Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does your username mean/ why did you pick it?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

I know, I know, these threads have probably been done to death. However, people change their names, close their accounts etc, so usernames do change.

So what does your username mean?

Obviously mine refers to Lady Macbeth from the play Macbeth by Shakespeare. She is one cruel lady who knows how to manipulate men by using her sexuality, just like myself of course :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I know, I know, these threads have probably been done to death. However, people change their names, close their accounts etc, so usernames do change.

So what does your username mean?

Obviously mine refers to Lady Macbeth from the play Macbeth by Shakespeare. She is one cruel lady who knows how to manipulate men by using her sexuality, just like myself of course :pac:

That Shakespeare fellah makes some fine fishing pole too.

My own name is from the area of Dublin I'm from.. the Four Corners of Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mine is lcadne backwards. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Ive had a few near misses and reckon on on my 9th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

A line from Pulp Fiction where the annoying french chick tells Bruce to "get up you lazy bones". He was tired, in bed, and someone was telling him to get up out of bed. It struck a chord. I chose the 32 bit 'cos some inferior creature took the name before me.

• Advertisement

Favorite song..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,455 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I was reading a translation of The Odyssey during the first time I had to come up with a username to register on an online discussion site. 06 might be the year I joined Boards... if that's possible.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

was always a fan of Tito so chose Josip Broz.
    Years later I discovered that Tito wasn't actually Josip Broz, but an NKVD plant.
    My boards.ie experience has rung a bit hollow ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

My profession.

I admittedly did a name change in recent weeks.

Prior to that it was a previous transport related interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I'm a priest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

My granny always said she was a descendent of the Spanish Armada. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Misspelled name of a character from the Fr. Ted Christmas special.

There are a good few Fr. Ted characters out there.

Edit: There is one now just a few posts up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My own name is from the area of Dublin I'm from.. the Four Corners of Hell.

I lived in Dublin for a while but never heard of it, just googled it now, interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I dislike cutlery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

My username was the username of the first man I killed. He won't be needing it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just random letters typed quite blindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

It's a nonsense name I made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Without the man in my username, there would be no boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

My vanity plus my love for electronic dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

"Fine so mom I'll do them" is what my sons used to say to me when negotiating how many jobs they would have to do for lifts or pocket money. One of them had just said it as I was signing up to boards. Works out backwards too cos I happen to be a mom so fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Killer whale in sea world.

Killed three people whilst in captivity.

Watch the documentary 'blackfish'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

You'd never guess how I picked mine! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm sitting in the toilet at the moment, if I look down I can see where I got my name from, now good night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Favourite character from a She-Ra when i was a child. Then my dad started calling me it whenever I was about to get in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Vaguely recall someone on telly being called a fussy onion years ago when they were being, well, fussy.

It suits me as I am fussy about certain things but mostly regarding food. Hence why the 'onion' fits in nicely.

I do like onions though so I'm not that fussy.
    There's another user on here called FunnyOnion and I always wonder if people think we're one and the same.

We're not but it's gas that someone also liked onions enough to choose it as part of their username.

Right I'm rambling. Bye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I love being out n about and interacting with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,276 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

When i was studying philosophy in college i came across this word and it struck a chord. it was obscure then, my tutor had never heard of it.

Now because of the internet, you can't throw a cat out of a window without hitting an Akrasia somewhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Can't Fathom why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,276 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

fussyonion wrote: »
    Vaguely recall someone on telly being called a fussy onion years ago when they were being, well, fussy.

It suits me as I am fussy about certain things but mostly regarding food. Hence why the 'onion' fits in nicely.

I do like onions though so I'm not that fussy.
    There's another user on here called FunnyOnion and I always wonder if people think we're one and the same.

We're not but it's gas that someone also liked onions enough to choose it as part of their username.

Right I'm rambling. Bye now.
    It is gas, onion gas, the kind that brings tears to the hardest of men. Hard because they love onions THAT much

Advertisement