at a school.

Down on the Close festival in Rugby school. No brainer for her to cancel. Sorry kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Down on the Close festival in Rugby school. No brainer for her to cancel. Sorry kids!
    Yeah really sounds like she just happened to be playing at some random hobnob event. And nobody there was really there to see her.
    It's completely different to cancelling a regular show aimed towards actual fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah really sounds like she just happened to be playing at some random hobnob event. And nobody there was really there to see her.
    It's completely different to cancelling a regular show aimed towards actual fans.

Yeah, 450th anniversary of the school, or something.

Just read that they are looking into the possibility of legal action against her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi I know it was silly waiting until last minute to sign up to virgin to watch the match ,i have tried a couple of times online but when it comes to complete order it just stops responding can anyone help with this .thanks

Hi I know it was silly waiting until last minute to sign up to virgin to watch the match ,i have tried a couple of times online but when it comes to complete order it just stops responding can anyone help with this .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

noble00 wrote: »

I just ordered there now, no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thank I'm going to try again fingers crossed

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

noble00 wrote: »

Make sure you don't order it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Make sure you don't order it twice.

Classic! LOL

Just got it don't think I ordered twice this was the first time it fully completed, god I would be a bit pissed if I did 😂

Ha ha just copped on 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

haha the armchair psychologists were out in full force in this thread last night

For those that missed it. Floyd crashes the Showtime panel (@ 5m 25s):

Thats a great discussion and wow, Mayweather hopping in for a chat- yesterday I would have gone more with McGregor based on youth, agility and stamina over skill- but One guy on that show saying McGregor doesn't have the stamina to go all the way-and he fought him- interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Thought I read she was due to play a festival so not as bad as cancelling a standalone gig.

Plus it's too big a stage to turn down. Fair play to her.

She had to do it. Because it was such short notice, she probably got paid very well. Apart from the pay day. As you say that level of exposure is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 im6foot4

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, you do know I won't have any?

I told you this already..

It's 'if' now? What happened to 'when?' The mask is slipping..

Don't delete your comments tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mayweather likes to move out of the way of a fight, only engaging when needed. I expect he will simply have more of a boxing brain in there, and that McGinnty will walk on to his punches. Mayweather could finish this inside 3 rounds if needed, but he's a safety first person so he may leave it run for longer while winning every round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

i am trying to get the fight, i am putting my cc in, it is only displays sterling price... and says it can only accept crdcards from GB ?
    any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

im6foot4 wrote: »
    Don't delete your comments tomorrow

Delete?

Be closing my fooking account tomorrow if some here have their way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

i see alot of the dublin bars showing it are havin to cancel the events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Does anyone know what time the fight will be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Does anyone know what time the fight will be starting?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104489027&postcount=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Oops missed that! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The main event begins at 4am BST, but the fight itself may start closer to 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

walshb wrote: »
    Be closing my fooking account tomorrow if some here have their way!

You'll do fookin nuttin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Final Prediction. Floyd by TKO between Rounds 3 and 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

If anybody has used the sky box office online option (i.e. not a sky customer) could they confirm whether or not the broadcast is in HD, as I know Virgin don't get access to the HD stream

Advertisement