Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does your username mean/ why did you pick it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

I couldn't think of a handle...was watching Deadpool and as there was some issue with ****biscuit... Here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In honor of the right honorable Bertie the original RobbingBandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Coz I'm miserable and lonely and bitter about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Coz I'm miserable and lonely and bitter about it!

You're not. You're with us, on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It was a Monday. #Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Where I'm from and age at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Where I'm from and age at the time

So, now you're the age that's the answer to Life, the universe and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

My lifelong eczema/dermatitis was effectively cured recently thanks to a plant based/vegan diet.

I've been eating lots of veg/fruits recently.

So I had that sort of thing on my mind when I was signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So, now you're the age that's the answer to Life, the universe and everything.

Yeah I'm the Irish 3 eyed raven

Pet name my dad calls me because he thinks I'm sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

It's an elongated version of my name, but not the actual elongated version of name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

vegetables wrote: »
    My lifelong eczema/dermatitis was effectively cured recently thanks to a plant based/vegan diet.

I've been eating lots of veg/fruits recently.

So I had that sort of thing on my mind when I was signing up.

I do like all these usernames what have meaning/something worthwhile behind them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Candie wrote: »
    Pet name my dad calls me because he thinks I'm sweet.

Little... Does.... He.... Know !

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thedebatelad

Cause i'm a nerd who can't ever keep his mouth shut.. so why not call yourself thedebatelad? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Stargate Atlantis was playing when I signed up. Didn't imagine at the time my account was going to be a long term thing.

The odd time someone tries to insult me by saying "sure your taste in TV is ****e" and it honestly takes me a while to figure out what they're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Welly is the name I've been called by my granddad since I was small. Now lots of people call me it. One of my nephews didn't know I had a real name they just assumed welly was my real name! People are often amazed that I'm not in fact a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

A nickname from some people on Boards I got when I was on my old account. So I decided to use it for this one when I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I thought it was hilarious at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious at the time.

Of all the explanations so far this is the one I believe the least :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

I am guilty of stealing my user name from this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057175682, I couldn't think of anything good the day I joined and saw this thread on the home page and thought that will do. I then added the ... for my own bit of uniqueness:pac:!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So what does your username mean?
    Nothing other than it's related quite closely to my name in real-life - but misspelled owing to the login having been chosen for a separate website one evening, while quite plastered. It serves as a daily caution.
    Obviously mine refers to Lady Macbeth from the play Macbeth by Shakespeare. She is one cruel lady who knows how to manipulate men by using her sexuality, just like myself of course :pac:
    Lady McBeth also went mad, was written out of the script and died in anonymity - if I were you, I'd choose another login :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Luhkuhduhtuhv

Remember that LCD bravia TV advert a few years ago where they released thousands of balls down the street in San Francisco? For some reason it popped into my head, then I remembered a prank show on channel 4 where they called them luh cuh duh tuhvs, and the rest is history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

As a fan of Person of Interest, one of the early bad-guy-companies in the show was Virtanen Pharmaceuticals. Thought the name sounded cool, so I started using it here and elsewhere on the web

I thought it was just a made-up name that the writers came up with, but it turns out Virtanen is one of the most common surnames in Finland, so I've had a few people assume I was Finnish, but alas I am not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Pet name my husband gave me. Okay imagine saying the word princess when you're really bunged up with a heavy cold. its always available as a username no matter what site I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I was looking at a fruit bowl and I can't spell....twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I like boats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Very boring but it is actuley my name in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mine is the name of a device used to read codes from a Nissan.
    It was also the title of my first message/thread.
    I wanted to sign up to ask for a link to buy the device, and I couldnt think of a name. So yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mynameisjohnny

I picked my username because my name is Johnny

Advertisement