Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather vs McGregor - Event Thread **MOD WARNING POST 1- DO NOT IGNORE!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Honestly can't wait for your excuses if Conor KO's him. It'll be like reading a Tom Clancy novel with the amount you'll have ready.

FFS, you do know I won't have any?

I told you this already..

It's 'if' now? What happened to 'when?' The mask is slipping..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

internet issues tonight walsh b or getting new material?

fcuk me paddy power gettin some stick on twitter lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, you do know I won't have any?

I told you this already..

It's 'if' now? What happened to 'when?' The mask is slipping..

How is the mask slipping when I have already picked Conor to win by decision?

I said "if he knocks him out". I don't think he will knock him out. I think he drops him multiple times like the Diaz contest and wins a decision. Floyd is a warrior.

How is the mask slipping when I have already picked Conor to win by decision?

I said "if he knocks him out". I don't think he will knock him out. I think he drops him multiple times like the Diaz contest and wins a decision. Floyd is a warrior.

Fair enough. Trying to follow and keep up with all the bonkers scenarios you've thought up is just too much work..

I'll take your word for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I believe Conor will do an Ali and '' Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee ''

please don't even put his name in the same sentence as Ali

• Advertisement

Have to laugh at the last sentence...one of your best. Floyd is a warrior..

Lucky for him, eh? Otherwise he wouldn't survive the 12...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Oscar needs to chill and just see it for what it is. An event disguised as a boxing contest..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

all this shouting and roaring by Conor in Mayweather's face at the weigh in makes me think he's scared tbh,floyd is way cooler and will let his fists and brain do the talking

Have to laugh at the last sentence...one of your best. Floyd is a warrior..

Lucky for him, eh? Otherwise he wouldn't survive the 12...

In your expert opinion, Conor couldn't even compete with a club level Irish boxer...

We'll see. It's a fight anything can happen. I've made many incorrect fight picks on this forum, this won't be the first or last if Conor loses.

• Advertisement

Anyone think the smart money is DQ win for Floyd?

Conor looks to quit and get out when it's clear he's in over his head and hurting?

In your expert opinion, Conor couldn't even compete with a club level Irish boxer...

Not sure what this has to do with my post...deflection..

Anyone think the smart money is DQ win for Floyd?

Conor looks to quit and get out when it's clear he's in over his head and hurting?

Paulie Malignaggi's official prediction is Floyd to win by DQ, it's what he told Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Official now anyway. So all the 'Who'll sing the Foggy Dew guessing' was a waste of time.

DIHQuLPWsAAt6Pc.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ImeldaOfficial/status/901234521290493952

Fair play to her. Good voice, good Dublin city girl.

If you haven't watched boxing in a while it'll be pretty underwhelming - ring walk walk will hype things up a good bit, then there'll be some standing around in the ring doing dick all for a few mins before the anthems are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Official now anyway. So all the 'Who'll sing the Foggy Dew guessing' was a waste of time.

DIHQuLPWsAAt6Pc.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ImeldaOfficial/status/901234521290493952

Pretty poor on her part, she was headlining a festival in the UK and has pulled it, i'd be raging if i was the promoter and would sue her for as much as i could

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Fair play to her. Good voice, good Dublin city girl.

If you haven't watched boxing in a while it'll be pretty underwhelming - ring walk walk will hype things up a good bit, then there'll be some standing around in the ring doing dick all for a few mins before the anthems are done.

For the first time its just hit me that Amhran Na Bhfiann is going to be played at the biggest PPV event of all time, in a boxing ring in Las Vegas minutes before a fight against Floyd Mayweather.

This is mental.

gilmour wrote: »
    For the first time its just hit me that Amhran Na Bhfiann is going to be played at the biggest PPV event of all time, in a boxing ring in Las Vegas minutes before a fight against Floyd Mayweather.

This is mental.

Not that it matters one iota but I don't know if it'll be "played" or just sung. The yanks generally have someone with a serious set of pipes on them doing them a capella.

Dana's a tight ****. Should have brought over the Artane Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Official now anyway. So all the 'Who'll sing the Foggy Dew guessing' was a waste of time

She won't be singing The Foggy Dew. She's there to sign Amhrán na bhFiann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not a fan of mcgregors mouth and I know it is part of the show. However he is Irish and successful and I'll be rooting for him in about 24 hours.

She won't be singing The Foggy Dew. She's there to sign Amhrán na bhFiann.

Eh, cheers Captain Obvious, that's what I just said and also what the tweet said that I posted.... which was in the same post you just took that quote from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Conor looked horrible there. He hasn't looked that bad since the last time he cut to 145.

Ariel nearly arrested for......... walking.

https://twitter.com/MMAcardboard/status/901244617651134465

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Conor should aim for 162 or so..

Floyd be likely 153 in the ring..

It won't go past 6 rds either way..
    Why do you think he'll be heavier tomorrow? If he was 1lb underweight why would be cut down another 4lbs?
    Maybe it's part of his ritual I dunno. But cutting anyweight is a load a balls, there's no way I'd do it unnecessarily.

For those that missed it. Floyd crashes the Showtime panel (@ 5m 25s):

Mellor wrote: »
    Why do you think he'll be heavier tomorrow? If he was 1lb underweight why would be cut down another 4lbs?
    Maybe it's part of his ritual I dunno. But cutting anyweight is a load a balls, there's no way I'd do it unnecessarily.

I see what you mean..

I guess just that he trained and lived and 149 was his weight..

From weigh in to ring he likely fuelling and no sweating so to speak..no training session..relaxing, eating and drinking.

I doubt he is in the ring that ripped and tight later tonight/tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

I see what you mean..

I guess just that he trained and lived and 149 was his weight..

From weigh in to ring he likely fuelling and no sweating so to speak..no training session..relaxing, eating and drinking.

I doubt he is in the ring that ripped and tight later tonight/tomorrow.

Yeah, but if he wasn't actually cutting, the weight probably isn't there to put back on

Advertisement